- sports competition /spɔːrts ˌkɒm pɪˈtɪʃ ən/ (n): cuộc đua thể thao
- sporty /ˈspɔːr.t̬i/ (adj) khỏe mạnh, dáng thể thao
UNIT 9. CITIES OF THE WORLD(Các thành phố trên thế giới)
- Asia /ˈeɪ.ʒə/ (n): châu Á
- Africa /ˈæf.rɪ.kə/ (n): châu Phi
- Europe /ˈjʊr.əp/ (n): châu Âu
- Holland /ˈhɑː.lənd/ (n): Hà Lan
- Australia /ɑːˈstreɪl.jə/ (n): Úc
- America /əˈmer.ɪ.kə/ (n): châu Mỹ
- Antarctica /ænˈtɑːrk.tɪ.kə/ (n): châu Nam Cực
- award /əˈwɔrd/ (n, v): giải thưởng, trao giải thưởng
- common /ˈkɒm ən/ (adj): phổ biến, thông dụng
- continent /ˈkɑn·tən·ənt/ (n): châu lục
- creature /ˈkri·tʃər/ (n): sinh vật, tạo vật
- design /dɪˈzɑɪn/ (n, v): thiết kế
- journey /ˈdʒɜr·ni/ (n): chuyến đi
- landmark /ˈlændˌmɑrk/ (n): danh thắng (trong thành phố)
- lovely /ˈlʌv·li/ (adj): đáng yếu
- musical /ˈmju·zɪ·kəl/ (n): vở nhạc kịch
- palace /ˈpæl·əs/ (n): cung điện
- popular /ˈpɑp·jə·lər/ (adj): nổi tiếng, phổ biến
- postcard /ˈpoʊstˌkɑrd/ (n): bưu thiếp
- symbol /ˈsɪm·bəl/ (n): biểu tượng
- tower /ˈtɑʊ·ər/: (n) tháp
- UNESCO World Heritage /juːˈnes.koʊ wɜrld ˈher·ə·t̬ɪdʒ/ (n): di sản thế giới được UNESCO công nhận
- well-known /ˈwelˈnoʊn/ (adj): nổi tiếng
UNIT 10. OUR HOUSES IN THE FUTURE(Những ngôi nhà trong tương lai của chúng ta)
- apartment /əˈpɑrt·mənt/ và flat /flæt/ (n): căn hộ
Hai từ này thường được sử dụng với cùng một nghĩa là “căn hộ”. Tuy nhiên, theo thói quen, có nơi thì những căn hộ nhỏ được gọi là apartment và những căn hộ lớn hơn, có thế chiếm diện tích cả một tầng sẽ được gọi là flat.
- condominium /ˌkɑn·dəˈmɪn·i·əm/ (n): chung cư
- penthouse /ˈpent·hɑʊs/ (n): tầng trèn cùng của một tòa nhà cao tầng
A. will having B. having C. am having D. be having
15. We will ______our old friends next Sunday.
A. meet B. to meet C. meeting D. will meet
16. ______is your telephone number?
A. what B. when C. which D. how
17. Her birthday is _______Sun day, April 20th
A. on B. at C. in D. of
18. ______you have a test tomorrow morning?
A. will B. do C. are D. is
19. Will he be free? - ______
A. No, he isn't B. No, he doesn't C. No, he won't D. No, he be not
20. Mai ______ badminton in her free time.
A. plays B. playing C. play D.is playing
21. she will ______ happy.
A. be B. is C. are D. am
22. My family often______ for picnic on the weekend.
A. goes B. go C. are going D. is going
23. The children______ camping next week.
A. will go B. is going C. go D. goes
24. If we __________ waste paper, we will save a lot of trees.
A. Repeat B. Recycle C. Rewrite D. Remark
25. You can save money while shopping by only buying __________ you need.
A. What B. This C. It D. That
26. What can we do __________ air pollution?
A. Reduce B. To reduce C. Reducing D. To reducing
27. Why do you often forget to __________ the lights when you go out of the classroom?
A. Turn on B. Turn off C. Close D. Shut down
28. If we plant more trees in the schoolyard, the school will become a__________ place.
A. Darker B. cleaner C. Dirtier D. More polluted
29. Do you think we should put a __________ bin in every classroom in order to
keep it clean?
A. Reusable B. Recycled C. Recycling D. Recyclable
30. My brother and I will give last year’s clothes to __________ instead of throwing them away.
A. Shop B. People C. Charity D. Survey
31. Next week our class is having a discussion about finding __________ ways to reuse old items before throwing them away.
A. Interested B. Surprising C. Useless D. Creative
32. It is a good idea to __________ our clothes with our friends or cousins.
A. Change B. Swap C. Turn D. Send
33. If people turn off all electric appliances in one hour all over the world, they can save a lots of __________ .
A. Electric B. Electrical C. Electrician D. electricity
34. You should put the food in a reusable box __________ plastic bags.
A. By B. Instead of C.Because of D.Without
35. If we use __________ paper, we will save a lot of trees.
A. Fewer B. Less C. More D.Much
36. Don’t throw rubbish into the river because you will make it __________.
A. Greener B. Dirty C. Cleaner D. Fresher
37. If there is a rubbish bin in every class, the classroom will become______
A. Harmful B. Lighter C. Dirtier D. Cleaner
38. If we all use__________ bags, we will help the environment.
A. New B. Cheap C. Reusable D. Reduced
39. This newspaper is made of __________ paper.
A. Recycle B. Recycled C. Old D. Waste
40. Please collect all the recyclable materials, and take them to the __________ factory.
A. Recycle B. Recycled C. Recyclable D. Recycling
41. Reduce, reuse, recycle is said to encourage people to waste less, by using
less and using things again, in order to __________ the environment.
A. Harm B. Damage C. Pollute D. Protect
42. These three Rs __________ reduce, reuse and recycle.
A. Stand up B. Stand for C. Ask for D. Means
43. If you have old clothes, will you give them to those __________?
A. Needs B. To need C. For needing D. In need.
44.It’s very …………… to swim there. The water is healthypolluted
safe B. unsafe C. unpopular D. exciting
45. Many girls and women …… aerobics to keepfit.
A.play B.go C. do D. have
Task 4. Choose the best answer:
1. I ……………to Singapore three times. (A. have gone/ B. have been/ C. went/ D. visited)
2. My brother can’t swim…………he’s afraid of water. (A. because/ B. but/ C. and/D. so)
3. “I’ve just received a scholarship.” – “………………….”
(A. Really/B. Thank you/C. Congratulations/ D. Well)
4. We will have a ………to look after the children. (A. dishwasher/B. television / C. robot / D. computer)
5. Many girls and women ………………aerobics to keep fit. (A. play/ B. do/ C. go/ D. doing)
6. We might study (A. on / B. in / C. at ) computers at home.
7. We might go on holiday (A. in/B. from/ C. to) the moon.
8. We might have a (A. wire/ B. wireless/ C. wiring) TV so we can watch TV programmes from space.
9.The weather in Da Nang city is (A. hot/ B. noisy/ C. delicious).
10. Ho Chi Minh is the (A. larger/ B. large/C. largest) city in Viet Nam.
11. Hoa has never (A. been/ B. is/ C. was) to London .
12. Walking to school will help ………air pollution. (A. reduce/ B. reuse/ C. recycle/ D. refill)