1. You should take the train instead of the bus.
2. I’m sure that someone forgot to lock the door.
3. They bought this house ten years ago.
--> They have
4. The course finished with a big party.
--> At the end
5. We invited a pop star onto the chat show, but he didn’t turn up.
--> The pop star
6. Although she said that she would come, I don’t think she ever will.
7. The plane had hardly left the airport when the accident happened.
--> No sooner
8. You feel tired now because you didn’t sleep very well last night.
9. When did you start the project?
--> How long
10. Their wedding will be held in a lovely church.
--> The church
11. My father used to play football when he was young.
--> My father doesn’t
12. Jane gave me a present on my last birthday.
--> I was
13. “Let’s go swimming”
--> She suggests
14. “Would you like a cup of coffee?”
15. We got lost in the jungle because we didn’t have a map.
16. I last saw Bob when I was in Ho Chi Minh City.
--> I haven’t seen
17. It is a three-hour drive from Hanoi to Namdinh.
--> It takes
18. It’s a pity you didn’t tell us about this.
--> I wish
19. They think the owner of the house is abroad.
--> The owner
20. The children couldn’t go swimming because the sea was very rough.
--> The sea was too
21. When did you first know him?
22. Their trip lasted three day.
--> They had
23. It may rain hard this afternoon, so take the rain coat with you.
--> In case
24. She had to do the washing up but she didn’t.
--> She forgot
25. English is easy to learn.
26. Don’t leave the lights on all night, you will waste electricity.
27. The furniture was too old to keep.
--> It was
28. Gary is the best guitarist in her class.
--> No one else
29. Since the invention of computer, people have saved a lot of time.
--> Since the computer was
30. It’s necessary for everybody to clean up their neighborhood once a week.
31. The doctor told him that he work too hard.
32. Those pictures are beautiful.
33. It was an interesting film.
34. What is the weight of your suitcase?
35. How tall is Peter’s father?
36. He can’t afford to buy the car.
--> The car
37. Shirley didn’t begin to read until she was eight.
--> It wasn’t
38. Mrs. Taylor regretted buying the second –hand washing-machine.
--> Mrs. Taylor wished
39. Jane is the tallest girl in her class .
40. Their teacher is making them study hard .
41. As I get older, I want to travel less.
--> The older
42. I have never been to Liverpool in my life .
43. This mobile phone is not as cheap as I thought it would be
--> This mobile phone is
44. My brother likes to go swimming better than to play computer games
--> My brother would
45. She speaks English very well
--> She is
46. The food in France is famous
--> France is
47. John could not find the way to the hotel
--> John was not
48. My motorbike is going to be checked next Sunday
49. I intend to come over to pick you up
50. Nam has difficulty in studying English
--> It is
51. The boy threw the ball through the window
--> The ball
52. The stamps are so beautiful that all of us want to buy them
--> They are such
53. I don’t clean up the apartment today. I’m busy.
--> I’m too
54. Although he is intelligent, he doesn’t do well at school.
--> In spite of
55. The window was broken by a cricket ball
56. I will never forget the day I heard I’d got into my chosen university
57. Glynn became a social worker to help people less fortune than himself
58. The driver didn’t see the motorcyclist
59. Christopher Columbus discovered America
60. Seeing Patricia cry like that made me feel guity
61. What we had to do first was decide where to meet
62. There are lots of facilities where we go camping
63. I had to clear the spare room before I could start decorating
64. The phone rang again as soon as I put it down
65. The Watsons moved to London and very soon after they decided to get divorced
67. I was told about the website by Charlie
68. Buying a plane ticket at the last minute isn’t often possible
69. They didn’t ask me anything about my plans for the summer
70. There is no situation in which we will allow the management to lower wages
71. Mr. Holton only operated because he knew the rumour was malignant
Mr. Holton wouldn't
72. Immediately after their arrival, things went wrong.
72. He was so tired that he fell asleep before the end of the film
He was too
74. Hearing that an earthquake had occurred was a great shock to us.
75. The decorators have finished our first floor.
76. Her hobby is one thing that she does not intend to give up.
77. That is the best meal I have ever eaten.
I have never
78. Home computers used to be much more expensive.
Home computers aren’t
79. It was a mistake of mine to park outside the police station.
80. She knows a lot more about it than I do.
I don't know
81. Let's go abroad for our holiday this year.
82. During dinner, the phone rang.
83. Your hair needs cutting.
It's time you
84. If you run a lot, you'll become healthy.
85. They regret ever doing business with him.
86. We didn’t finish the work because of his carelessness.
87. If you followed my advice, you’d be successful.
88. He left without saying a single word, which is very impolite.
It was impolite
89. Working for this travel agency will not be possible without a good command of English.
90. I simply fail to understand some of my friends’ attitudes to work.
91. He didn't study his lessons very carefully, so he gets bad marks now.
92. Although Judy was severely disabled, she took part in many sports
93. The film was so interesting that I couldn’t go to bed.
It was such
94. “Why didn’t you go to the club last night?” the girl said to Jim.
The girl asked
95. The keepers feed the lions at 3 pm every day.
96. I would prefer you to deliver the sofa on Friday.
I would rather
97. The bridge was so low that the bus couldn't go under it.
98. That was a silly thing to say.
99. We've run out of tea.
100. I last saw him when I was a student.
101. Susan was too excited to sleep.
102. Robert has not had a job for two years.
Robert has been
103. She will complete the work only she is paid extra.
She will not
104. I am sorry I don’t have time to come and help you with your homework.
105. Let’s visit the museum this afternoon..
106. The school keeper cleans the classrooms every day.
107. “Why don’t we go out for a while?”
108. He forgot his umbrella, so he got wet.
109. At the weekend I get up later than during the week.
110. Yesterday morning my friend Marco arrived before I finished breakfast.
Yesterday morning I was
111. Marco told me not to forget my tennis racket.
Marco said: “
112. That girl's mother used to work with mine.
That's the girl
113. They think the thief got in through the bathroom window.
114. I haven’t got any siblings to play with
115. My brother used to smoke.
My brother has
116. Without your help, I shouldn’t have been able to find my way.
117. Her step-mother made her do chores all day.
118. Did anybody see him come down the lane ?
119. I haven't enjoyed myself so much for years.
120. Turn off all the switches before leaving the workshop.
All the switches
121. Although the traffic was heavy, I arrived on time.
122. The last time Henry smoked a cigarette was in 2005.
123. Jack is stopped by the police because he passes the speed limit.
124. Bill and Peter are too young to ride motor-cycles.
125. The flood was so high that they had to live on the roofs.
126. This winter is colder than the last winter.
The last winter
127. People all over the country have helped the poor people in the flood region.
The poor people
128. It’s cold in the morning, so the children go to school in heavy clothes.
129. David has read a lot of books, however, he cannot find a good solution.
130. I have never read such a romantic story.
131. He has never behaved so violently before.
He is behaving
132. I've warned you not to go near that dog.
I've warned you about
133. She can meet him if he arrives before eleven.
134. Although he had a good salary, he was unhappy in his job.
135. I'm sorry that I didn't finish my homework last night.
136. Reading scientific books is one of my interests.
137. I’ve never seen a girl as beautiful as that girl.
138. I don’t have any hats as cheap as this hat.
This hat is
139. They are growing many trees in the school garden.
140. I and Hoa are the same weight.
141. She isn’t as intelligent as he.
142. I am not to be disturbed under any circumstances.
143. I’d rather you didn’t go.
144. She never seems to succeed, even though she works hard.
145. A new flu vaccine has been on trial since the beginning of the year.
146. I took little notice of the girl standing at the gate.
I didn’t pay
147. It was easy for us to find the house.
148. You can leave only when I tell you.
149. The rain in Ha Noi last October was the biggest one since 1984.
150. An aerial is not required with this radio
151. When he stops smoking, he’ll feel better.
152. These young men became doctors after six years training.
After these young men
153. People believe that the Chinese invented paper in 105 A.D.
154. A man I don’t know told me about that.
155. It takes six hours to drive from here to London.
156. It was the goalkeeper that saved the match for us.
157. I don’t really like her, even though I admire her achievements.
158. The Pacific Ocean is on average deeper than the Atlantic.
159. Under no circumstances should you phone the police.
160. We couldn’t find George anywhere.
161. Although Nam was the stronger of the two, his attacker soon overpowered him.
162. The council rarely allows appeals against its decisions.
163. If you want my advice, I would forget about buying a new house.
164. I applied for the job but was turned down.
166. Although he seems friendly, he’s not to be trusted.
167. “Whatever you do, don’t give up hope” they said.
168. My boss works better when he’s pressed for time.
169. It is expected that the company can get more profit this year.
170. I was astonished by her confidence.
171. Someone told me my flight was cancelled when I got to the airport.
172. Someone has stolen the boss’s car.
The boss has
173. The last time we were here was in 1980.
174. Mrs. Wilson says she is sorry she didn’t attend the meeting yesterday.
Mrs. Wilson sends her apologies
175. It’s almost nine months since I stopped subscribing to that magazine.
176. The north west of Britain has more rain each year than the southeast.
The annual rainfall
177. When I arrived in Canberra, I wrote a letter home.
178. I’d like to visit Singapore more than any other countries in the world.
179. She listens more sympathetically than anyone else I know.
She is the person
180. I have never seen such a mess in my life!
181. The hurricane blew the roof off the house.
182. I didn’t see her again for five years.
183. People no longer smoke so many cigarettes as they used to.
184. If you find it necessary, you can contact me on this number.
185. Mary is so young that she can’t join our club.
186. The owners of the restaurants are usually very rich.
187. It was easy for us to get tickets for the concert.
188. He drove so badly that he kept having accidents.
189. You didn’t come home early so the house was broken into and things were stolen.
190. It’s a pity I can’t go to the game next Saturday.
191. I only found out the truth because I heard the two of them talking.
192. “Why didn’t you mention the problem before?” I asked them.
I asked them
193. You are unfit because you don’t do enough exercise.
194. I bought myself some good new clothes. I need them for my new job.
195. This food is so good that I’m going to have some more.
196. It is necessary that I post this letter tonight.
197. We arrived too late to see the first film
198. I was drowning, but he saved me
199. His parents made him study for his exams
200. We couldn’t get the nearer because of the police
201. You must see the manager tomorrow evening
202. There was never any answer when he rang
203. Speaking English fluently is not easy
204. You remembered to post this letter, didn’t you?
205. Nobody can deny that she has a beautiful voice
206. The news was so wonderful that she decided to have a celebration
207. I have never been to the ballet before
208. I’m always nervous when I face a lot of people
209. The owners of newspapers are usually very rich
210. John smoked cigarettes when he was a young man
211. It was such good weather that we went swimming
212. Hand your books to me when have finished, please
He asked students
213. You do not have to pay for secondary education in Britain
214. He had a weak heart which meant he couldn’t walk very far
His heart was
215. When I was younger, I used to go climbing more than I do now
Now I don’t
216. England no longer had dreadful fogs
217. By the time we arrive, the other guests will have already started dinner
The other guests will start
218. I would like the school holidays to be longer
219. He is to blame for his mistake. This is very necessary
220. He must pass his intermediate level English examination. That was obligatory
221. The mother came and lived with them to take care of their children. That was their request
222. Isabel: “You can’t borrow my pen, Robert?”
223. You lied to him, which was wrong
224. Is it essential to meet your aunt at the station?
Does your aunt has
225. Even though I admire his courage, I think he is foolish
226. It would have been a superb weekend if it hadn’t been for the weather
227. There’s a spare bed in David’s room
228. I can’t get my feet into these shoes
229. I am very pleased that we shall meet again soon
230. They thought that he was waiting for a message
231. He found out the key which he lost a long time ago
232. Nothing could be done to help him
233. Someone stole my purse from my handbag
234. She asked Jone to repeat what he had said
235. It is a pity you didn’t tell us about this
236. We couldn’t go out because the weather was so bad
237. The mountain is very high; we can’t climb it
This mountain is too
238. Are you very tall? Can you reach that picture?
Are you tall
239. A donkey is less beautiful than a horse
A donkey is not
240. She doesn’t usually stay up late
She’s not used
241. If I were you, I’d look for another job
242. He lost his money simply because he wasn’t careful
243. All his suits were made in Paris
244. I saw him come out of the house
245. I haven’t much money, I can’t buy any new clothes
246. She was believed to have taken part in revolutionary activities
247. In a few countries, the whole of the population only enjoy a reasonable standard of living
248. Mr. Jones would rather watch TV than go to the cinema
Mr. Jones prefers
249. Frank is very good at tennis
250. I’m sorry, I couldn’t help him
251. This is too hard a question or her to answer
252. I am sorry that I didn’t study French last year
253. The children will go swimming if it is sunny
254. There’s no need for you to talk so loudly
255. Tim will be eighteen next week
256. Her grief was so great that she almost fainted
257. You can leave only when I tell you
258. She prefers Italian food to French food
259. Sarah is better at chemistry than Susan
260. When is John and Mary’s wedding?
261. Most people can understand him when he speaks English
He can make
262. Tom is sorry that he didn’t watch the football match last night
263. The test we did yesterday was so difficult that we couldn’t finish it in two hours
Yesterday we did such
264. She is listening to the radio. She turned it on at seven thirty
265. You must pay taxes or go to prison
266. The poor farmer was tired but he kept working
In spite of
267. This is the sad news that you have brought
268. No, please don’t tell him
269. Why don’t you ask her yourself?
270. Peter said he wasn’t feeling well
271. Collecting dolls from foreign countries is one of Jane’s interests
272. George is not nearly as energetic as he used to be
273. Jim didn’t lend me any money so I was unable to buy the car
274. She can’t ask intelligent questions. She can’t profit from listening to her colleagues
275. He spoke English very carefully. He spoke very clearly
He not only
276. Gravity makes ball thrown into the air fall back down
If there weren’t gravity,
277. Because Faraday’s father was very poor, he couldn’t send Faraday to school
Faraday’s father was too
278. It is such a boring book that nobody likes it
The book is so
279. They were so strong that they could lift the rock
280. The weather forecast was inaccurate, so we didn’t take the right precaution
281. The temperature didn’t fall below zero last night, so the crops weren’t damaged
282. Though I am poor, I’ll not serve a villain
283. Although I pay him much, this man’s never satisfied
284. These mangoes are so cheap that they can not be good
285. You must speak slowly or he’ll not be able to understand you
286 John always spoke to his lawyer before signing the contract
287. My suit needs cleaning before I go to the party
288. Did they build the garage at the same as the house?
289. The people who were at the meeting will say nothing to the press
290. The heavy rain made it impossible for us to have our picnic
291. He is such a slow speaker that his students get very bored
292. Mackenzie wrote four best-sellers before he was twenty
By the age of twenty,
293. He stole some money and was arrested for it
294. She met Mike when she went to Spain for her holiday last year
295. Someone should do the job tomorrow
296. I’ve never met a more dependable person than Roger
297. Somebody opened the door just after she rang the bell
She had hardly
298. People say that he has been all over the world
299. I have to write letters, but I hate it
300. As the war ended, soldiers returned home
301. It is said that he died by his own hand
302. Do as I tell that or you’ll regret about it
303. We must do our work well or the master will get angry with us
304. “Don’t forget to phone the office” she told him
305. I’m afraid I haven’t got time to listen to you
306. The police has just released John
307. I couldn’t hear them because they were speaking too softly
They were speaking
308. The news of her son’s death was a great shock to her
The news that
309. He had written the problem on the blackboard. He solved it
310. He studied English. He also studied French
311. We live far from our home. We miss it very much
312. You may be strong, but you can’t lift this heavy box
313. Jane weighs as much as her sister
314. They were building a new shopping center when we came
A new shopping center
315. Are they going to demolish these old houses?
Are these old houses
316. It was such bad coffee that he couldn’t drink it
317. Weather conditions influence most crops
Most crops are
318. You must not smoke here
319. We had to spend three hours to open the door
320. It was not until mid-night that I finished the homework
321. Is this the only way to reach the city centre?
322. He remembered, and so did she
323. When are the council going to do something about the city’s traffic problem?
It’s high time something
324. May I borrow your pen?
Would you mind
325. “I’d take a taxi if I were you?” said Peter
326. It is said that he escaped to a neutral country
327. Mrs. Dean was one of the customers of Mr. Brown’s bank. Her house was for sale
328. Mr. Smith’s company is busier in December than in any other month
329. Mary didn’t work hard enough. She failed in her exams
330. The train was delayed for twenty minutes before of the bad weather
331. John only understood very little of what the teacher said
John could hardly
332. I was sorry I didn’t know how to do it
333. He didn’t need to be reminded about it
334. These shoes will have to be repaired
They will have
335. The children are taken home by bus. Their parents work late
336. There was never any answer when we rang
337. “Why don’t you put a better lock on the door, Barry?” said John
338. He left college after he had taken his degree
339. No other town in India is as large as Calcutta
340. Who taught you grammar last year?
341. It’s time to prepare lunch
342. Peter is a careless driver. If he doesn’t take more care, he’ll have an accident
343. After fighting the fire for 12 hours, the firemen succeeded in putting it out
344. They made him wait for two hours
345. The police made the boat turn back
346. If I had known all the facts, I would not have rung the police
347. We will notify the police about this matter
348. Galileo is considered to be the father of modern astronomy
Galileo is regarded
349. He was a fool to say that
350. It wasn’t necessary for you to go to so much trouble on my behalf
351. I lent my car to that man
352. I’m going to the theatre tomorrow, and I’m really looking forward to it
353. I wasn’t there at that time
354. The policeman accused him for stealing that bicycle
355. He will feel better if he takes that medicine
356. If you want to keep fit, you must play sports
357. Mr. Hill teaches his students to understand different English accents
Mr. Hill’s students
358. It was such a boring film that we left before the end
359. I had met Brian before but had never really talked to him
360. I am sure it wasn’t Hilary’s fault
361. Unfortunately, Mr. Baker didn’t tell me until it was so late
362. Has anyone told you about it yet?
363. His mother wouldn’t allow him to go out
364. He’ll never forget waiting for his friend to go to school
365. “Let’s go for a walk in the park”, said Andrews
Andrews suggested that
366. He wished he hadn’t spent so much money
He was sorry
367. John Speke failed to find the source of the River Nile
John Speke did not succeed
368. Although he did not speak Dutch, Bob decided to settle in Amsterdam
369. Sally’s parents gave her a micro-computer for her birthday
370. Barbara plays squash better than Mike
371. The train journey from London to Bristol takes two hours
It is a
372. The lecturer didn’t prepare his speech carefully, so he did it very badly
373. The gardener didn’t water those plants yesterday, so they died
374. Although the weather was bad, the schoolchildren managed to come to class on time
375. We couldn’t drive because of the fog
The fog prevented
376. There is no better teacher in this school than Miss Jones
377. If you don’t want Sally to be angry with you, I suggest you apologize
378. Henry found a wallet with no name in it
379. Ronald denied stealing Mrs. Clark’s handbag
Ronald said that
380. Susan likes staying in hotels but she prefers camping
381. But for his help, I would have gone bankrupt
382. Tim found that his friends had arrived when he reached the station
383. I expect that he will get there by lunchtime
I expect him
384. Police were informed of the identity of the murdered man
385. The president is the statesman I admire most of all
386. “You stole my best cassette, Amada?” said William
387. Without the sun, there would be no kinds of energy
388. As she was tired out after her long walk, she went to bed early
389. In spite of the bad weather, the pilot will bring the plane down safely
390. Fossil fuel will be more expensive if scientists don’t get energy from the wind and the sun
391. He didn’t study hard; he failed in his examination
392. “I don’t love you any more” said Eric to his girlfriend
393. “I must see the manager!” he cried
394. Arther said he was sorry he had hurt her feelings
395. He is said to have been in the French Foreign Legion
396. I’m sure it wasn’t Mrs. Elton you saw because she’s in Bristol
397. “You are cheating” said Carol to June
398. She bought that house in 1973
399. Our house is going to be painted by a local firm
400. They believed that the wanted man was living in London
401. We can’t see most of the stars. We don’t use a giant telescope
402. His briefcase was too full for the zip fastener to close properly
403. He got down to writing the letter as soon as he returned from his walk
404. If you missed the programme, you couldn’t really understand their intention
405. I haven’t been able to see them for over a year
406. Someone has suggested abolishing income tax
407. He failed to win the race
408. He borrowed the money from the bank
409. Their teacher is making them prepare carefully for exam
410. He was late because his car broke down
411. I won’t swim in the sea because it’s too cold
The sea is not
412. Robert says he will never visit Manchester again
Robert says this
413. I never intended to go to the wedding
I never had
414. Someone must meet him at the railway station
415. How about something to eat before the show?
416. You may get hungry on the train, so take some sandwiches
417. “If you don’t take it easy, you’ll have another heart attack”, the doctor said to the patient
The doctor warned the patient
418. I know this reporter’s background well and he’s 100% honest
419. I’ve never tasted pheasant before
420. If there’s an emergency, ring this number
421. I’m having a lot of trouble now because I lost my passport last week
422. “You should have waited for us” the team leader said to John
The team leader criticized
423. I only made that terrible mistake because I wasn’t thinking
424. When the police caught him, he was climbing over the garden wall
425. Though the doctor has warned him, he keeps on smoking
426. The last time it rained was a fortnight ago
427. Because of the rough sea, the ferry couldn’t sail
428. He is thought to be the best player
429.They travelled across India, and then flew on to Korea
430. The police started looking for him for two months ago
For two months now the
431. This holiday is so expensive, I don’t think I can go
It is such
432. A house in that district will cost you at least £1,000
You won’t be able to
433. My parents let me go abroad alone for the first time last year
434. Having nowhere else to go, I tried to sleep in the station waiting room
435. I only bought the dog because my children wanted a pet
436. I can’t go to the cinema tonight because I do not have my car
437. In spite of all our warnings, he left camp without taking his rifle
438. It’s a pity that you wrote that letter
439. We must continue our efforts, whether there are problems or not
440. It’s extremely difficult for us to make ends meet these days
441. The last time I was in London was in 1972
442. I didn’t know she was sick, so I didn’t visited her
443. There is always trouble when he comes to visit us
444. He never suspected that the money had been stolen
At no time
445. I have never seen such a mess in my life!
446. Their dog was so fierce that nobody would visit them
447. I only recognized him when he came into the light
448. One runner was too exhausted to complete the last lap of the race
One runner was so
449. My mother was the most warm-hearted person I’ve ever known
450. They never made us do anything we didn’t want to do
451. John and Mary moved to Edinburgh twenty years ago
452. She never seems to succeed, even though she works hard
453. The critics were impressed by her performance
Her performance made
454. This is the best essay I have ever written
455. Although she was busy, she managed to find the time to proofread for me
456. I would prefer you to do computer science
457. He didn’t get his visa until last Monday
458. Vietnamese coffee is regarded as one of the best in the world
459. If you ask me well in advance, I’ll be willing to work over time
460. “What time does the manager come back?” the customer asked
The customer wanted
461. As a student, he had known great poverty
462. If it doesn’t rain soon, millions pounds’ worth of crops will be lost
463. I didn’t realize who was until later
464. If you want my advice, you would forget about buying a new house
465. The switch was too high for him to reach
466. I get to work in twenty minutes
467. It is necessary that this work be finished by Monday
468. The bread is so stale we can’t eat it
The bread isn’t
469. Paul said he was going to visit Spain the following year
470. The cheetah is the fastest animals in the world
471. “If the flood gets worse, we must leave the house” he said
He said that
472. Somebody repaired her refrigerator last month
473. I only realized what I had missed when they told me about it later
474. When the Minister was asked about the strike, he declined to comment
475. There was no need for you to have gone to all that trouble
476. The only thing they didn’t steal was the television
477. They had been lost in the mountains for three days, but they looked strong and healthy
478. I’ll find the man, no matter how long it takes
479. The last time it snowed here was six years ago
480. The film star wore dark glasses so that no one would recognize him
481. “That’s a lovely new dress, Jean” said her mother
Jean’s mother complimented Jean
482. We couldn’t relax until all the guests had gone home
483. That factory is producing more and more pollution
484. He couldn’t escape from prison because it was very secure
485. Without his help, we would all have died
486. He forgot about the gun until he got home
487. If the work is finished by lunchtime, you can go home
Get the work
488. I don’t intend to apologise to either of them
489. Although he was not guilty, they executed him
490. You will never meet anyone more generous than Mrs. Jones
Mrs. Jones is
491. Although Judy was severely disabled, she participated in many sports
492. Whenever she went to Paris, she bought a new dress
493. Nobody is more anxious to help you than your mother
494. The noise next door did not stop until after midnight
It was not
495. The car was so rusty that it couldn’t be repaired
The car was too
496. We couldn’t answer those two difficult questions
497. They say Rembdrandt painted this picture
498. Unless we leave now, we will miss our ride home
We won’t miss
499. It’s thought that the accident was caused by human error
The accident is
500. Although the play received good notices, not many people went to see it
501. Jenny does not play tennis as well as she used to
502. The door was so heavy that the child couldn’t push it open
The door was too
503. She just had time to put up her umbrella before the rain came down in torrents
504. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t open the door
505. “Why didn’t you report the incident to the police last week? The office asked the frightened witness
506. He hasn’t been back to his home town for over 20 years now
507. Travelling by plane is much more expensive than travelling by train
508. If you want to save your eyesight, we must operate immediately
509. I had just arrived home when she came
510. Though she is intelligent, she is not the one we are looking for
511. We could not contact him because he gave us the wrong number
512. They didn’t follow the map, so they got lost
513. We left early, so that we wouldn’t disturb the children
514. I can’t stand such a kind of behavior, and Jim can’t either
515. It is absolutely necessary for me to update my knowledge
I find it
516. If I earn more, my wife will spend more
517. Diana was killed in a traffic accident in Paris in 1997
It was in 1997 that
518. We have recorded great achievements in socio-economic development over the last decade of renovation
519. It was reported that the inflation rate in Vietnam reached 3.8% in 1997
The inflation rate
520. I don’t think I should apply for this job
521. I had just completed my report when he came for it
522. I had only just put the phone down when the boss rang back
523. What particularly impressed me was her excellent command of English
524. I didn’t know you were coming, so I didn’t wait for you
525. When I picked up my pen, I found that the nib had broken
526. If I had helped, I should not have been able to find the way
527. I do physical training because I want to keep fit
I do physical training in
528. I will marry her and I don’t care how old she is
529. The people who are in group one will have to move to room 106 on the ground floor
530. I did not meet him because I missed the bus
531. She is older, she becomes more beautiful
532. It took Jane three hours to sort out her stamps
533. They said that he had left Paris secretly in his private car
534. He expects to hear from her as soon as possible
535. Means of transport are cheap, they become popular
536. The thief forced the bank manager to lie on the ground
537. She couldn’t read the books because of not having enough time
538. You speak English much, your English will be good
539. Henry left before we reached the hotel
540. He plays the guitar for a small group so that he can earn some extra money
541. He had a light breakfast and then went to work
542. Nobody can do this test because of its difficulty
543. He drinks much water, he becomes thirty
544. She can’t work hard because of her age
545. He spent two hours writing the essay
Part II: Build a complete sentence with the given words :
1. She / hate / leave / alone / office / him
2. It / difficult / get / touch / manager / because he / busy all day
3. I / angry / myself / making such / stupid mistake
4. It / unlikely / radio will / replace / entirely / television
5. At / end / course I passed all / exams / good marks
6. I prefer / countryside / noise / traffic / city
7. The factory / close / because / workers / go / strike last week
8. My brother / always / interested / watch football / television
9. His sister / learn / English / five years
10. It / surprising / he / pass / examination
11. The director / ill / so the workers / go on strike last week
12. If he / not get / passing grade, his mother won’t let him go / movies
13. Mary / ashamed / Bobby / because he / not eat anything
14. Although I / be only twenty years old, I have a lot / experience / caring for children
15. No sooner / the term / finish / he started work
16. If you / go out so much / you / get better grades
17. There / be / interesting review / the firm / the newspaper yesterday morning
18. He / be / such / good player / we all admire him
19. It / be / careless / you / leave the windows open last night
20. John and Linda / marry / for four years
21. Although he / not / speak Dutch / Tom / decide / settle / Amsterdam
22. I / had/ An / clean/ bedroom / before / let / her / go out / play
23. It / be / wonderful / hear / magnificent performance
24. boys / clever / see / solution / problem / so quickly
25. I / just / finish / read / long novel / write / Arthur Hailey
26. I / regret / inform / you / your application / refused
27. She/ not stand/ kept/ wait/ such/ long time
28. America/ said/ discovered/ 1498/ Columbus
29. I/ have/ air-conditioner/ fix/ tomorrow
30. She/ decide/ go back/ shop/ buy/ long dress
31. I/ pleased/ hear/ you/ offer/ job/ assistant manager
32. It/ worth/ try/ make/ change/ her mind
33. There/ no point/ persuade/ her/ go/ us
34. By/ work/ day and night/ they/ succeed/ finish/ project / time
35. We/ regret/ tell/ you/ your request/ tax refund/ reject
36. He/ better/ not go/ school/ because/ feel unwell
37. I/ see/ that film/ three times/ I/ go/ see/ again/ next week
38. Thank/ invitation/ silver anniversary/ beginning/ September
39. When I/ arrive/ lecture/ already start/ professor/ write/ overhead projector
40. I/ strongly / advise/ you/ take part/ volunteer works
41. Since/ beginning/ course/ I/ never/ be late/ class
42. young people/ fed/ queue/ unemployment benefit
43. I/ advise/ him/ ask/ bus conductor/ tell/ him/ where/ get off.
44. He/ rather/ spend/ holidays/ a farm/ seaside.
45. We/ survive/ unless/ start/ work/ cleaner/ safer/ sources/ energy.
46. Heavy rain/ cause/ widespread flooding/ this/ region/ lately.
47. If/ you/ not help/ I not meet/ her/ last week. .
49. Valentine's Day/ day/ people/ give/cards/ flowers/ small gifts/ person/ they/ love
50. Children/ look/ Easter Sunday/ because/ they/ give/ chocolate Easter eggs
51. Some people/ believe/ happiest people/ world/ those/ bring/ happiness/ others
52. He/ help/ his friend/ get good mark/ explain/ lessons/ carefully
53. According/ Cook/ whose/ book/ published/ Thursday/ most/ disasters/ avoidable
54. He/ not allow/ us/ go out/ boat/ yesterday/ as/ strong wind/ blow
55. I/ regret/ inform/ you/ not approved/ the loan
56. according/ the report/ governments/ now/take/ steps/ control/ amounts/ fossil fuels/ use
57. I/ want/ become/ astronaut/ so that / I/ able/ travel/ fast/ sound
58. I / read / advertisement / your company / today's newspaper
59. we / dependent / nature / cannot survive ourselves / without wildlife
60. environmental education / help / spread / environmental awareness / share practical techniques / solve the environmental problems
61. Just imagine / what human life / be like / 20 years.
62. I hope / we / able / solve the problems / over population and pollution.
63. Cancers and AIDS / untreatable / now / be cured successfully.
64. All schools / on earth / equipped / computers and the Internet.
65. My wife / anxious / find / good school / children / attend
66. I / look forward / start work / you
67. Remember / lock / door / before / go out
68. He / always / spend / more than / he earn / so / he / often / debt
69. What sort / house / you live / when you / a child ?
70. Einstein / can not speak / until / he eight
71. He / like / sit / next / window / whenever / he plane
72. That book / very thick / belong / my young sister
73. We / stop / play tennis / because it / start / rain
74. It / begin / rain / when / manager / get / office this morning
75. When / boy / twelve, / father / die / dangerous / disease
76. I / tell / her / meeting / if / I / see / her / tomorrow
77. It / important / your brother / stop /smoke / once
78. After dinner, he / set / without / say / where / he / going
79. We / invite / party / occasion / her birthday
80. She / keep / me / wait / rain / ten minutes / last night
81. My sister / willing / help / our mother / housework / when / she / have / holiday
82. You / remember / the words / if / write down / your notebook
83. It / be / careless / you / break / that coffee cup
84. The Roman alphabet / take / thousands of years / develop
85. It / not / difficult / learn / English / if / you / study / structure / vocabulary / every day
86. I / meet / one / old friends / while / I / do shopping / the supermarket / two days ago
87. He / try / stop / smoke / many times / but / he / never / succeed
88. Developing countries / need / do / research / find / solutions / agriculture / problems
89. New York / most exciting / city / I / ever / visit
90. If / he / come / station / earlier / not miss / train