How are you? I am still working on the farm, but unfortunately I am going to leave here at the end of winter. Let me tell you why.
We had a terrible time a month ago. Thousands of insects came and ate many of the crops in the fields. The farmer is very worried because he thinks the insects will come again and destroy all the crops. He became so worried that he sold the farm last week, and that is why I have to leave here.
Soon, I will have to look for another job. Do you think you could help me find one? I like working on farms, so if you know anyone who needs a hard worker, please recommend me to them. I know that you are very busy at the moment and that you don't have much free time. But I really hope you can find time to help me. I don't know what else to do.
If I can't find a job, I'll have to go back home and stay with my parents. I know they will be upset if I did that. They are old and they don't have very much money. They couldn't support me as well as themselves. I hope to hear from you soon. Your friend
Sarah and Collin live in an ...........................(26) house in an English village. Sarah is a secretary. She ...........................(27) five miles to work everyday in her car. She works seven ...........................(28) a day, from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. In the evening, she ...........................(29) diner for Colin and her daughter. Colin ...........................(30) at home. The village post office is one room in their house and Colin works ...........................(31). In the evening he ...........................(32) works or watch television. The people in the village ...........................(33) their stamps in Colin and Sarah's house! The post office is there, ...........................(34).
59. As soon as the bird saw the cat, it flied/flew away.
60. At the party we met some old friends of us/ours.
TRƯỜNG ĐẠI HỌC HÀ NỘI Trung tâm Đào tạo Từ xa
BÀI KIỂM TRA ĐẦU VÀO Họ và tên Thí sinh: _____________________________ Số báo danh: ___________
Ngày tháng năm sinh: ___________________ Ngày thi: ____/5 / 2007
Phần 1: Thí sinh sẽ được nghe HAI lần đoạn băng sau đây. Trong khi nghe, điền vào chỗ trống đánh số từ 1 đến 10 những thong tin còn thiếu
Time she usually gets up: __________________ (1)
At 7.45 she leaves home for __________________ (2)
Things she does during weekend morning: - gets up _______________ (3)
- makes some tea.
- listens to ________________ (4)
On Saturday morning, she goes to a __________________ (5)
with _______________ (6)
On Saturday afternoon, she goes to a __________________ (7)
On Saturday evening, she has dinner and goes to ___________________ (8)
She sometimes plays _____________________ (9) on Sunday afternoon.
She goes to bed at ____________ (10) on Sunday evening.
Phần 2: Thí sinh sẽ được nghe HAI lần đoạn băng sau đây. Trong khi nghe, đánh dấu câu nào đúng, câu nào sai so với nộI dung bài hộI thoại.
11. The man doesn't know which is the world’s tallest building.
12. The tallest statue in the world is in Russia.
13. The Motherland Castle was built in China.
14. The Lantau Buddha cost $60,000 to build.
15. It is as tall as a 23 meters.
16. The Dafo Buddha is the tallest statue in Asia.
17. The big toe of Lantau is 8 meters long.
18. A person could live on the toenail of the Dafo Buddha.
19. These toenails are two meters wide.
20. The Crazy Horse will be the tallest building in the world.
KEYS: - ENTRANCE K18 PART 1 (One mark each = 20)
D 6. B
A 7. D
B 8. C
B 9. C
B 10. B
11. C 16. A
12. A 17. B
13. B 18. C
14. C 19. B
15. B 20. C
Part 2 (Two marks each = 10) 21. B 22. A 23. D 24. C 25. C
Part 3 (One mark each . Total: 15) 26. old 31. there 36. and
27. drives 32. either 37. of
28. hours 33. buy 38. are
29. prepares/makes 34. too 39. The
30. works 35. The 40. like/love
Part 4 (One mark for each correct answer. Total: 05) 41. C 42. D 43. A 44. D 45. B
Part 4 (Two marks for each correct answer. Total: 10) 46. Neither my friend or I remember the address.
47. It's difficult to get there on time.
48. We were glad to see our friends again after such a long time.
49. They finally found a new house near a/the river.
50. How far is the office from here?
Part 5 (One mark for each correct answer. Total: 10) 51. with 52. was 53. big enough 54. with 55. was
56. opening 57. excited 58. At first 59. flew 60. Ours
KEYS TO THE LISTENING TEST (30 MARKS) Part 1 ( TWO marks for each correct answer. Total: 20)