SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, July 25, 2005
PROMULGATING THE LIST OF QUARANTINE ORGANISMS OF ANIMALS AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS AND THE LIST OF ANIMALS AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS SUBJECT TO QUARANTINE
THE MINISTER OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
Pursuant to Ordinance on veterinary medicine dated April 29, 2004;
Pursuant to Decree No. 33/2005/NĐ-CP dated March 15, 2005 of the Government on guidelines for Ordinance on veterinary medicine;
Pursuant to Decree No. 86/2003/NĐ-CP dated July 18, 2003 of the Government defining functions, tasks, entitlement and organizational structure of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development;
At the request of the Director of Department of veterinary medicine,
Article 1. Issuing together with this Decision “List of quarantine organisms of animals and animal products and List of animals and animal products subject to quarantine ”
Article 2. This Decision takes effect after 15 days from the date on which it is posted on the Gazette. Every regulation promulgated before the effective date of this Decision that is contrary to the Decision shall be annulled.
Article 3. Directors of Department of veterinary medicine, heads of relevant units, organizations or individuals shall implement this Decision.
PP. MINISTER DEPUTY MINISTER
Bui Ba Bong
QUARANTINE ORGANISMS OF ANIMALS AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS AND LIST OF ANIMALS AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS SUBJECT TO QUARANTINE
(Issued together with Decision No. 45/2005/QĐ-BNN dated July 25, 2005 of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural development)
LIST OF QUARANTINE ORGANISMS OF ANIMALS AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS
A. MICRO-ORGANISMS AND PARASITES CAUSING ANIMAL DISEASES
Quarantine organisms of animals include micro-organisms and parasites that cause animal diseases below:
1. Aerobic bacteria: Streptococcus spp, Staphylococcus areus, Escherichia Coli, Enterobacter, Klebsiella, Salmonella spp, Bacillus cereus, Campylobacter spp, Listeria monocytogenes, Yersinia spp, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Shigella spp, Vibrio, Hepatitis and other aerobic bacteria that cause pollution;
2. Anaerobic bacteria: Clostridium spp and other anaerobic bacteria;
3. Other microorganisms that causes diseases of humans and animals;
4. Molds and yeasts.
C. TOXIC SUBSTANCES
1. Endotoxins and exotoxins of bacteria;
2. Hormones: growth hormones, sex hormones and other hormones;
3. Antibiotics: Chloramphenicol, Nitrofuran, Tetracycline, Streptomycin and other antibiotics;
4. Mycotoxins: Aflatoxin and other mycotoxins;
5. Radioactive substances;
6. Heavy metal: Mercury (Hg), Lead (Pb), Cadmium (Cd), Arsenic (As), Zinc (Zn) and other heavy metals;
7. Plant protection chemicals: Carbaryl, Coumaphos, DDT, 2,4 D, Lindan, Trichlorphon, Dichlorvos, Diazinon, Fenchlorphos, Chlopyrifos and other plant protection chemicals;
8. Preservatives and coloring banned from using.
D. OTHER QUARANTINE ORGANISMS
Other quarantine organisms of animals and animal products at the request of importing countries or as prescribed in international treaties to which Vietnam is a signatory or a party or depending on animal diseases in Vietnam and in the world.
LIST OF ANIMALS AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS SUBJECT TO QUARANTINE
1. Livestock: Buffaloes, cows, donkeys, mules, sheep, pigs, rabbits, dogs, cats and other livestock;
2. Poultry: chickens, ducks, muscovy ducks, geese, turkeys, ostriches, pigeons, quails, ornamental birds and other birds;
3. Experimental animals: Guinea-pigs, white mice, rabbits and other experimental animals;