SOCIALISTREPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, November 10, 2010
APPROVING THE MASTER PLAN ON SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF QUANG NGAI PROVINCE THROUGH 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 92/ 2006/ND-CP of September 7, 2006, on the formulation, approval and management of socioeconomic development master plans; and Decree No. 04/2008/ND-CP of January 11, 2008, amending and supplementing a number of articles of Decree No. 92/2006/ND-CP of September 7, 2006;
At the proposal of the People's Committee of Quang Ngai province,
Article 1. To approve the master plan on socio-economic development of Quang Ngai province through 2020, with the following principal contents:
I. DEVELOPMENT VIEWPOINTS
1. To bring into the fullest play local potential and advantages; to effectively utilize all resources, focusing on key sectors for socioeconomic development while further improving administration institutions and mechanisms so as to realize the objective of developing an externally oriented and open economy, taking the initiative in integrating into and expanding economic relations, first of all, with central coastal and Central Highlands provinces and provinces in the Vietnam-Laos-Cambodia development triangle.
2. To strive for the target of fast and sustainable economic development, aiming at hunger eradication and poverty alleviation, to improve people's material and spiritual life and develop a properly structured and high quality human resource for each sector and territorial area.
3. To strongly push forward the process of economic restructuring toward industrialization and modernization; to focus on key sectors with a competitive edge such as the petrochemical industry, steel industry, agricultural, forest and fisheries product processing and services with a high scientific and technological content so as to create development breakthroughs capable of bringing about high effectiveness and forming an industry-service-agriculture economy. To attach special importance to supporting the development of economic and social infrastructure facilities for the province's western districts, inundated areas and islands.
4. To associate economic development with effective settlement of burning social issues, and improvement of people's material and cultural life. To develop high-quality human resources to primarily meet development requirements of key industries such as petrochemical, metallurgy and shipbuilding, and high-quality services. To pay attention to cultural development, education and training and human resource development in rural and mountainous areas.
To synchronously implement solutions for incorporating environmental protection requirements into industrial and urban development plans and plans on development of infrastructure facilities in industrial parks and residential areas so as to assure ecological sustainability. To make proper investment in forest protection and improvement, protection of the eco-environment, prevention of industrial and urban pollution and assurance of a safe labor environment.
5. To closely combine economic development with security and defense maintenance; to build and consolidate a firm political system by further increasing the defense potential and building interrelated basic defense areas. To assure an entire-people security and defense disposition, maintain social order and stability, especially in important geographical areas.
II. DEVELOPMENT OBJECTIVES
1. General objectives
To increase external cooperative and economic relations, expand domestic and overseas markets and make intensive investment in sectors of a high competitive edge for fast, effective and sustainable economic growth while carrying out economic restructuring along the line of industrialization for Quang Ngai to become an industrial-service province by 2020.
To create a breakthrough in the development of basic industries creating a high added value and of high-quality services and eco-agriculture. To invest in the development of human resources, especially high-quality ones, in combination with the increased application of advanced technologies and creation of jobs; to quickly reduce poor households and improve the people's material and spiritual life.
To closely combine socio-economic development with firm maintenance of defense and security and protection of the eco-environment. To strive to develop Quang Ngai into a developed province in the central key economic region by 2020.
2. Specific objectives a/ Economic targets:
- To strive to reach an annual average economic growth rate of 14% during 2011-2015 and about 12-13% during 2016-2020. The province's per-capita GDP calculated at 2007 prices will be USD 2,000-2,200 by 2015, and USD 4,300-4,500 by 2020;
- To carry out economic restructuring towards increasing the share of the industrial and service sector while gradually reducing that of agriculture- The industrial and service sector will account for 85- 90% of GDP by 2015, and over 90% by 2020;
- To form a large commercial center in Quang Ngai city and a system of supermarkets in the province's major economic centers. By 2020, the service sector's contribution will account for 32-35% of the province's GDP;
- To implement measures to increase and effectively use local budget revenues so as to increase the percentage of budget revenues in GDP from 13.2% in 2008 to 18% by 2020.
b/ Social targets:
- To strive for the targets that by 2020, 99% of children of eligible age groups will attend primary and lower secondary schools; 70% of primary schools and 70% of secondary schools will reach national standards; 99% of children of eligible age will complete lower secondary education and 35% of children of eligible age GDP to 60% by 2020.
- Petrochemical and refinery:
During 2011-2015: To develop the petrochemical industry and oil products such as liquefied gas (250,000/tons/year) and N-parafin (65,000/tons/year), polystylene plastic (60,000 tons/year), carbon black (50,000 tons/year) and industrial detergents (80,000 tons/year), with a total investment of about USD 250 million. To implement LAB, carbon black, radian rubber tire and PVC and PE plastic projects. To expand the existing oil refinery to reach an output of 10 million tons and prepare conditions for the development of a new petrochemical refinery complex in Dung Quat.
During 2016-2020: To develop a new petrochemical refinery complex and increase the total value of petrochemical products by 1.5-2 times that of 2015 and the sector's added value by 3 times the 2015's figures.
- Metal processing, metallurgy, shipbuilding and electro-informatics:
To invest in the manufacture of high-class electric-mechanical and electronic equipment to meet export and domestic consumption demands; to process non-standard equipment for the construction of Dung Quat Economic Zone, Van Tuong city and other industrial parks in the region.
To develop the electro-informatics industry along the line of software processing and system integration, aiming to support the development of mechanical and electronic products, equipment and machinery and production lines for local production establishments.
- Agricultural, forestry and fishery product processing:
To modernize production equipment and devices so as to turn out high-quality fishery, forest and husbandry products up to food safety and hygiene standards for export. To strive for the target that the production value of the agricultural, forest and fishery product processing industry wilt account for 14% of the province's industrial production value by 2020.
- Construction materials, ceramics, porcelain and glass:
To make investment to increase the output of the additive processing plant, clinker grinding plant and brick manufacturing plant and build a corrugated iron plant with an output of 1.5 million m2/year and a centrifugal concrete plant of an output of 100 m of concrete pipe/day. To increase the proportion of the sub-sector's production value to 6.2% of the province's total industrial value by 2020.
To invest in new quarries and expand the capacity of quarries in the western area of Doc Soi (Binh Chanh and Binh Nguyen) in Binh Son district; Binh My area, the eastern area of Tra Bong (Tra Son and Tra Phu) and Tinh Hiep; Pho Phong area of Duc Pho district, and Ba Dong area of Ba To district (along national highway 24); and the southern area of Duc Pho (Pho Hoa, Pho Khanh and Pho Thach).
To invest in building a mineral water plant in Binh Dong (Tra Binh commune, Tra Bong district), exploiting Nghia Thuan, Thach Tru and Thach Bich mineral water sources. To invest in the exploitation and processing of other valuable minerals in the locality such as iron, titanium, zinc and rare earth.
- Textiles-garment and footwear:
To increase the output of garment plants by 3-3.5 million products/year. To build a sports shoe plant with an output of 1 million pairs/year and a PE fiber plant with an output of 200,000 tons/year.
- Electricity and water production and distribution:
To invest in building and operating 15 hydropower plants under the province's power plan, paying attention to plants built on Tra Khuc river with a total capacity of 40 MW; Nuoc Trong hydropower plant (16 MW) and Dakring hydropower complex (170 MW).
To further invest in renovating the water supply system and increasing the capacity of the Quang Ngai city's water plant to 45,000 m3/ day; to complete phase-II construction of Dung Quat water plant with a capacity of up to 100,000 m3/day. To invest in building a water plant with a capacity of 33,000 m3/day to serve steel mills.
- Cottage industries and craft villages:
To restore and develop traditional craft villages and improve product quality in order to meet increasing market demands. To adopt and develop new trades such as mushroom growing, bonsai planting, ornamental animal raising, fake flower making, embroidery and lace and making of fine-art articles.
- Development of industrial parks and clusters:
To synchronously develop the province's industrial parks linked with Dung Quat Economic Zone. To fill up Tinh Phong and Quang Phu industrial parks by 2015, and attain an annual growth rate of over 30% for all industrial parks. After 2010, to expand Tinh Phong industrial park by 209 hectares and build a residential quarter for these industrial parks.
To plan the building of industry-cottage industry and craft village clusters on a total area of 560 hectares in different districts to generate some 45.000 jobs. Of these, 4 clusters, namely Sa Huynh (5 hectares), Pho Phong (10 hectares) and Go Hoi (5 hectares) industry and cottage industry clusters and Pho Khanh industrial cluster (5 hectares), will be built in Duc Pho district. In Tu Nghia district, La Ha industrial cluster (50 hectares) and some industrial points will be built in Co Luy and Nghia Thuan. In Nghia Hanh district, Dong Dinh industrial cluster will be expanded from 10 to 30 hectares while a new Da Hai Mount industrial cluster of 5 hectares will be formed in Hanh Phuoc commune. In Binh Son district, 4 industrial clusters, namely Binh Nguyen (20 hectares), Binh Khuong (15 hectares), East Chau O township (10 hectares) and Binh Hiep (20 hectares), will be developed. In Mo Duc district, Quan Lat industrial cluster will be completed and have its area expanded to 20 hectares after 2015. In Son Tinh district, Tinh An Tay industrial cluster and Son Tinh township industrial and craft village cluster will be completed. To expand An Hai industry-craft village cluster on Ly Son island from 1 to 2 hectares.
2. Services: To quickly develop and diversity types of services, increase the share of services in GDP to 30.8% by 2015, and over 32.4% by 2020. Export turnover of goods and services will reach USD 400- 410 million by 2020.
To strive to reach a social retail growth rate of 16-18% during 2011-2015 and 16% during 2016-2020.
During 2011-2015, to complete the building of 189 markets, giving priority to Dung Quat market, Quang Ngai city farm produce wholesale market and Duc Pho market.
During 2016-2020, to build Nghia Chanh farm produce market (in Quang Ngai city) and Son Tinh farm produce market. To build department stores in Quang Ngai city, Dung Quat Economic Zone and Doc Soi and Duc Pho areas. To build 2 import and export depots in Sa Ky seaport and Dung Quat port and 1 - 2 storing yards in the outskirts of Quang Ngai and Van Tuong cities to serve goods circulation in the domestic market. To build a new storehouse of 60,000 m3 and a pier capable of receiving ships of up to 30,000 DWT for Dung Quat port. To build online exchanges, auction centers and supermarkets and develop e-commerce.
To quickly, stably and sutainably develop cultural-historical tourism, eco-tourism, festival tourism and sightseeing tours so as to attain high economic benefits while investing in the protection and embellishment of the environment and landscape and promotion of cultural traditions and national identities.
To plan the development of 5 major tourism areas, including the central tourism area (Quang Ngai city and surrounding areas), the northeastern tourism area (Van Tuong city and surrounding areas), the southern tourism area (Sa Huynh beach and surrounding areas), southwestern tourism area (Ba To and surrounding areas) and the northwestern tourism area (Tra Bong and surrounding areas), with major tourism attractions being Thien Dang (Khe Hai), Van Tuong, Ba Lang An, My Khe, Sa Huynh and Nuoc Trong-Ca Dam. To develop intra-provincial tours while effectively exploiting inter-provincial tours in combination with eco-tourism resorts and craft villages in mountainous districts.
To invest in and upgrade Sa Ky port and improve transport means to Ly Son island.
To formulate and manage the implementation of a plan on intra-provincial transport and open inter-provincial passenger transport routes. For the immediate future, to encourage the provision of high-quality passenger transport services in a number of routes and, step by step, develop taxi and bus networks from Quang Ngai city to different districts,
- Financial, banking and insurance services:
To intensify the raising of local capital by banks and other credit institutions and increase investment capital for all economic sectors to assure sustainable, secure and effective credit growth.
To promote insurance operations (life and non-life) and other financial services (financial leasing, credit card and financial consultancy services) in association with the development of Dung Quat Economic Zone.
To quickly develop other services such as training, counseling and technology transfer services.
3. Agriculture, forestry and fisheries
To develop agriculture, forestry and fisheries along the line of industrialization, modernization and eco-sustainability so as to supply clean agricultural products competitive on domestic and export markets.
To strongly develop husbandry, aquaculture and husbandry technical services. To combine the development of agricultural production with the assurance of food quality, hygiene and safety. To strive for the target that the agricultural production value per hectare of cultivation land will reach VND 50 million by 2015, and 55 million by 2020. The average food production per person will reach 332 kg by 2015, and 307 kg by 2020. The total living cattle weight will reach 81,000 tons and 130,000 tons by 2015 and 2020, respectively.
To form specialized farming areas such as high-quality rice and clean vegetable growing areas with the application of modem production processes and techniques so as to increase the value of investment per hectare of cultivation land. To apply advanced post-harvest technologies in combination with purchasing goods for farmers. To create more non-agricultural jobs so as to reduce agricultural labor to 40% by 2020.
- To invest in forest development through accelerating afforestation and zoning of forests for regeneration and protection, especially headwater forests. To increase forest coverage to 47-48% by 2015, and over 50% by 2020.
- To invest in building an aquacultural infrastructure system, first of all, Sa Huynh and Sa Can fishing ports and Sa Ky fishing logistics service center; to dredge Cua Dai estuary (Nghia Phu) and prepare and build My A and Cua Dai-Co Luy fishing ports. To plan the building and expansion of Ly Son roadstead and fishing service center up to regional level after 2015.
4. Social affairs
- Population and human resource development
The population of Quang Ngai province will reach about 1.4 million by 2015, and above 1.5 million by 2020. It is estimated that by 2020, agricultural labor will account for only 40.4% of the total workforce. To strive for the target that by 2020, the rates of trained labor and skilled labor will reach 42% and 35-37%, respectively.
From 2015, all key leaders of communes of lowland districts will possess a collegial or university degree while those in communes of mountainous and island districts will acquire an intermediate or higher degree. Leading and managing officials, scientific-technical and cultural-art personnel, public servants and employees will satisfy prescribed criteria and be capable of accomplishing their assigned tasks.
To create 3 8.000-42,000 new jobs every year. To reduce the unemployment rate among people of working age to below 5% by 2010, and below 3.5% by 2020.
- Education and training
To maintain and improve the quality of primary education universalization among children of eligible age. To strive to attain the target that 50% of preschools, 70% of primary schools, 70% of lower secondary schools and 70% of upper secondary schools will, reach national standards.
To ensure that 90% of lower and upper secondary pupils will participate in vocational programs and activities. To resolutely eradicate illiteracy and carry out primary education universalization among laborers aged up to 35 and open distance training courses on a pilot basis according to regulations.
To complete the building of Vietnam-South Korea-Quang Ngai vocational college, Duc Pho vocational secondary school and Dung Quat high-tech job-training center which will be upgraded into a job-training school when conditions permit. To build regional-level vocational establishments and job-training centers in 6 mountainous districts.
To coordinate with the Ministry of Finance in establishing the Finance-Accounting University on the basis of the existing Finance-Accounting College. To increase investment in upgrading the physical foundations of Pham Van Dong University and Ho Chi Minn City Industrial University branch.
- Health and public healthcare services
To train and re-train health workers so as to improve their professional qualifications and ethics as well as the capacity of managing and using modern equipment and facilities.
To further develop intensive techniques in provincial-level hospitals. By 2115, an endocrine hospital and an ophthalmic hospital will be built while a provincial oncological hospital will be built after 2015. To expand and upgrade the Medical Secondary School into a medical college.
- Culture, physical training and sports
To strive for the target that by 2015, 90% of families, 80-85% of villages and street quarters and 95% of offices and schools will reach cultural standards; all district- and commune-level radio stations will be consolidated, updated and equipped with modern devices; all districts and cities will have cultural and sports centers, libraries, sports grounds, tradition houses and recreation centers and mobile information teams; all cultural houses in districts and cities will be repaired and upgraded to meet the requirements of cultural and information activities.
By 2020, 70% of villages and street quarters will have cultural houses; all townships, communes and wards will have cultured villages or street quarters; all families, 90-95% villages and street quarters and all offices and schools will reach cultural standards.
- Science and technology
To raise investment capital from all economic sectors for science and technology development for the target that by 2020, science and technology will actually become a productive force of the local economy. To build a number of research and application centers to serve socioeconomic development, first of all, a center for research into and application of agricultural, forestry and fishery techniques.
To promote information technology universalization, expand connection to the Internet and other local-area networks. To develop such technical services as measurement and technology appraisal and increase the state management of product registration and combat against fake goods. To increase intellectual property protection (protection of trademarks and industrial designs) for products manufactured in the province.
- On social policies and hunger eradication and poverty alleviation
To synchronously, comprehensively and effectively implement hunger eradication and poverty alleviation programs and projects; to increase resodrces through raising funds from all economic sectors and accelerate hunger eradication and poverty alleviation; to concentrate investment for 6 poor mountainous districts; to provide housing support for households of social policy beneficiaries and poor households: to boost production development and step by step improve the living standards of people in poor communes. To build and develop a social welfare network, further implement social policies and combat social evils.
- On radio and television broadcasting
To strive to expand the province's radio and television broadcasting coverage via satellite to every comer of the province, including the East Sea area, so that all households will have access to radio while 90% and 80% of households can watch terrestrial television and satellite television, respectively. To synchronously develop and modernize the province's radio and television station.
5. Infrastructure development
Roads: To invest in the upgrading of the province's main longitudinal routes (7 roads) and latitudinal routes (3 roads) up to at least g Trade-III standards or grade-IV standards, for mountainous areas. AII urban roads will be covered with asphalt or cement concrete; district roads will reach grade-IV or -V standards while commune roads will reach grade-V standards. Roads to village centers will reach grade-A or -B standards,
To upgrade provincial roads up to grade-IV standards. Particularly, provincial roads 623 and 625 (the section from km 4 to km 26 + 800) will be upgraded to grade-III standards during 2011-2020. To plan the upgrading of the provincial road running from Dung Quat through Tra Bong, Tra Thanh, Tra My and Tac Po to Ho Chi Minh Road into a national highway.
To make investment to attain the target that 90% of district roads, 70% of commune and inter-village roads will be covered with asphalt or cement concrete. To plan the upgrading of the road running from the district capital of Ba To through Ba Trang and Pho Ninh to national highway 1A into a provincial road after 2010.
To upgrade urban roads up to regional roads of grade-III urban centers after 2010 and of grade-IV urban centers by 2020.
To build one provincial coach station up to grade-I standards in Quang Ngai city, Son Tinh coach station (North Quang Ngai coach station) up to grade-HI standards, 12 coach, stations up to grade-IV standards in district capitals and bus stops in mountainous districts' inter-commune centers. To form a mass transit network.
- Waterways: To upgrade and renovate the waterway routes from Chau O-Sa Can to Ca Du hydropower plant (Tra Bong river) and from Cua Dai to Thach Nham irrigation dam "(Tra Khuc river). To exploit inland waterway routes along Kinh Giang, Ve and Tra Cau rivers and Sa Ky-Ly Son route as planned.
To build Dung Quat port into a regional special-use port and container depot as planned and, at the same time, study and plan the building of Dung Quat II deepwater port capable of receiving ships of up to 26,000 DWTand with a capacity of 30 million tons/year by 2020 and Sa Ky port (Tinh Ky commune) with a designed capacity of receiving ship of up to 2,000 DWT and with a capacity of 300.000-400,000 tons/year by 2020. To plan the building of small-sized wharves such as Co Luy (multi-purpose wharf), Ly Son (fishing port), Sa Huynh (fishing port), Ly Son military wharf (docking wharf), My A port (multi-purpose port) and invest in the phase-II building of technical infrastructure facilities of Ly Son storm shelter.
- Railway: To build a 1,435 mm-gauge railway route to Dung Quat port, taking Tri Binh station as a transitional station or connecting the North-South railway to the railway to Dung Quat port. To upgrade and expand Binh Son and Duc Pho stations with 4 platforms and Quang Ngai station into a regional station with 6 platforms.
- Airway: To upgrade Quang Ngai military airfield into a dual-purpose airfield which will also be used for taxi flights to serve socioeconomic development activities. To invest in the restoration of Ly Son airport to accommodate helicopters for socio-economic development as well as defense and security purposes.
b/ Power supply
To maintain electricity sources and ensure the quality of electricity networks to meet the province's power demand. To take the use of natural advantages to build some medium- and small-sized hydropower plants or make use of wind power and solar power to supply electricity for deep-lying and remote areas and island communes not covered by the national power grid. To study and install solar panels and build a 8-MW thermopower plant on Ly Son island;
c/ Information and communications
To develop 30 new post agents in new industrial parks and residential quarters; 4 post agents in Pho Phong industrial park and 5 service points in Tinh Phong and Quang Phu industrial parks. To build 129 new commune post-culture points in communes without these facilities. To expand the mobile phone coverage to every commune and make universal telephone and Internet services. The telephone density will be 114 phone sets/100 persons by 2015, and 130 phone sets/100 persons by 2020.
During 2011-2015, to build over 250 km of optical fiber cables and install 159 more base receiver stations; during 2016-2020, to complete the building of an underground cable network in replacement of overhead cables in residential area and clusters and industrial parks while all communes will have optical fiber cables. All communes, upper secondary schools and health establishments will have access to internet services, 25-30% of the population will use Internet and basic e-government services, G2B, G2C, G2G B2B and B2C services will be successfully provided.
d/ Water supply and drainage and wastewater treatment:
To renovate the water supply system and increase the capacity of Quang Ngai city's water plant to 45,000 M3/day and Dung Quat water plant to 100,000 M3/day and build a water plant of a capacity of 33,000 m3/day to serve the iron processing industry. To conduct additional surveys and plan the development of water supply systems in new urban centers and industrial parks.
To further build large reservoirs so as to complete Thach Nham irrigation and flood mitigation system and Nuoc Trong reservoir in support of Thach Nham system. To build Chop Vung irrigation reservoir and plan the building of sea dikes (Quang Ngai-Kien Giang sea dikes) along Dung Quat-Sa Huynh coastline which will also serve transport.
To review regional flood control plans, focusing on flood prevention, and allocate capital for the construction and upgrading of major upstream irrigation works. To elaborate plans on the use of water from major river systems and work out detailed plans on response to water-related disasters by building anti-disaster facilities in some key areas.
To invest in the construction and operation of wastewater treatment systems in industrial parks, industrial clusters, industrial production establishments, urban centers and populous areas. To ensure that by 2015 and 2020, 65% and 75% of industrial wastewater will be treated up to current prescribed standards.
IV. ORIENTATIONS FOR TERRITORY-BASED DEVELOPMENT
1. Development of urban networks
To expand Quang Ngai city toward Son Tinh district, covering 6 communes and Son Tinh township of Son Tinh district and 2 communes of Nghia Ha and Nghia Phui in Tu Nghia district. The city will border on the East Sea to the east and on Da Nang-Quang Ngai expressway to the west.
By 2015, Quang Ngai city will reach grade-II urban standards and by 2020, its infrastructure facilities will be completed while its urban landscape will be embellished into a modern coastal city in Central Vietnam.
To develop Van Tuong city into a coastal industrial-service-tourism urban center, the center of the expanded Dung Quat Economic Zone with beautiful landscape, modern architecture imbued with national traits and synchronous and modern infrastructure on par with other major urban centers in Central Vietnam. Duc Pho township will be developed into a town by 2015, serving as an economic, cultural and tourism hub of the province's southern area. Doc Soi township will become a grade-IV urban center by 2015, while Chau O township will reach some fundamental criteria of grade-lV urban centers by 2020.
To form and develop the new district townships of Son Tinh, Tra Cau. Thach Tru and Sa Huynh. By 2020. to establish Nam Song Ve and Pho Phong townships.
2. Development of motive territorial areas
- Dung Quat Economic Zone and Binh Son district
To plan the expansion of Dung Quat Economic Zone, increasing its land area from the current 10,300 hectares to 45,332 hectares so as to form an open industrial city and a national petrochemical and oil refinery center (with an output of 10 million tons/year) in close association with Dung Quat II deepwater port, Chu Lai international airport. Dung Quat Economic Zone will be an economic center of Quang Ngai province within the central key economic region and play an important defense role in Central Vietnam and the Central Highlands in the future.
- Quang Ngai city
Quang Ngai city, with modern commercial, tourism and financial infrastructure facilities, will become an important transport hub and economic center of Central Vietnam in trade, services and tourism, serving as a major logistics center for the formation and development of Dung Quat Economic Zone.
- Thach Tru-Sa Huynh route of Mo Duc and Duc Pho districts
To be developed with farm produce and food processing, aquaculture, construction materials, cottage industries, craft villages and tourism as key sectors, paying special attention to inter-provincial cultural and historical tourism in combination with tourism routes in Central Vietnam and the Central Highlands.
- Son Ha mountainous socio-economic center
To develop Son Ha urban center up to grade-IV standards by 2020 to become a core economic territory of 6 mountainous districts on the basis of bringing into full play the advantages of mountainous econo-technical corridors in the province's western area. To step by step form a system of medium- and fairly large-sized processing establishments, cottage industries and traditional trades so as to create jobs and increase incomes for mountainous people up to the average level of mountainous central provinces.
3. Socio-economic development of sub-areas
- To effectively achieve objectives identified in Project 30a on sustainable hunger eradication and poverty alleviation in 6 mountainous districts, step by step improving the economic conditions of the whole western area of the province. To reduce the rate of poor household to below 10% by 2015, and below 8% by 2020. To reduce the rate of agricultural labor to below 60% by 2015, and about 50% by 2020. The percentage of trained labor will surpass 40% by 2015, and 50% by 2020. Ail communes and a majority of villages and hamlets will be accessible all year round and have electricity for daily-life activities, education, healthcare and cultural services.
To universalize lower secondary education by 2015; to reduce the child malnutrition rate to below 16% by 2015 and 13% by 2020. The area's forest coverage rate will reach 58% by 2015 (the whole province's figure will be 47-48%) and over 63% by 2020 (the whole province's figure will be 50%).
- To strive for the target that by 2020, contributions from the marine economy and coastal districts will account for over 80% of the province's GDP and 85- 90% of export turnover. The average per-capita income of coastal and island districts will be twofold the province's figure.
- To develop Dung Quat Economic Zone into an open industrial city with special administrative and economic institutions so as to attract foreign investors with large-sized projects and modern technologies and, at the same time, apply international administrative institutions to lay a foundation for the formation of a central coastal corridor from Chan May to Da Nang and Dung Quat.
- By 2015, Sa Huynh tourism-economic-cultural center will be developed into a provincial and national cultural research and archeological center, a trade-service-tourism center with an international film studio and a cluster of industries and cottage industries with such sectors as shipbuilding and seafood processing.
- To develop Dung Quat-Sa Huynh coastal economic corridor which is adjacent to Chu Lai Economic Zone in Quang Nam province. The 110 km-long corridor will, from the starting point at Dung Quat Economic Zone, run southward along the coastline to Binh Dinh province at Tam Quan, thus linking the regional and national marine economies.
- To develop Thien Dang, Van Tuong, Ba Lang An, My Khe, Sa Huynh and Ly Son marine eco-tourism resorts and coastal tourist sites such as Son My relic, Co Luy-Co Thon site and Ong
- To build Tra Bong river, Sa Huynh and Tinh Ky fishing ports and fishing service centers. To elaborate a plan on the building of Tu Nghia fishing wharf and fishing service center. To build Ly Son roadstead and fishing service center.
- To plan the development of Ly Son island into a green, clean and beautiful tourist island with fishing activities. To build on the island complete infrastructure facilities together with a natural disaster warning and rescue station, a roadstead and a military airfield to serve defense and security tasks.
V. PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS PRIORIZED FOR INVESTMENT
(See attached appendix)
VI. MAJOR SOLUTIONS FOR IMPLEMENTING THE MASTER PLAN
1. Raising of investment capital
The total investment capital demands of the 2010-2015 and 2016-2020 periods will be about VND 158 trillion and VND 279 trillion, respectively.
To raise investment capital for the implementation of the master plan, the province should closely coordinate with ministries and central branches right at the stage of planning so as to ensure that the province's key works and projects, especially those related to transport, irrigation, defense and security, will be fully included in development plans associated with capital plans for relevant programs and projects.
To diversify forms of investment; to further step up administrative procedure reforms for an open investment environment; to adopt attractive mechanisms and policies and boost investment promotion and create favorable conditions to attract foreign direct investment projects and all economic sectors to invest in production and business development and, at the same time, encourage operational projects to expand their production scale.
To implement measures to encourage investment in export production; to raise capital from the land fund and effectively utilized raised capital for the building of socio-economic infrastructure works. To strive for the target that credit capital, joint-venture capital and association capital raised from other localities and the population will meet 31% and 35.2% of the total capital demands of the 2011-2015 and 2016-2020, respectively. Foreign direct investment capital is projected to account for 15% and 42% of total investment capital during 2011-2015 and 2016-2020, respectively, with a total investment of over VND 113 trillion, equivalent to USD 7.2 billion.
Apart from state budget capital, to encourage enterprises to make investment in BT, BOT, BTO and other forms so as to lure investment capital for infrastructure development and, at same time, integrate target programs and national programs carried out in each area, prioritizing capital of these programs for difficulty-stricken areas, ethnic minority areas and former revolution bases.
To work out solutions for effectively using long-term investment capital while reserving credit capital from the national investment support fund for some priority production and business establishments, especially profitable enterprises in priority sectors.
2. Human resource training and development solutions
To continue implementing proper incentive policies for qualified cadres working in the province and its mountainous and island districts. To support the training of human resources for small- and medium-sized enterprises through funding entrepreneur training and short-term job training and paying recruitment costs.
To raise more funds from all economic sectors for healthcare, education and training, job-training, cultural and sports activities. To improve physical foundations for the health sector, improve medical ethics and expand the coverage of voluntary health insurance. To form, develop and expand social insurance and then implement unemployment insurance.
3. Infrastructure development solutions
To make intensive investment in important infrastructure facilities of Dung Quat Economic Zone, industrial parks, Van Tuong, Quang Ngai, Duc Pho and coastal urban centers.
To attach importance to building transport and irrigation works important to production, tourism infrastructure, Dung Quat Economic Zone infrastructure and infrastructure facilities in industrial parks and populous residential areas with a combination of state budget capital, credit capital, advance capital of investors and joint-venture and contributed capital of commercial infrastructure operators. To make specific plans on investment in environmental infrastructure facilities in association with the Government's project on building Quang Ngai-Kien Giang sea dike.
4. Mechanisms and policies
To improve the production and business environment, develop new markets, especially import and export markets, boost operations of the economic zone and timely disseminate economic information, especially those on mechanisms and policies. To increase market inspection and control and combat smuggling, fake goods production and trading and trade frauds in the locality.
To increase and diversify investment promotion activities, propose mechanisms and policies for the development of motive economic areas, services, tourism, finance and human resource training.
To implement detailed land use plans on the basis of rationally utilizing land funds for economic, social and defense and security purposes while assuring sustainable eco-environ-ment, social safety and security and defense.
5. Science-technology and environment solutions
To elaborate and implement a program on supporting enterprises in modernization and technology renewal. To diversify partners and forms of scientific and technological cooperation between the province and science and technology agencies.
To assign forests and forest land under plans for sedentarization purposes and integrate these plans with programs on hunger eradication and poverty alleviation and development of forestry farms and farm economy. To pay attention to environmental protection requirements in master plans and large-sized investment projects, supervise the process of wastewater, garbage, dust and noise treatment in industrial parks, hospitals and urban centers.
6. Coordination with provinces in the central key economic region and the Central Highlands
To coordinate with other provinces in infrastructure development such as in the building of Da Nang-Quang Ngai and Quang Ngai-Nha Trang expressways and the Dong Truong Son Road's section running through the province; to coordinate with Central Highlands provinces in upgrading national highway 24 and with Quang Nam province in upgrading Dung Quat-Tra Bong-Tra My road. To coordinate with other provinces in using economic and social infrastructure facilities of the economic zones in the central key economic region such as seaports, airports and electricity supply systems.
To cooperate in developing tourism routes, building product introduction centers, carrying out trade promotion activities, in training and technology research and transfer and in healthcare and medical examination and treatment. To coordinate with other provinces in improving the capacity of exploiting the system of irrigation works in the locality.
7. Solutions for defense and security assurance
- To build a number of defense works, including provincial- and district-level military headquarters and the systems of roads to these military headquarters which will also facilitate economic development in adjacent areas.
- To build defense works in Ly Son district under the East Sea-island program. These works include a military airfield and port, storehouses, roads and protection embankments and other important works.
- To build coastal defense works (roads and technical logistic bases) and provincial- and district-level combat facilities for defense and security purposes in association with economic development in surrounding areas.
8. Organizing and directing the administration and management of socio-economic development
To publicize and disseminate the master plan after it is approved; to review and elaborate branch and sectoral plans and detailed plans. To concretize the master plan into five-year and annual socio-economic development plans. To supervise and inspect the implementation of development investment under planning.
To further promote administrative reforms so as to develop a neatly structured and non-corrupt administrative staff capable of serving people.
To enhance association among branches, localities and investors in achieving socioeconomic development targets, ensuring proper and effective state intervention in development activities.
VII. ORGANIZATION AND SUPERVISION OF THE IMPLEMENTATATION OF THE MASTER PLAN
1. Publicization and dissemination of the master plan
- To publicize and disseminate the master plan on socio-economic development of Quang Ngai province through 2020 to Party committees and administrations of all levels, branches, associations, enterprises and people in the province.
- To widely introduce the province's potential, advantages and prioritized programs and projects to investors.
2. Elaboration of action programs
- After the master plan is approved by the Prime Minister, the province shall elaborate an action program for the implementation of the master plan,
- To concretize objectives identified in the master plan into five-year and annual plans for effective implementation of the master plan.
- Authorities, branches, socio-economic organizations and people shall inspect and supervise the implementation of the Master Plan.
Article 2. To assign the People's Committee of Quang Ngai province to base itself on socioeconomic development objectives, tasks and orientations set in the master plan, assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with concerned ministries and branches in, directing the elaboration, submission for approval and implementation of the following documents:
1. Master plans on socio-economic development of districts and concerned units; a plan on development of a system of urban centers and residential areas, a construction plan; a land use plan; a plan on development of sectors to ensure comprehensive and coordinated development;
2. Long-term, medium-term and short-term plans; key socio-economic development programs; specific projects for concentrated and prioritized investment in a rational manner;
3. To study, elaborate and promulgate according to its competence or submit to competent state agencies for promulgation mechanisms and policies in conformity with the province's development requirements and laws in each period so as to attract and raise funds for the implementation of the master plan.
4. Propose the Prime Minister to consider and decide on modifications to the master plan in conformity with the socio-economic development situation of the province and the country in each planning period.
Article 3. To assign concerned ministries and central agencies within the scope of their functions, tasks and powers:
1. To assist the People's Committee of Quang Ngai province in studying and making specific plans; study the elaboration and submission to competent authorities for promulgation of mechanisms and policies in conformity with the province's development requirements in each period so as to effectively utilize its resources; to encourage and attract investment in line with socio-economic development objectives and tasks set in the master plan.
2. To study, review and adjust branch development plans and plans on investment in works and projects stated in the approved master plan. To support Quang Ngai province in allocating and raising domestic and overseas capital for the implementation of the master plan.
Article 4. This Decision takes effect on the date of its signing.
Article 5. The chairperson of the People's Committee of Quang Ngai province, ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies and heads of government-attached agencies shall implement this Decision.
Nguyen Tan Dung
LIST OF QUANG NGAI PROVINCE'S PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS PRIORITIZED FOR INVESTMENT STUDY DURING 2010-2020
(Issued together with the Prime Minister's Decision No. 2052/QD-TTg of November 11, 2010)
PROJECTS INVESTED BY MINISTRIES OR CENTRAL BRANCHES IN QUANG NGAI PROVINCE
Da Nang-Quang Ngai expressway project
Project on upgrading national highway 24 (Quang Ngai- Kon Turn)
Project on the northern and southern banks of Tra Khuc river
Provincial sports and physical training complex project
Provincial administrative center project
Provincial youth and youngster center project
Industrial cluster infrastructure projects
Project on infrastructure of markets in 14 districts and cities
Project on continued education centers and job-training centers of districts and cities
PROJECTS CALLING FOR INVESTMENT FROM ALL ECONOMIC SECTORS
Industrial park infrastructure
Pho Phong industrial park infrastructure project
Project on building infrastructure works, residential areas and real estate business in Van Tuong city, Dung Quat Economic Zone
Project on expanding Dung Quat oil refinery up to 10 million tons/year
Project on building a synthetic rubber plant of 40,000 tons/year
Project on building a carbon black plant of 350,000 tons/year
Project on building an industrial detergent (LAB) plant of 80,000 tons/year
Project on building a polyester fiber plant of 45,000 tons/year
Project on building a styrene monomer plant of 210,000 tons/year
Project on building a grease plant of 50,000 tons/year
Project on building a plant for manufacturing 30-50 horsepower (with 2,3 or 4 cylinders) dies el engines
Project on building a plant for manufacturing cranes for extra-long and extra-heavy cargoes
Project on building a organic fiber-reinforced roofing tile plant of 10 million m2/year
Project on building electronic, information and bio-agricultural plants
Services and tourism
Duc Pho trade center project
Van Tuong trade center project
Quang Ngai exhibition and fair center project
Ca Dam-Nuoc Trong reservoir eco-tourism resort project
Nghia Thuan eco-tourism and mud bathing center project
Ly Son island tourism project
Transport and logistic services for imports and exports
Vina-Universal-Dang Thuy Tram tourism resort and film studio project
* Notes: The locations, land areas and total investment levels of the above projects shall be calculated, selected and specified during the elaboration and approval of investment projects, depending on capital needs and capital raising capacity in each period.