250 QUESTIONS - THE ENGLISH OLYMPIC FOR YOUTH OFFICIALS 2014
President Ho Chi Minh said “Hung Kings founded our country, we have to protect it together” on the occasion of?
a. Visiting Tan Trao
b. Visiting Hung Temple
c. Talking to children
d. Talking to workers
Which was the enemy defeated by Le Hoan in the river Bach Dang in 981?
Southern Sino-enemy (Nam Hán)
b. Northern Sino-enemy (Bắc Hán)
c. Tang enemy (Đường)
d. Song enemy (Tống)
The battle “Ha Noi - Dien Bien in the air” defeated the air attack of the American imperialists in:
Which was the first province attacked by French Colonial in Vietnam in 1858?
a. Ha Noi
b. Nghe An
c. Da Nang
d. Quang Tri
At the end of August, where did President Ho Chi Minh write the Delaration of Independence?
a. At No.48, Hang Ngang str., Hanoi
b. At No.48, Hang Dao str., Hanoi
c. At No.48, Hang Bun str., Hanoi
d. At No.48, Hang Be str., Hanoi
When was “Dai Viet” officially used as our country’s name?
a. In 1054
b. In 1055
c. In 1056
d. In 1053
When was Hoa Lu, Ninh Binh chosen to be the capital of our country?
a. Le Hoan dynasty
b. Ly Thai To dynasty
c. Le Thai To dynasty
d. Dinh Bo Linh dynasty
Who was the leader of Yen The revolution in 1884 against French Colonial?
a. Hoang Hoa Tham
b. Phan Boi Chau
c. Hoang Dieu
d. Phan Dinh Phung
Which is the province where President Ho Chi Minh was born in?
a. Ha Tinh
b. Nghe An
c. Quang Binh
d. Quang Ngai
What subject did General Vo Nguyen Giap use to teach at schools?
When was the name “Viet Nam“ officially used?[url="http://uhm.vn"]Uhm.vNCâu 2Tên nước Việt NamTên
a. In 1804
b. In 1380
c. In 1056
d. In 1930
Who was the person that initiated the movement of youths’ studying abroad?
a. Phan Chu Trinh (Duy Tan movement)
b. Nguyen Thai Hoc (Vietnamese Nationalist Party)
c. Luong Van Can (Dong kinh Nghia thuc movement)
d. Phan Boi Chau (Dong Du movement)
Who made the immortal statement “Aim straight at the enemy and shoot them down”?
a. Nguyen Van Troi at the execution ground
b. Nguyen Viet Xuan in the battlefield
c. Pham Tuan in the air battle against America’s B52
d. Sister Ut Tich in a battle
When did President Ho Chi Minh come back to Vietnam after 30 years tramping abroad to search for the way to save the country?
a. In 1940
b. In 1941
c. In 1942
d. In 1943
When did the French Colonialist invade Vietnam?
a. In 1868
b. In 1858
d. In 1869
Who is the author of “Hich tuong si”?
a. Nguyen Trai
b. Ngo Quyen
c. Tran Hung Dao
d. Dinh Bo Linh
When was the poem “Nam quoc son ha” delivered by Ly Thuong Kiet?
a. At the end of the 1st revolution against Tong enemy
b. On surrounding Tong enemy in Ung Chau town
c. In the battle against Tong enemy at Nhu Nguyet river
d. After defeating Chiem Thanh enemy
When was the 1000th anniversary of Thang Long – Hanoi?
a. 10th October 2008
b. 10th October 2009
c. 10th October 2010
d. 1st October 2010
When was the “Capital- moving Decree” (known as Chieu Doi Do) delivered by Ly Cong Uan?
a. In 1010
b. In 1011
c. In 1100
d. In 1101
Who wrote the national anthem of Vietnam?
a. Van Cao
b. Van Ky
c. Hoang Hoa
d. Luu Huu Phuoc
What was the first name of Vietnam?
a. Văn Lang
b. Đại Ngu
c. Đại Việt
d. Âu Lạc
Who was the last King of Vietnam’s Feudal Dynasty?
a. Duy Tan
b. Khai Dinh
c. Bao Dai
d. Nguyen Anh
Who was the 1st General of Vietnam People’s Army?
a. Nguyen Chi Thanh
b. Van Tien Dung
c. Hoang Van Thai
d. Vo Nguyen Giap
What is the name of French General arrested by Vietnam People’s Army in Dien Bien Phu campaign in July 5th, 1954?
a. Henri Navarre
b. Christian De Castries
c. Rene Cogny
d. Georges Catroux
27. Who is the author of the historical book “Dai Viet su ky”?
a. Le Van Huu
b. Le Van Lan
c. Le Thanh Tong
d. Nguyen Binh Khiem
28. Who is the 1st Vietnamese citizen fly into space?
a. Pham Tuyen
b. Pham Tuan
c. Nguyen Tuan
d. Pham Hung
29. What was the name of the 1st Queen in Vietnam history?
a. Ly Chieu Hoang
b. Trung Trac
c. Trung Nhi
d. Nguyen Thi Dinh
30. When is the International Workers' Day, also known as Labor?
1st of May
30th of April
1st of June
2nd of May
B. GEOGRAPHICAL QUESTIONS
31. What is the shape of Vietnam’s territory?
a. Letter “S”
b. Letter “I”
c. Letter “L”
d. Letter “O”
32. Where is the highest mountain Phanxipang located?
a. Dien Bien province
b. Lao Cai province
c.Son La province
d.Lai Chau province
33. Where is the Dong Ho painting village?
a. Quang Ninh province
b. Ha Tinh province
c. Bac Ninh province
d. Ha Noi city
34. Where is the Spratly island district?
a. Khanh Hoa province
b. Dong Nai province
c. Phu Yen province
d. Ba ria Vung Tau province
35. Where is Vietnam located?
a. Indochina peninsula
b. Paracel Islands
c. Spratly Islands
d. Pacific peninsula
36. Which is the longest river in the Indochina peninsula?
a. Red river
b. Mekong river
c. Ganges river
d. Dong Nai river
37. What is the highest mountain in Vietnam?
b. Hoang Lien Son
d. Truong Son
38. Which countries does Vietnam share borders with?
a. Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
b. Laos, Cambodia, China
c. Laos, Thailand, Phillipines
d. China, Cambodia, Phillipines
39. What is the largest province/city in Vietnam?
a. Thanh Hoa
b. Dong Thap
c. Nghe An
d. Cao Bang
40. What is the length of Vietnam from the North to the South?
a. 1750 km
b. 2350 km
c. 3600 km
d. 1650 km
41. Which is Vietnam’s largest neighbouring country?
42. What is the length of Vietnam’s coastal line?
a. 3260 km
b. 3250 km
c. 3260 km
d. 3280 km
43. What is the largest island in Vietnam?
a. Phu Quoc
b. Con Dao
c. Li Son
d. Cat Hai
44. What is the time zone of Vietnam based on the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)?
d. GMT +9
45. Which river has the most alluvium in Vietnam?
a. Dong Nai river
b. Hong river
c. Cuu Long river
d. Thai Binh river
46. Where is Mu Cang Chai district in Vietnam?
a. Thai Nguyen province
b. Cao Bang province
c. Lao Cai province
d. Yen Bai province
47. Where is Dung Quat economic zone in Vietnam?
a. Quang Binh province
b. Quang Tri province
c. Khanh Hoa province
d. Quang Ngai province
48. Where is Cuc Phuong national park in Vietnam?
a. Hoa Binh province
b. Ninh Binh province
c. Thanh Hoa province
d. Lai Chau province
49. What is the largest natural lake in Vietnam?
a. Ba Be lake
b. West lake
c. Nui Coc lake
d. Ke Go lake
50. Where is Ba Be lake located in?
a. Cao Bang province
b. Bac Can province
c. Ha Giang province
d. Tuyen Quang province
51. Which region has four seasons in Vietnam?
a. Northern Vietnam
b. Central Vietnam
c. Southern Vietnam
d. All are correct
52. According to the General Statistic Office, which is the most densly population province/city in Vietnam in 2012?
a. Ho Chi Minh city
b. Ha Noi city
c. Nghe An province
d. Thanh Hoa province
53. According to the General Statistic Office, which is the smallest province/city in Vietnam in 2012?
a. Bắc Ninh province
b. Da Nang city
c. Ba Ria Vung Tau province
d. Ben Tre province
54. Where is Hanoi capital located in Vietnam?
a. Hong river delta
b. Cửu Long delta
c. Cái river delta
d. Thái Bình river delta
55. Which is the longest beach in Vietnam?
a. Nha Trang beach – Khanh Hoa province
b. Tra Co beach – Quang Ninh province
c. Nui Ne beach – Phan Thiet province
d. My Khe beach – Da Nang city
C. CULTURAL – SOCIAL QUESTIONS
56. Which is NOT the symbol of Hanoi captital ?
a. Dong Xuan market
b. Hoan Kiem lake
c. Ben Thanh market
d. Hanoi flag tower
57. What is the real name of “Trang Trinh”?
a. Nguyen Binh Khiem
b. Chu Van An
c. Nguyen Sieu
d. Nguyen Hien
58. What culturally sympolizes the Red river civilization?
a. Gongs (Cồng Chiêng)
b. Ngoc Lu bronze drum
c. Dong Son bronze drum
d. House on stilts
59. When was the Hoi An old quarter recognised as the world heritage by the UNESCO?
a. In 1999
b. In 2000
c. In 2001
d. In 2002
60. Who was the Vietnamese person honored as Great man of culture in 1980 by the UNESCO?
a. Ho Chi Minh
b. Nguyen Du
c. Nguyen Trai
61. When was the cultural space of the Gongs (Cong Chieng) recognized as the Master piece of the oral and Intangible Cultural Heritage by the UNESCO?
a. November 2004
b. November 2005
d. November 2003
62. Which Intangible Cultural Heritage was recognized by UNESCO in 2003?
a. Ao dai
b. Nha Nhac of Hue court
c. Tay Nguyen’s gongs
d. Traditional drama “Cai luong” in Southern Vietnam
63. He is a famous songwriter who composed so famous romantic and sad love songs that he has made his own musical stream named after him. Who is he?
a. Pham Duy
b. Nguyen Ngoc Thien
c. Nhat Huy
d.Trinh Cong Son
64. Which is NOT the Intangible Cultural Heritage recognized by the UNESCO?
a. Ao dai
b. Tay Nguyen’s gongs
c. Nha Nhac of Hue court
d. Ca Tru
65. “Cheo” is the most typical traditional performance of Vietnam. Where has “Cheo” most developed?
a. The Southern of Vietnam
b. The central of Vietnam
c. The Southwestern of Vietnam
d. The Northern of Vietnam
66. The famous play “Quan Am Thi Kinh” attracts many people of different generations in Vietnam. What category does “Quan Am Thi Kinh” belong to?
c. Cai luong
d. Ca tru
67. Which revolutionary martyr that the diary “Forever Twenties” tells about?
a. Dang Thuy Tram
b. Nguyen Van Thac
c. Nguyen Van Minh
d. Dang Thuy Minh
68. Where did the fierce fight mentioned in the book “Dang Thuy Tram’s Diary“ take place?
a. Buon Me Thuoc
b. Duc Pho, Quang Ngai
c. Dong Xoai, Binh Phuoc
d. Bien Hoa, Dong Nai
69. What did the revolutionary martyr Dang Thuy Tram do when she took part in the war in Quang Ngai province?
70. Who is the writer considered as “The King of reportage“ in 1930s with his famous writing named “So do‘‘?
a. Vu Trong Phung
b. Nam Cao
c. Vu Dinh Chi
d. Vu Bang
71. What is People’s Artist Dang Thai Son famous for?
a. Playing Violon
b. Playing Guitar
c. Playing Piano
d. Playing Harmonica
72. When does the Huong Pagoda Festival taken place annually?
a. On March 10 in lunar calendar
b. On January 6 in lunar calendar
c. On December 23 in lunar calendar
d. On May 5 in lunar calendar
73. Where is the Huong Pagoda Festival?
a. In Ha Noi
b. In Ha Nam
c. In Nam Dinh
d. In Ninh Binh
74. Where is the Hung Temple?
a. In Phu Tho
b. In Tuyen Quang
c. In Ha Noi
d. In Yen Bai
75. Which spots in Vietnam were recognized as the World Natural Heritage by the UNESCO?
a. Ha Long bay and Phong Nha Ke Bang cave
b. Nha Trang beach and Ha Long bay
c. Phan Si Pan mountain range and Phong Nha Ke Bang cave
d. Red river and Hanoi’s Old Quarter
76. Who are the Vietnamese people awarded as Great Man of culture by the UNESCO?
a. Nguyen Du, Ly Thuong Kiet, Ho Chi Minh
b. Nguyen Trai, Tran Hung Dao, Ho Chi Minh
c. Nguyen Du, Nguyen Trai, Ho Chi Minh
d. Nguyen Hue, Tran Hung Đao, Ho Chi Minh
77. What is the famous product of Van Phuc village in Hanoi?
b. Moon cake
c. Traditional dress
d. Ceramic products
78. Who is the author of “Truyen Kieu”?
a. Nguyen Khuyen
b. Nguyen Du
c. Nguyen Trai
d. Nguyen An Ninh
79. According to Vietnam’s legend, who were the Father and Mother of Vietnam?
a. Lac Long Quan and Au Co
b. An Duong Vuong and My Chau
c. Lac Long Quan and My Chau
d. An Duong Vuong and Au Co
80. What was the 1st Vietnam’s revolutionary movie?
a. Chung mot dong song
b. Canh dong hoang
c. Biet dong Sai Gon
d. Con chim vanh khuyen
81. How many ethnic groups are there in Vietnam?
a. 56 ethnics
b. 54 ethnics
c. 55 ethnics
d. 52 ethnics
82. What is U19 Vietnam football’s rank at the ASEAN Footbal Championship – NutiFood Cup?
a. 1st rank
b. 2nd rank
c. 3rd rank
d. 4th rank
83. Where did the last World Cup (WC 2014) take place in?
b. Costa Rica
84. Where was SEA Games 2013 held in?
d. The Philippines
85. Who created Vietnamese handwriting based on Latina scripts?
a. Nguyen Dinh Chieu
b. Alexandre de Rhodes
c. Doctor Yersin
d. Nguyen Du
86. At what age can people get married, according to the current Vietnam’s marriage and family law?
a. From 20 for men and 18 for women
b. From 18 for both men and women
c. From 22 for men and 20 for women
d. From 16 for men and 18 for women
87. In a website address, what does “www” stand for?
a. World wide web
b. World web wide
c. Web world wide
d. World widle web
88. Who is the first Vietnamese mathematician to be awarded the world’s most precious mathematics prize - Fields Medal?
a. Professor Le Van Lan
b. Professor Van Nhu Cuong
c. Professor Ngo Bao Chau
d. Professor Nguyen Lan Dung
89. What was the main export product from Vietnam in 2013?
b. Phones, mobile phones and phones’ spare parts
d. Crude oil
90. What is the most common surname in Vietnam?
91. What is the most common means of transportation in urban area of Vietnam?
92. What is Vietnam’s first communication sattelite?
93. What is the famous cultural show initiated by Thanh Nien Newspaper?
a. Duyen dang Viet Nam
b. Paris by night
c. Viet Nam Idol
d. Vietnam got talent
94. Which city has the largest population in Vietnam?
a. Hanoi city
b. Ho Chi Minh city
c. Da Nang city
d. Hai Phong city
95. When did Vietnam join the World Trade Organization (WTO)?
a. In 2005
b. In 2006
c. In 2007
d. In 2008
96. How many subway systems are there in Vietnam so far?
97. What is the longest road-tunnel in Vietnam?
a. Hai Van tunnel
b. Deo Ngang tunnel
c. Thu Thiem tunnel
d. Kim Lien tunnel
98. What is the longest river bridge in Vietnam?
A. Chuong Duong bridge
b. Vinh Thinh bridge
c. Can Tho bridge
d. My Thuan bridge
99. When did Vietnam first host the Southeast Asian Games (Seagames) for the 1st time?
a. In 2001
b. In 2003
c. In 2005
d. In 2007
100. At what age are Vietnamese young people called for the army’s duty?
a. From 18 to 25
b. From 16 to 25
c. From 18 to 27
d. From 16 to 24
D. POLITICAL QUESTIONS
101. The Vietnam Communist Party determines to basically complete the industrialization and modernization
a. In 2020
b. In 2025
c. In 2030
d. In 2050
102. When was the Declaration of Conduct of the Parties in the East Sea issued?
a. In 2001
b. In 2002
c. In 2003
d. In 2004
103. People’s committee is
a. the State power
b. the executive committee of the same level people’s council
c. the Justice agency
d. All of the above
104. Who was the first Secretary General of Vietnam Communist Party?
a. Le Hong Phong
b. Le Duan
c. Ha Huy Tap
d. Tran Phu
105. Who was the first Prime Minister of Socialist Republic of Vietnam?
a. Pham Van Dong
b. Do Muoi
c. Huynh Tan Phat
d. Ho Chi Minh
106. How many National Congresses have been held in the history of the Vietnam Communist Party?
107. When and where was the 11th National Congress of the Vietnam Communist Party held?
a. January 12 to January 19, 2011 in Hanoi
b. January 12 to January 19, 2011 in Ho Chi Minh city
c. February 12 to February 19, 2011 in Hanoi
d. February 12 to February 19, 2011 in Ho Chi Minh city
108. Who is the current Secretary General of the Vietnam Communist Party?
a. Truong Tan Sang
b. Nguyen Phu Trong
c. Nguyen Tan Dung
d. Nguyen Sinh Hung
109. When was the Vietnam Communist Party founded?
a. February 3, 1930
b. February 3, 1931
c. February 3, 1932
d. February 3, 1933
110. The regulations of Vietnam Communist Party ‘s 11th Congress have
a. 5 chapters, 46 articles
b. 6 chapters, 47 articles
c. 7 chapters, 48 articles
d. 8 chapters, 49 articles
111. How many members are there in Vietnam Communist Party’s Politburo and Secretariat in the 11th National Congress?
a. 14 in the Politburo and 9 in the Secretariat
b. 15 in the Politburo and 10 in the Secretariat
c. 16 in the Politburo and 11 in the Secretariat
d. 17 in the Politburo and 12 in the Secretariat
112. What is the operating principle of the Vietnam Communist Party?
b. Democratic Centralism
113. How many levels of punishment for official members of the Vietnam Communist Party?
a. One: exclusion
b. It depends on specific situation
c. Three: warning, demotion, exclusion
d. Four: reprimand, warning, demotion, exclusion
114. Who can amend the regulations of the Vietnam Communist Party?
a. The Politburo
b. The Secretariat
c. The National Congress
d. Vietnamese citizens
115. What is the age limit of a Vietnam Communist Party member?
a. From 18 to 35
b. No age limit
c. From 18
d. From 18 to 70
E. Youth organizations questions:
116. The first National Congress took place from February 07 to February 14, 1950 under the name of?
a. Vietnam National Salvation Youth Union
b. Vietnam Democratic Youth Union
c. Vietnam Labour Youth Union
117. The first National Congress was held from February 07 to February 14, 1950 in
a. Thai Nguyen
b. Bac Can
c. Cao Bang
d. Lang Son
118. When was the 9th National Congress of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union held? How many big movements were made?
a. From 17 to 21 December, 2007 with 2 big movements
b. From 17 to 21 December, 2007 with 3 big movements
c. From 5 to 9 December, 2007 with 2 big movements
119. In what event was the name Ho Chi Minh Labour Youth Union changed to Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union?
a. The 4th National Congress of the Vietnam Communist Party (1976)
b. The 4th National Congress of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union (1980)
c. Both are wrong
120. What is the official song of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union ?
a. Thanh nien lam theo loi Bac
b. Tien len doan vien
c. Tuoi tre the he bac Ho
d. Len dang
121. Who composed “Doan ca”?
a. Van Cao
b. Luu Huu Phuoc
c. Hoang Ha
d. Hoang Hoa
122. What is the highest body of a youth branch?
a. The delegate congress at youth branch level
b. The youth union member’s congress
c. The youth branch´s central committee
d. The upper youth branch
123. How many levels are there in the system of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union?
a. 3 levels
b. 4 levels
c. 5 levels
d. 6 levels
124. According to the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union regulations of the 10th Congress, you can become a new member of the Youth Union if you are
a. a Vietnamese youth aged from 15 to 35
b. a Vietnamese youth aged from 16 to 30
c. a Vietnamese youth aged from 18 to 30
d. None is correct
125. What is the core political organization of the Vietnam Youth Federation?
a. Vietnam National Union of Students
b. Ho Chi Minh Young Pioneer Organization
c. Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union
126. What is the traditional day of the Vietnam Youth Federation?
a. 15 October, 1956
b. 25 October, 1950
c. 26 March, 1931
d. 15 May, 1955
127. How many levels are there in the organizational struture of the Vietnam Youth Federation?
a. 4 levels
b. 5 levels
c. 3 levels
d. 6 levels
128. The basic Vietnam Youth Federation organizations are established according to
a. residential areas
b. residential areas, jobs
c. interests and other demands, residential areas
d. interests and other demands, residential areas, jobs
129. What was the content of the movement “3 Readinesses” in the North in 1964?
a. Ready to join the army, ready to fight, and ready to go anywhere that the country needs
b. Ready to fight, ready to join the army, and ready to go anywhere that the country needs
c. Ready to volunteer, ready to sacrifice, and ready to go anywhere that the country needs
d. Ready to sacrifice, ready to volunteer, and ready to go anywhere that the country needs
130. “A Youth Union member at the age of over 30 can continue to work in the system of the Youth Union if he/she is voted to a high level office of the Youth Union or works as a profesional.” The statement is
131. Who passes the regulations of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union?
a. The Secretaries of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union
b. The Central Committee of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union
c. The National Congress
d. The Standing Committee of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union
132. When did the “Youth Month” first start?
a. In 2002
b. In 2003
c. In 2005
d. In 2004
133. When did the Youth Law come into effect?
a. 1 July, 2005
b. 2 July, 2005
c. 1 July, 2006
d. 2 July, 2006
134. The “Red Sunday” is
a. Youth day for country´s frontiers
b. Youth day for Blood Donation
c. Youth day for the Poor
d. Youth day for social welfare
135. When was 26 March chosen to be the establishment date of the Youth Union?
a. In the Second National Congress in 1956
b. In the Third National Congress in 1961
c. In the Fourth National Congress in 1980
d. In the Tenth National Congress in 2012
136. Who designed the badge of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union?
a. Painter Huynh Van Thuan
b. Painter Ton Duc Luong
c. Painter Buu Chi
d. Painter Truong Thin
137. Who is the first president of Vietnam Youth Federation?
a. Nguyễn Chí Thanh
b. Mai Chí Thọ
c. Phạm Ngọc Thạch
d. Nguyễn Lam
138. How many times has the name of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union been changed since its establishment?
a. 5 times
b. 6 times
c. 7 times
d. 8 times
139. What are the main characteristics of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union?
a. Political, Developmental, Social
b. Political, Advanced, Social
c. Political, Developmental, Advanced
d. Developmental, Advanced
140. What is the oficial song of the Ho Chi Minh Young Pioneers’ Organization?
a. Nhanh buoc nhanh nhi dong
b. Hanh khuc Doi Thieu nien Tien phong Ho Chi Minh
c. Cung nhau ta di len
d. Di ta di len
141. The 10th National Congress of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union set the target for career counseling for ?
a. 7 millions youths and students
b. 8 millions youths and students
c. 9 millions youths and students
d. 10 millions youths and students
142. The Politburo decided 2000 to be the year of “Vietnamese Youth”. Since then, a movement has reached a new improvement nationwide, made good impressions on the people and the youth of Vietnam. Which movement is this?
a. Pioneering Youths
b. Volunteering Youths
c. Self-constituted and nation-buiding youths
d. Youths for social lives
143. The Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union was merged into by
a. Indo - China Anti – Imperalism Youth and Indo – China Communist Youth Union
b. Ho Chi Minh Revolutionary People Youth Union and Ho Chi Minh Labour Youth Union
c. Vietnam National Salvation Youth Union and Ho Chi Minh Labour Youth Union
d. Ho Chi Minh Revolutionary People Youth Union and Ho Chi Minh Labour Youth Union
144. The regulations of Vietnam Youth Federation have
a. 7 chapters and 27 articles
b. 8 chapters and 27 articles
c. 7 chapters and 28 articles
d. 8 chapters and 28 articles
145. According to the Youth Volunteering Year 2014 Plan, which is the theme of the three last months of the year (October, November, December)?
a. Back to our roots
b. Youth volunteering for new rural development
c. Helping students go to schools
d. Youth volunteering for social welfare
146. Which are the characteristics of Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union
d. Political, Progressive, Popular
147. What is the basic role of Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union?
a. To educate the ideology of communism for youth
b. To be responsible for Young Pioneers and guide the Young Pioneers
c. To build the Communist Party
d. To educate the ideology of communism for youth, To be responsible for Young Pioneers and guide the Young Pioneers, To build the Communist Party
148. Which thesis did Nguyen Ai Quoc present in the 4th International Communist Youth Congress held in July, 1924.
a. Thesis on communist youth
b. Thesis on colonial youth
c. Thesis on youth saving the country
d. Thesis on revolutionary youth
149. The organization for young pioneers was renamed Ho Chi Minh Young Pioneer Organization in
150. How many congresses of Vietnam Youth Federation have been held up to now?
151. When was the Decree 01CT/TWĐTN of the Standing Committee of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union passed?
152. Who is the composer of “Student song” (Bai ca sinh vien)?
a. Van Cao
b. Hoang Hoa
c. Trinh Cong Son
d. Tran Hoang Tien
153. What is the program that the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) invites delegates from the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union to study short-term courses in Japan?
a. The Ship for the Southeast Asia and Japan Youth Program (SSEAYP)
b. The Training Program for Young Leaders
c. Japan-East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youths (JENESYS)
d. The training program for young entrepreurs
154. How many members currently are there in the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union’s Secretariat?
155. Which kind of organization is the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union?
a. Political organization
b. Social organization
c. Social – political organization
d. Special social organization
156. According to the Youth cadre’ Regulation, at what age youth cadre can be the Secretary of a Provincial Youth Union?
a. Not over 33 years old
b. Not over 35 years old
c. Not over 36 years old
d. Not over 37 years old
157. According to the Youth cadre’ Regulation, at what age youth cadre can be the Secretary of the Central Youth Union?
a. Not over 37 years old
b. Not over 40 years old
c. Not over 38 years old
d. Not over 39 years old
158.Who is the First Secretary of the Central Committee of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union?
a. Nguyễn Lam
b. Đặng Quốc Bảo
c. Vũ Quang
d. Vũ Mão
159. Who is the First Secretary of the Central Committee of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union at present?
a. Nguyễn Đắc Vinh
b. Võ Văn Thưởng
c. Nguyễn Mạnh Dũng
d. Nguyễn Quốc Phong
160. When did the Ho Chi Minh CommunistYouth Union establish?
a. 26 March, 1930
b. 26 March, 1931
c. 26 March, 1932
d. 26 March, 1933
161. Tien Phong Newspaper belongs to which organization?
a. Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union
b. Vietnam Women ‘s Union
c. Vietnam Youth Federation
d. Vietnam Fatherland Front
162. According to the X national Congress of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union ‘s Regulation, what is the age of the Youth member?
a. From 16 to 30 years old
b. From 18 to 30 years old
c. From 16 to 35 years old
d. From 18 to 35 years old
163. Which year is choosen as “Youth Volunteer Year” by the Secretariat of the Communist Party of Vietnam?
a. Year 2013
b. Year 2014
c. Year 2012
d. Year 2011
164. Who was the first member of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union?
a. Lê Hữu Trọng (Lý Tự Trọng)
b. Kim Đồng
c. Nông Văn Dền
d. Võ Thị Sáu
165. Who is the author of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union ‘s Badge?
a. Hoàng Hòa
b. Huỳnh Văn Thuận
c. Phạm Tuyên
d. Tôn Đức Lượng
F. ASEAN RELATED QUESTIONS:
166. What are the founding members of ASEAN?
a. Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand
b. Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand
c. Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Brunei
d. Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia
167. When and where was the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) established?
a. 08/08/1964 – in Manila
b. 08/08/1966 – in Kualalumpur
c. 08/08/1965 – in Jakarta
d. 08/08/1967 – in Bangkok
168. How many countries have become the official members of Association of Southeast Asian Nations up to 2014?
169. Which countries are the observers of Association of Southeast Asian Nations?
a. Brunei Darussalam and Papua New Guinea
b. Myanmar and Timor Leste
c. Timor Leste and Brunei Darussalam
d. Timor Leste and Papua New Guinea
170. Who is the Secretary General of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, term 2013 – 2017?
a. Mr.Surin Pitsuwan from Thailand
b. Mr.Rodolfo C.Severino Jr.
c. Mr.Le Luong Minh from Viet Nam
d. Mr.Ong Keng Yong from Singapore
171. When did Vietnam officially join Association of Southeast Asian Nations?
a. 28 July, 1985
b. 28 July, 1995
c. 28 July, 1997
d. 28 July, 2000
172. The year 2015 will be the milestone for the ASEAN with the establishment of
a. ASEAN Political – Security Community
b. ASEAN Economic Community
c. ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community
d. ASEAN Community
173. How many times did Vietnam chair the ASEAN?
a. 1 (year 2010)
b. 2 (year 2010 and 1998)
c. 3 (year 2010, 2006 and 1998)
d. 4 (year 2010, 2006, 2002 and 1998)
174. What is the highest body of ASEAN?
a. ASEAN Summit
b. ASEAN Secretariat
c. ASEAN Coordinating Council
d. ASEAN Communities Council
175. What is the highest legal document of ASEAN?
a. ASEAN Charter
b. Bangkok Declaration
c. Kuala Lumpur Declaration
d. Hanoi Declaration
176. When did the ASEAN Charter officially take effect?
a. 08 August 1967
b. 28 July 1995
c. 15 December 2008
d. 06 March 1990
177. What is the official song of ASEAN
a. ASEAN: a bright future
b. The anthem of ASEAN
c. ASEAN way
d. none of the above
178. The ASEAN summit was last held in Vietnam in
179. What are the 03 countries in ASEAN +3?
a. Russia, the United State of America and China
b. China, Australia and New Zealand
c. China, South Korea and Japan
d. Japan, Australia and New Zealand
180. Which is NOT in ASEAN +6?
b. New Zealand
c. South Korea
181. What is the largest country in ASEAN?
c. The Phillipines
d. Brunei Darussalam
182. What is the smallest country in ASEAN?
a. Laos PDR
183. What is ASEAN motto towards ASEAN Community?
a. One for all and all for one
b. One vision, one identity, one community
c. Peace and Security: For one community
d. None of the above
184. According to the International Monetary Fund 2012’s statistics, which country in ASEAN has the highest GDP Nominal per capita?
b. Brunei Darussalam
185. According to the International Monetary Fund 2012’s statistics, which country in ASEAN has the highest GDP Nominal?
G. QUESTIONS OF OTHER STUDIES:
186. What do English-speaking people often say when they are being photographed?
187. What is the currency of Greece before Euro?
188. “A good husband should be deaf and a good wife blind”. What is this saying called?
a. a speech
b. a proverb
c. a poem
d. a song
189. Which planet is named after the Roman god of war?
c. Morning star
190. Which vitamin is abundant in such citrus fruits as oranges, grape fruits, and lemons?
a. Vitamin C
b. Vitamin A
c. Vitamin D
d. Vitamin E
191. What gas do plants absorb most from the atmosphere?
a. Carbon Dioxide
192. Dead bodies can spread the Ebola virus.
193. If someone has Ebola and flies on a plane, this person can infect almost everyone on the plane.
194. What is the brightest star in the night sky?
b. Sirius (The Dog Star)
195. Which part of the eye is coloured and surrounds the pupil?
a. eye lids
196. By which organ is blood filtered?
197. How much of the water on earth is available to drink?
198. Drinking water sources can be contaminated by
a. Naturally- ocurring material
b. Runoff from farmfields, parking lots and streets.
c. Both a and b
d. Neither a nor b
199. China is known to be the world’s largest current producer of greenhouse gases, behind the United States. But which Asian country has the highest emissions per person?
200. Developing Asia accounts for nearly half of the population without access to electricity. Of the following countries, which has the largest number of people suffering from energy shortage?
201. Ebola can be spread by:
Contact with the blood of an infected person
202. HIV/AIDS is not transmitted when:
a. From mother to her child
b. Blood related activities
c. Sex activities
203. Where does the playwright and poet William Shakespeare come from?
a. The United State of America
b. The United Kingdom
204. One cubic meter of water is equivalent to:
a. 10 litre water
b. 100 litre water
c. 10.000 litre water
d. 1.000 litre water
205. Who is the current constitutional monarch of the United Kingdom?
a. King George I
b. King William I
c. Queen Elizabeth II
d. Queen Victoria
206. Which is the smallest ocean in the world?
a. Arctic Ocean
b. Atlantic Ocean
c. Indian Ocean
d. Pacific Ocean
207. What is the capital of Canada?
208. What is the capital of Australia?
209. What does NOT belongs to the United Kingdom?
b. Northern Ireland
c. Southern Ireland
210. Which country in the world is shaped like chilli?
H. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
211. The recent heavy rains have helped to ease the water ____ .
212. In a formal interview, it is essential to maintain good eye ___ with the interviewers.
213. As a(n) ____ girl, she found it difficult to socialise with other student in the class.
214. He is coming ___ a cold after a night out in the rain.
a. Down with
b. Up with
c. Away from
d. Across with
215. It is interesting to take ____ a new hobby such as collecting stampt or going fishing.
216. The bad weather caused serious damage to the crop. If only it____ warmer.
b. Have been
c. Has been
217. Before going to bed, he wanted some tea but there was ___ left.
d. A few
218. You should look up the meaning of new words in the dictionary ____ misuse them.
a. So that not to
b. So not to
c. So that not
d. So as not to
219. Television can make things memorable for the reason that it presents information ___ an effective way.
220. It was so kind of her to put me ___ while I was on a business trip in her town.
221. He didn’t know ____ or stay until the end of the festival
a. If to go
b. If the he should go
c. To go
d. Whether to go
222. ____ smoking is a causative factor of many diseases, there is no ban on tobacco advertising.
d. In spite of
223. Mary: “I will never go mountaineering again.”
Linda: “Me ___”
224. When Peter was a child, there ___ a cinema near his house.
a. Used to be
b. Used to have
c. Used to be being
d. Used to have been
225. Working as a volunteer gives her a chance to develop her interpersonal skills, promote friendship, and ____ her own talent.
d. To discover
226. Mary: “Thanks a lot for your help.”
a. My happiness
b. My excitement
c. My delight
d. My pleasure
227. My mother had to work 12 hours a day in a factory just to ____.
a. Make ends meet
b. Call it a day
c. Break the ice
d. Tighten the belt
228. The team were eager to make ____ the loss of the previous match.
a. Off with
b. Up with
c. Up for
d. Away with
229. After the car crash last night, all the injured ____ to the hospital in an ambulance.
a. Was rushing
b. Were rushed
c. Was rushed
d. Were rushing
230. It has been suggested that Mary ____ a computer course in preparation for a study.
b. Have been taken
c. Would have taken
d. Was taken
231. Tom: “When are we leaving for the concert?”
a. No problem
c. That’s right
d. Straight away
232. Scientists have ___ a lot of research into renewable energy sources.
233. New machinery has enhanced the company’s productivity and ____.
234. The restaurants on the island are expensive, so it’s worth ___ a packed lunch.
c. To take
235. The struggle for women’s rights began in the 18th century during a period ____ as the Age of Enlightenment.
b. Is knowning
c. That knew
236. There should be an international law against .
237. I’d rather you ____ home now.
238. Don’t worry, I have ___ tire at the back of my car.
d. The other
239. ____ he arrived at the bus stop when the bus came.
a. No longer has
b. No sooner had
c. Not until had
d. Hardly had
240. Susan’s doctor insists ____ for a few days.
a. That she is resting
b. Her resting
c. That she rest
d. Her to rest
241. We couldn’t fly ___ because all the tickets had been sold out.
242. Through an ____, your letter was left unanswered.
243. – “Mum, I’ve got 600 on TOEFL test.”
a. Good way!
b. You are right
c. Oh, hard luck!
d. Good job!
244. Jane ___ law for four years now at Harvard.
a. Is studying
b. Has been studying
245. He ___ to the doctor after the accident, but he continued to play instead.
a. Must have gone
b. Should have gone
c. Couldn’t go
d. Didn’t have to go
246. I won’t change my mind ____ what you say.
b. No matter
247. How many times have I told you ____ footbal in the street?”
a. Not playing
b. Do not play
c. Not to play
d. No to have played
248. “Please, will you just tidy your room, and stop ___ excuses!”
249. My mother told me to ___ for an electrician when her fan was out of order.
250. “This library card will give you free access ___ the internet eight hours a day.”
Chia sẻ với bạn bè của bạn: