15. If people stop destroying animal’s natural habitat, more species will survive and produce . . . . .
a. offspring b. ecology c. landscape d. benefit
16. The factory was fined for . . . . . . chemicals into the river.
a. discharging b. dumpling c. producing d. exposing
17. Thanh Ba Post Office offers the . . . . . . Mail Service which is particularly fast.
a. Secure b. Efficient c. Express d. Reliable
18. We are proud of our . . . . . staff, who are always friendly and efficient.
a. well-done b. well- appointed c. well- behaved d. well- trained
19. . . . . . aren’t effective anymore because insects have become resistant to them.
a. Fertilizer b. Pesticides c. Herbicides composts
20. Oil, coal and natural gas are . . . . . fuels made from decayed material from animal or plant.
a. unleaded b. smokeless c. solid d. fossil
III. Reading:Đọc và trả lời câu hỏi
One of the most important ways to help threatened plants and animals survive is to protect their habitats in national parks, nature reserves or wilderness areas. There they can live without too much interference from humans. It is also important to protect habitats outside reserves such as on farms or along roadsides. Some areas have groups which look after local lands and nature reserves. They do this by removing weeds and planting local lands species in their places. If you want to help threatened species, you can join one of these groups, or even start a new one with your parents and friends. Ask your local parks authority or council for information.
21. One of the most important ways to help threatened plants and animals survive is ………. .
A. to provide them food and medical care
B. to protect their feeding ground in national parks, nature reserves or wilderness
22. Protecting habitats outside reserves is ………. .
A. a necessary thing B. an unnecessary thing
C. the most important thing D. more important than protecting the national parks
23. What do the groups do to look after local lands and nature reserves?
A. They protect habitats on farms and along roadsides.
B. They remove weeds and plant local lands species in their places.
C. They ask local authority or council for help.
D. They ask their parents and friends for help.
24. What does the word “one” on the 6th line mean?
A. national park B. habitat C. interference D. group
25. If you want to get more directions, you should ………. .
A. ask these groups B. ask your relatives and friends
C. ask police D. ask local parks authority or council
Solar energy, air and water are usually called . . . . . resources because there is an unlimited . . . . . of them. However, this definition may change if people are not careful with the . . . . . of these resources. The quality of solar energy that reaches the earth depends . . . . the atmosphere. If the atmosphere is polluted, the solar energy reaching the earth may be . . . . . . If life is about to continue, the air must contain the appropriate amount of N, O2, CO2, and other gases.
26. a. fossil b. renewable c. natural d. rarely
27. a. supply b. supplying c. supplied d. to supply
28 a. consumer b. consuming c. useful d. using
29 a. in b. on c. of d. to
30 a. safety b. dangerous c. available d. valuable
Choose the sentence that is closest in meaning to the printed one.