SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, May 9, 2008
APPROVING THE MASTER PLAN ON SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government:
At the proposal of the Ministry of Planning and Investment in Report No. 650/TTr-BKH of January 28, 2008, and based on the opinions of concerned ministries, agencies and localities on the master plan on socio-economic development of Central Vietnam coast till 2020;
Article 1.- To approve the master plan on socio-economic development of Central Vietnam coast till 2020 with the following principal contents:
I. DEVELOPMENT OBJECTIVES
1. To build Central Vietnam coast into a developed economic region, an eastern gateway and an important North-South economic corridor of Central Vietnam and the whole country, contributing to the growth of the entire central region and of each province in the region. To achieve the GDP growth rate of about 12.5% during 2006-2010 and 12.9-13% during 2011-2020: the GDP ratio of the sea and coastal economy of Central Vietnam coast will account for about 76-80.4% of the GDP of the entire central region by 2020. contributing around 82-85% to the export value of the central region.
2. To build and perfect the coastal economic infrastructure, comprising the system of seaports, including Van Phong international entrepot port: airports; coastal traffic networks and road networks linking with the inland: systems of water supply, solid waste treatment, particularly hazardous wastes: systems of anti-natural disaster facilities, etc.
3. To form national seaward centers in Central Vietnam and in each province, each sub-region on the basis of developing coastal and seaward urban centers, coastal economic zones, industrial parks and tourist resorts.
4. To speedily develop the island economy.
5. To combine socio-economic development with human resource development; to synchronize the planning on development of economic zones and industrial parks with the planning on human resources. To comprehensively improve economic and cultural life of local people, quickly reducing the poverty rate. To boost socio-economic development of transversal sandbanks and difficulty-hit coastal areas in order to minimize the development gap between regions.
6. To develop Central Vietnam coast in the direction of sustainability, harmony between economic development and social progress and justice, natural environment protection and regeneration as well as life improvement.
7. To closely combine socio-economic development with defense and security maintenance as well as ecological environment protection, intensifying international cooperation in order to protect national sovereignty and territorial integrity, continental shelf and territorial waters.
II. DEVELOPMENT TASKS
In order to attain the above-planned objectives and contribute to realizing Vietnam Sea Strategy till 2020. the development of Central Vietnam coast centers on the following major tasks:
1. To develop coastal and marine technical infrastructure including coastal roads and road networks linking with the inland; seaports; airports: systems of water supply and treatment of solid wastes, particularly hazardous wastes; power supply; natural disaster prevention and righting facilities, salvage and rescue centers).
- To form a coastal road of 1,314 km. running through Central Vietnam coast, linking coasts from Thanh Hoa province to Binh Thuan province.
- To start building Deo Ca road tunnel.
-To build and complete the North-South expressway: By 2020. the eastern North-South route comprises the following sections: Ninh Binh- Thanh Hoa; Thanh Hoa-Vinh: Vinh-Ha Tinh; Cam Lo-Da Nang; Da Nang-Quang Ngai; Quang Ngai-Qui Nhon; NhaTrang-Dau Giay;
- To renovate, upgrade and expand transversal national highways up to grade III or IV; to solidify such frequently flooded sections as national highways 47, 7, 8A, 12A, 9, 49A, 14B + 14D, 24, 19, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 55.
To upgrade the entire route up to national and regional technical standards: to build dual-track railroads of 1.435 mm in gauge at Hanoi-Vinh and Ho Chi Minn City-Nha Trang sections. To study the construction of some sections of the North-South express railway, first of all Ho Chi Mirth City-Nha Trang and Hanoi- Vinh sections.
c/ Waterways: To improve fairways in association with the transformation of estuary
d/ To build technical infrastructures of economic corridors connecting urbar. centers seaports, airports with border-gate economic zones of the region, such as, Thanh Hoa-Sam Son: Vinh-Cua Lo-Ben Thuy: Ha Tinh-northern Quang Binh; Quang Tri-Hue: Da Nang-Dung Quat-Nhon Hoi; Nha Trang-Ninh Thuan-Binh Thuan economic corridors and East-West economic corridors connecting western border gates with eastern ports.
e/ To develop seaports
- To build Van Phong international entrepot port (Khanh Hoa; into a big national and international seaport with the handling capacity of 1.5 million TEU-by 2020 when the port is completely built.
- To build Lien Chieu-Da Nang port into a gateway port.
- To complete the upgrading of ports in economic zones as planned, including the ports of Nghi Son, Cua Lo, Vung Ang. Hon La, Chan May, Ky Ha. Dung Quat. Quy Nhon, Nhon Hoi. Vung Ro and Phu Quy. To develop Cua Viet and Ba Ngoi ports, meeting local development demands.
f/ To build and develop sea-going fleets. To quickly develop container-carrier fleets.
g/To build airports under the national airport system planning. To further invest in upgrading and expansion of the international airports of Da Nang. Cam Ranh. Phu Bai and Chu Lai. To efficiently tap Vinh. Dong Hoi. Phu Cat and Tuy Hoa airports. To study the improvement and upgrading of the airport on Phu Quoc island for tourism, petroleum services and defense.
h/To develop irrigation-cum hydro-electricity with reservoirs, canal networks to supply water for production and daily -life activities.
i/ Water supply system
To plan the water supply system for the entire Central Vietnam coast. To satisfy rural demands tor clean water by ways of drilling and building water wells, building rainwater tanks, using treated surface water and building water treatment and supply stations using domestic technologies.
j/ System of water drainage and treatment of solid wastes, particularly hazardous wastes
To plan waste landfills, garbage treatment plants, plants for treatment of wastewater of urban centers, economic zones and industrial parks before it is discharged into rivers or seas. To build concentrated solid waste treatment facility for every province; and hazardous solid waste treatment facility for each coastal sub-region.
- For the project on atomic power plant in Ninh Thuan, the planning thereon must specify mechanisms and separate waste treatment location.
k/ Electricity supply
- To develop power sources according to the national planning on electricity development during 2006-2015, with vision towards 2025 (under the Prime Minister's Decision No. 110/ 2007/QD-TTg of July 18. 2007). To ensure the schedule of construction of hydro power plants for multi-purposes such as flood control, water supply and electricity generation: to prepare and call for investment in the construction of wind-power mills. To study the possibility of building establishments of electricity generation by sea waves, tidal waves.
- Electricity works to be built along Central Vietnam coast include:
+ From now till 2010: The thermo-power plant for Dung Quat oil refinery with the capacity of 104 MW; Vung Ang I thermo-power plant, phase 1, with the capacity of 600 MW.
+ During 2011-2015: Vung Ang I thermo-power plant, phase 2, with the capacity of 600 MW; Nghi Son I thermo-power plant, phases 1 and 2. with the capacity of 600MW; Nghi Son II thermo-power plant, phases 1 and 2, with the capacity of 1,200 MW; Vung Ang II thermo-power plant, phases 1 and 2. with the capacity of 1,200 MW; and Vinh Tan thermo-power plant, phases 1, 2 and 3, with the capacity of 4,400 MW
+ During 2016-2025: Central Vietnam coal-fired thermo-power plant I with the capacity of 1,200 MW; Central Vietnam coal-fired thermo-power plant II with the capacity of 1,200 MW; Central Vietnam coal-fired thermo-power plant III with the capacity of 1,200 MW; Central Vietnam coal-fired thermo-power plant IV with the capacity of 1,200 MW; Central Vietnam coal-fired thermo-power plant V with the capacity of 1,200 MW: Central Vietnam coal-fired thermo-power plant VI with the capacity of 1,200 MW; Central Vietnam coal-fired thermo-power plant VII with the capacity of 1.200 MW; Central Vietnam coal-fired thermo-power plant VIII with the capacity of 2,000 MW; Central Vietnam coal-fired thermo-power plant IX with the capacity of 1,000 MW; and Central Vietnam coal-fired thermo-power plant X with the capacity of 1.200 MW.
Nuclear power plant I (Ninh Thuan), phase I (2020), with the capacity of 1,000 MW, phase 2 (2021), with the capacity of 1,000 MW. phase 3 (2022) with the capacity of 1,000 MW. Nuclear power plant II (Ninh Thuan), phase 1 (2022), with the capacity of 1,000 MW; nuclear power plant I (Ninh Thuan), phase 4 (2023), with the capacity of 1.000 MW; nuclear power plant II (Ninh Thuan), phase 2 (2023), with the capacity of 1.000 MW. phases 3 and 4 (20241, with the capacity of 2,000 MW; and nuclear power plant III (Ninh
Thuan). phase 1 (2024). with the capacity of 1,000 MW. phases 2 and 3 (2025), with the capacity of 2,000 MW.
- To develop electricity networks and grids of 500 KV and 220 KV to supply electricity for the region, meeting socio-economic development demands of Central Vietnam coast.
1. To develop postal and telecommunications networks
The average telephone set density is expected to reach 32-42 sets/100 persons (of which 14-16 fixed telephone set/100 persons); the average Internet subscription rate to reach 8-12 subscribers/100 persons (of which 30%.are wideband subscribers); 100% of communes-will have public telephone booths and public internet access spots; 100% of districts. 100% of universities and colleges and almost all communes in key regions are provided with wide-band internet services; 100% of general education schools of different levels and hospitals are internet-connected. The rate of frequent internet users will reach 25-35% of population.
- To develop telecommunications services to serve the development of marine economy, offshore fishing, maritime activities, management of sea rescue a ccording to divided international responsibility region: to build Da Nang city into a high-quality telecommunications service center of Central Vietnam and the whole country, which provides multi-services and operates with efficiency.
m/ To develop and invest in the construction of natural disaster-warning, preventing and fighting facilities, salvage and rescue centers, storm-shelter anchorage areas, including natural
disaster observation and warning systems; material foundations in service of sea rescue and salvage; fishery support service establishments, storm shelter anchorage areas under the Prime Minister's Decision No. 288/2005/QD-TTg, adjusting the planning on storm shelter anchorage areas for fishing ships till 2010 with vision towards 2020; ports and fishery logistic service areas in Lach Hoi (Thanh Hoa), Lach Quen and Lach Van (NgheAn) Cua Sot (HaTinh). Cua Tung (Quang Tri), Cua Dai and An Hoa (Quang Nam). Sa Ky and Ly Son (Quang Ngai), Tam Quan, De Gi and Quy Nhon (Binh Dinh), Tien Chau (Phu Yen). Ninh Chu (Ninh Thuan), Phan Thiet and Phu Quy (Binh Thuan);
n/To develop concentrated aquaculture areas on sandy areas, inefficient rice- or rush-planting or salt-making areas (paying attention to environmental protection). To invest in aquatic breeding areas. To focus on infrastructure for development of sea and island aquaculture.
o/To invest in aquatic product processing and trading establishments, such as processing plants, fish markets, aquatic product preservation storehouses and other fishery trading infrastructure works.
p/To consolidate and upgrade the estuary and sea dyke systems in combination with regulation of river flow to combat deposit slides, and restrict desertization. ensuring flood drainage and general exploitation of water sources of every basin. To handle and protect a number of river sections with people living densely in estuary areas which are witnessing erosion and slides.
q/ To step up the program on planting of protection forests along Centra! Vietnam coast.
r/ To build rational flood drainage corridors by combining dyke systems with river bed expanses.
s/To rearrange residential quarters and build public works (schools, hospitals, health stations, cultural nouses....) and nouses in flood-stricken areas in the direction of natural disaster prevention and fighting.
- To build Da Nang into a marine economic center of the region and one of the country's three big marine economic centers.
- To develop regional urban centers into seaward centers of each province, each sub-region. in Central Vietnam's coastal region: Thanh Hoa into a development center in northern Central Vietnam: Vinh into an economic and cultural center of northern Central Vietnam; Hue city into a festival and tourist city and a cultural and economic center of the region; a commercial, service and international transaction center, a scientific, training and high-quality multi-branch medical center of the region; Nha Trang into an economic, cultural and scientific center of Khanh Hoa province and southern Central Vietnam and a marine tourist center of the country.
- To build and develop coastal cities and towns in each province into seawards centers, such as Ha Tinh. Dong Hoi. Tam Ky. Quang Ngai, Quy Nhon, Tuy Hoa. Phan Rang-Thap Cham. Phan Thiet and Dong Ha provincial town.
b/ Coastal economic zones
- To develop economic zones in association with local and regional economic restructuring toward industrialization and modernization.
- To speed up the development of already established economic zones, first of all those bearing the motive-force significance for Centra: Vietnam coast such as Dung Quat, Chu Lai. Nhon Hoi, Van Phong. Chan May-Lang Co. Nghi Son. Vung Ang. Southeastern Nghe An and Southern Phu Yen economic zones.
- To form Hon La economic zone, c/ Industrial parks
- During 2006-2010: To concentrate investment in the completion and efficient exploitation of 21 industrial parks and export processing zones being under construction on the total land area of 3,519 ha. especially industrial parks in key areas. To consider the expansion and establishment of 7 new industrial parks with the total area of around 1,600 ha. To develop a number of medium- or small-sized industrial clusters, creating spaces and opportunities for medium and small enterprises to develop.
- During 2011-2020 and subsequent years, to establish 23 new industrial parks and expand 7 ones with the total area of about 5.578 ha by 2020. To encourage industrial parks to invest in the development of high technologies and production of export goods.
- To distribute industrial parks in combination with the formation of regional urban spots along corridors. To develop industrial clusters as planned in areas where conditions permit.
3. To develop island economy
- To intensify the investment in construction of infrastructure works in service of defense and security in combination with economic development in. island districts or communes, to support the development of offshore fishing and coastal roads including wharves, fishery logistic service zones, storm-shelter anchorage areas, water reservoirs, wind power stations, solid waste treatment plants, etc.
- To develop tourism, offshore fishing and logistic services in combination with the defense and security tasks on such islands as Hon Me Thanh Hoa) Hen Mat and Ngu (Nghe An). Con Co (Quang Tri). Cu Lao Cham (Quang Nam), Ly Son (Quang Ngai), Nhon Hoi (Binh Dinh), various islands in Khanh Hoa and Phu Quy (Binh Thuan).
- To develop Phu Quy island economy under Decision No. 312/2007/QD-TTg. on a number of incentive mechanisms and policies towards Phu Quy island.
4. To develop social affairs, eliminate hunger and alleviate poverty and step up socio-economic development of transversal expanse communes, difficulty-hit areas of Central Vietnam coast
a/ Education, healthcare, culture, physical training and sports
+To expand pre-school education, raising the enrolment rate of 5 year-old children to 80-85% by 2010 and over 95% by 2020. By 2015, 50% of primary schools will reach national standards, which will rise to 100% by 2020. To complete lower secondary education universalization by 2010. To expand vocational orientation education, ensuring that over 90% of lower and upper secondary school pupils participate in vocational orientation programs and activities.
+ To further develop the recruitment and training scale so that about 10-12% of the youth in the 18-24 age group receive tertiary education by 2010 and about 35-40% by 2020. To concentrate investment in the construction of such high-quality training establishments as-Da Nang university, Hue university, Nha Trang university (for fishery and oceanography).
+ To develop Da Nang and Hue cities into human resource development centers of Central Vietnam and the whole country. To build Vinh (Nghe An) ana Nha Trang (Khann Hoa) into
human resource development centers of Central Vietnam.
+ To concentrate investment in building Da Nang university into a national tertiary education and scientific research center. To invest in the development of Vinh. Quy Nhon and Nha Trang universities. To study the building of Hue university into a national university by 2015. To invest in consolidating and raising the training capacity of universities and colleges in the region.
+ To concentrate investment in the development of networks of vocational (hi-tech job training) colleges and intermediate vocational schools. To build a number of vocational colleges in Thanh Hoa, Vinh (in combination with technical the teachers-training university), Hue. Da Nang. Dung Quat. Quy Nhon (in combination with the technical teachers-training college) and Nha Trang. To build a number of hi-tech job training centers in service of industrial parks (in Vinh, Hue, Da Nang, Dung Quat and Quy Nhon areas).
- Medical service and healthcare
+ To complete the construction of intensive-care medical centers of Central Vietnam and Centra! Highlands (in Hue and Da Nang cities). To build regional general hospitals in Nghe An.-Quy Nhon and Khanh Hoa. To expand and upgrade provincial general hospitals. To encourage the establishment of private general hospitals and clinics in the region.
+ To consolidate and perfect grassroots medical networks in association with population distribution, and develop preventive medicine networks. To ensure social justice in access to. and benefiting from, medical services. To intensify health information and education, food safety and hygiene: to introduce healthcare contents into the movement for building the cultured villages.
- information and culture, physical training
+ To build up a civilized lifestyle, to preserve and promote fine family and village principles. By 2010, 75-80% of households, villages, hamlets and communes reach cultured family or establishment standards, which will rise to 90-100% by 2015. By 2010, 100% of communes, wards and townships will have cultural institutions (or cultural centers, libraries (book cases), outdoor spots for children's cultural activities and play, which will be expanded and upgraded by 2020 to suit the socio-economic situation; to preserve and promote historical and cultural relics as well as cultural heritages in association with development of assorted tours.
+ To complete radio-television broadcasting networks.
+ To invest in the construction, upgrading, expansion and incremental modernization of provincial physical training-sport infrastructure.
b/ To eliminate hunger and alleviate poverty in coastal transversal expanse communes and difficulty-hit areas of Central Vietnam coast
- To comprehensively and efficiently implement hunger elimination and poverty alleviation programs and projects; create opportunities for the poor to access policies on supports in infrastructure in service of production, on land, credit, vocational training, job creation, agricultural extension, product sale. etc.
- To build up and develop social welfare networks and well materialize social policies. To adopt mechanisms in support of the construction of solid public works against storms and floods.
- To attach importance to job generation, raise the job quality and increase income for laborers. To widely develop job generation models. To support medium and small enterprises, especially with intensive-labor production or service activities. To develop networks of job recommendation centers, develop activities related to labor market information: to intensify employment transactions on the market. To form a job recommendation center of Central Vietnam coast in Da Nang.
c/ To develop sciences and technologies
- To early form marine science and technology research centers on the basis of the system of universities and research institutes in Da Nang and Nha Trang (the Oceanographic Institute and the Fishery University).
- To develop marine science and technology into motive forces for the development of sea-related domains. To build up marine science and technology potential and systems, meeting the renewal requirements and efficiently serving the process of industrialization, modernization and scientific-technological development of the country.
- To concentrate with priority the investment in research and application of high technologies in direct service of survey and assessment of the economic potential of the sea and coastal areas, in service of scientific research, maintenance of defense and security on the sea.
- To develop scientific and technological services in the domains of standards, quality. industrial property, consultancy and technology transfer, to develop petrol and oil science and technology.
5. To develop production spaces a/ Industry
- To restructure industries toward formation of systems of key industrial products: oil-refining and petro-chemical. electricity, metallurgical, mechanical engineering, electronic, ship-building and -repairing industries (paying attention to environmental protection and waste treatment). To develop consumer goods and building-materials industries. To develop agricultural, forestry and fishery product-processing industries in association with raw-materials areas.
- To invest in the construction of oil-refining, and petro-chemical complexes in Dung. Quat of Quang Ngai, Nghi Son of Thanh Hoa, Nhon Hoi of Binh Dinh. Southern Phu Yen (Hoa Tam. Dong Hoa) of Phu Yen.
- To develop light industry, craft village industries, rural industries and with a view to using raw materials available in the region, creating jobs for laborers, increasing their incomes and commodity products, meeting the increasingly diverse and high consumption demands of population quarters.
- To invest in technological renewal, product model diversification, intensive processing, raising the product quality on hi-tech production chains up to international standards To attach importance to building up regional commodity brands on the international market.
- To cooperate with provinces along the central coast and in other economic regions on development of industries and other economic branches.
- To quickly develop marine, island and coastal tourism into a leading economic branch of the sea economy, ranking high in Southeast Asia. To associate tourist development with the preservation ana promotion of national cultural identities.
- To concentrate investment in development of various forms of high-quality tourism, entertainment and recreation with diversified and high-value tourist products.
- To develop tourism in Central Vietnam coast along coastal routes by national highway 1, to build tourist routes based on the exploitation of tourist value of historical and cultural relics, war vestiges and world heritages.
- To develop infrastructure works in service of tourist development. To build a number of modern international trade fair, conference and seminar complexes, general sport complexes in Hue, Da Nang. Quy Nhon. Nha Trang,...capable
of hosting international cultural, sport, tourist or entertainment events, particularly sea sports.
- To promote and advertise tourism.
- To form by 2020 three tourist triangles: Sam Son-Nghia Dan-Vung Ang; Phong Nha. Hue-Da Nang, Ba Na-Hoi An; and Nha Trang-Da Lat-Mui Ne.
To develop other sea economy-related services: shipping services, seaport and airport services', petroleum service and business: commercial, banking, financial and telecommunications services.
d/ Agricultural and forestry production
- To develop regional agriculture toward raising production safety, flood prevention and combat, raising the efficiency on each hectare of cultivated land. To develop hi-tech agriculture, widely applying bio-technology to agricultural production, agricultural products meeting food quality, hygiene and safety. To restructure crops in rice-growing areas. To scrutinize the planning on raw-materials zones in association with processing industry in Central Vietnam coast. To develop short-term industrial crops (sugarcane, ground nut. pineapple, tobacco, sesame, cotton....) fruit trees, suitable to climate and soil conditions of each area. To develop herds of cows, pigs and other domestic animals in association with the formation of large-scale establishments of raising meat and milch animals. To build breeding centers, increasing equipment and personnel for veterinary work and husbandry sanitation.
- To develop forest economy into an important economic branch in association with environmental protection. To further protect and develop forest funds, particularly coastal protective forests, special-use forests and national nature conservation zones; to step up forest planting, tending and restoration.
- To develop aquaculture in association with the protection of ecological environment, the protection and re-generation of aquatic resources, disease prevention and control for raised animals in the direction of rapid industrialization and modernization of aquaculture. To develop aquatic breeds and cooperate in research into culture of marine materia medica in service of pharmaceutical processing.
6. To protect sea and coastal environment
- To propagate for. educate in and raise people's awareness of. the sea's role in regional development and the responsibility to protect the sea environment. To raise public awareness and knowledge about threats to coastal natural resources and environment and measures for sustainable management. To formulate research and development programs for improvement of local communities' livelihood and perfection of education and training programs on management of natural resources and environment:
- To protect the environment and eco-systems and human health from impacts of socioeconomic development activities and natural disasters, including the protection of quality of coastal water, beaches, coastal eco-systems and environment around islands along Central Vietnam coast: to prevent and minimize harms caused by natural disasters and environmental incidents such as riverbank or coastal erosion and slides, as well as floods:
-To conserve valuable fauna and flora species, natural resources, living environment and important ecological, social, cultural and historical values;
- To improve and restore degraded natural resources and living environment in coastal areas.
- To enhance the institutions on comprehensive management of coastal areas towards sustainable development.
7. To maintain marine defense and security
- To raise responsibilities of authorities at all levels, branches and localities for defense and security tasks to firmly defend national sovereignty over sea areas and islands.
- To combine economic arrangement with defense. While arranging construction works and population, attention must be paid to defense in order to create a chain posture for mutual support.
- To build a number of dual-purpose branches and domains undertaking both economic and defense as well as security tasks (ship-building industry, building-materials industry, textile and garment industry, information and communication, sea shipping, sea fishing, etc,).
- To mobilize and rationally arrange armed forces units for performance of the sea economy and services, acting as mainstay for economic activities on sea. To adopt policies to encourage and create all-people defense and people security postures, ensuring regular civil activities in the entire sea areas.
- To step up defense-related external activities, thoroughly understanding international laws and practices for timely and efficient settlement of sea and island disputes, not letting hot spots to occur. To closely combine defense struggle with military external relations. To consolidate and expand defense cooperation with ASEAN countries and China.
III. MAJOR SOLUTIONS TO IMPLEMENTATION OF THE MASTER PLAN
1. To mobilize resources and investment for socio-economic development of Central Vietnam coast
The total investment capital demand for socioeconomic development of Central Vietnam coast is estimated at about VND 411 trillion during 2006-2010. about VND 608 trillion during 2011-2015 and around VND 1,314 trillion during the 2016-2020. Capital will be raised in the following direction:
- State budget capital sources (local and central budget capital sources through investment programs of the State) will concentrate with priority on projects in the economic branches or domains mapped out in the Action Program for Realization of the Political Bureau's Resolution No. 39 on socio-economic development and defense and security maintenance in the northern and coastal regions of Central Vietnam.
- To mobilize credit and stock capital sources. To encourage and prioritize the development of
joint-stock companies, speeding up the equitization of state enterprises.
- To further attract capital sources from people. encouraging enterprises and individuals to invest in production and business and contribute their labor or money in addition to state capital sources to the construction of material foundations and infrastructure and the implementation of social policies.
- To further step up the attraction of foreign direct investment (FDI) capital, formulating incentive policies to attract investors. To cany out programs on investment promotion at home and abroad: calling for investment in various forms: direct investment, joint venture, BOT, BT or BTO investment in infrastructure construction projects.
- To prioritize the use of ODA capital sources in support of sciences, technologies, urban development, infrastructure construction and environmental protection.
- To support the investment in comprehensive rural development in association with programs on hunger elimination and poverty alleviation, infrastructure development, policy and institutional reform, financial services, human resources training: to develop rural road networks: to build and upgrade water drainage systems in provincial towns, townships and rural areas; to support the development of education and training, to develop public health and anti-epidemics systems.
2. To alter investment orientations towards focal investment in a number of domains
- To focally invest in the construction of seaport infrastructure, tourist resorts and spots, economic zones, industrial parks: in the domains of irrigation, transport, post and telecommunications and information technology. power grid development, rural and urban infrastructure. To early build Van Phong international entrepot port: Cam Ranh international airport; systems of big reservoirs and irrigation works.
- To invest in the development of oil-refining and petro-chemical industry in Dung Quat. Nghi Son. Southern Phu Yen. Nhon Hoi and Binh Thuan economic zones: shipbuilding industry; intensive-labor industries. To develop tourism and service sectors. To invest in building concentrated agricultural commodity production areas.
- To invest under the East Sea program in the development of island economy, combining economic development with defense.
- To invest in the performance of tasks in service of natural disaster prevention and reduction and tasks under national programs implemented in Central Vietnam coastal areas.
3. To improve macro-economic environment and business environment for sustainable growth and mobilization of regional resources
To improve land-use regulations in order to create capital for infrastructure construction. To strongly develop the capital market. To boost the development of the securities market, speed up the equitization of state enterprises and develop the monetary market. To further renew collective economy and develop private economy.
4. To formulate and implement special policies towards Central Vietnam's coast
To study and early propose a number of special policies towards Central Vietnam coast, such as policies on development of natural disaster prevention and reduction works: policies towards people in coastal transversal sandbanks and policies on development of seaward centers of Central Vietnam coast.
5. To boost human resource development To build up sea-related human resources including sea-related scientific and technological researchers: specialists and laborers intensively trained in maritime sector (sea transport, shipbuilding, seaport); in petroleum exploitation and refining: fishing and aquaculture: sea tourism, etc.. to formulate mechanisms and policies on human resource training and plans on development of human resources of various economic sectors.
To promulgate a preferential regime to attract talented specialists and encourage outstanding university graduates to work in Central Vietnam provinces.
6. To promote inter-provincial and inter-regional cooperation and international integration
- To intensify coordination among ministries, central branches and provinces in the study and formulation of projects in line with branch and provincial development planning and ensure capital sources, schemes on raw-materials supply and product sale, ensure ecological environment and resettlement....
- To ensure coordination among branches and provinces in directing and administering the implementation of planning and plans, appraising investment projects, supplying information in service of forecasts: in training and supplying human resources in service of economic development demands of Central Vietnam coast.
- To further coordination and cooperation among three provinces of Phu Yen. Khanh Hoa and Ninh Thuan: inter-regional cooperation between northern and coastal regions of Central Vietnam and key economic regions of northern Vietnam, eastern South Vietnam as well as Central Highlands.
7. To continue reforming administrative procedures, making and improving laws
- To continue eliminating cumbersome and
overlapping procedures, which are easily taken advantage of to commit corruption. To scrutinize working process and administrative procedures, creating favorable conditions for citizens and investors. To simplify land-related procedures, construction permit-granting procedures.... To continue implementing the one-stop shop mechanism: to apply ISO system to activities of administrative agencies.
- To revise legal documents promulgated by provinces in the planning region, identifying those still suitable to the new requirements and those no longer suitable, then work out detailed plans for their amendment, supplementation or replacement in order to meet the regional planning"s requirements;
- To incorporate tasks of elaboration and improvement of legal documents of localities to suit development tasks.
- To formulate mechanisms for oversight of strict observance of the orientations charted in the approved master plan.
IV. ORGANIZATION OF IMPLEMENTATION OF THE MASTER PLAN
1. Ministries, branches and localities shall work out programs of action for implementation of the mater plan
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility for formulation of a program on coordinated implementation of the mater plan: incorporate development objectives, orientations, tasks and solutions in this master plan and the master plan on sccio-economic development of the entire central region: coordinate with the Ministry of Finance in balancing and mobilizing resources particularly capital sources for the development of Centra! Vietnam coast, identifying big works and projects in economic zones and projects calling for foreign direct investment and official development assistance.
- Ministries and branches shall organize the implementation of the master plan, formulate programs for coordinated implementation of the master plan: incorporate development objectives, orientations, tasks and solutions in the master plan into their respective branch development planning in the whole country and specifically in the central region: coordinate with relevant branches, provinces and cities in localities in ensuring resources for socio-economic development of Central Vietnam coast.
- The provinces and centrally run cities in Central Vietnam coast shall review their own master plans, incorporating development objectives, orientations, tasks and solutions in this master plan into their own socio-economic development master plans: formulate their master plans on development of their respective coastal areas in conformity with the master plan on Central Vietnam coast and the spirit of the Resolution of the 4th plenum of the Party Central Committee (Xth Congress) on Vietnam Sea Strategy.
- Branches and administrations of all level shall incorporate the master plan into their respective five-year and annual plans with targets and tasks closely associated with the contents of this master plan.
2. Annually, based on the evaluation of implementation of the master plan. to adjust and supplement the master plan to suit the situation and practical conditions of Central Vietnam coast.
Article 2.- This master plan serves as the
dentation and basis formulation. submission for approval and implementation of specialized plannings and investment projects in the regional provinces according to regulations.
Article 3.- This Decision takes effect 15 days after its publication in "CONG BAO".
Articled 4.- Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of government-attached bodies and presidents of provinces and centrally run cities in the region shall implement this Decision.