- develop reading skills for specific information
- get more knowledge about services of post office.
II. Method: integrated, mainly communicative
III. Teaching aids: Board , chart , books, pictures , handouts,
IV. Estimated time: 45 minutes
- ask ss some questions:
+ What is it?
+ Where can we buy it ?
+ How often do you go to the post office? What for?
+ How far is it from your house to the nearest post office?
+ How do you go to the post office?
+ What services do you think the post office offers?
Lead to the new lesson
* Vocabulary check: what and where
1. What is Thanh Ba Post Office equipped with?
2. What services are offered at Thanh Ba Post office?
→ repeating→ note-taking
- Give the answer
- ask ss to work in pairs
- ask ss to give their answers
- give feedback
-work in pairs
- present in front of the class
a. Thanh Ba Post office is equipped with advanced technology and has a spacious and pleasant front office.
b. Mail and Parcel Service, Express Money Transfer, Phone Calls and Faxes, Press Distribution
c. They are air mail, surface mail and the Express Mail Service ( EMS)
d. It's used for notifying the recipient of the time and place to receive the call.
e. You will have to subscribe to your favourite newspapers and magazines
a. The post office opens daily from 7 a.m to 9 p.m.
b. We offer a very competitive rate for parcels under 15 kg.
c. We also have the Express Mail Service and your EMS mail will be delivered in the shortest possible time.
d. We offer a speedy and secure service of transferring money in less than 24 hours.
1. spacious >< cramped
2. courteous >< rude
3. speedy >< slow
4. original >< changed
- Discuss in pairs.
- Take notes.
- Practise in pairs (ask and answer)
1. Which services provided by Thanh Ba Post Office do you think is the most important and why?
2. What services do you think Thanh Ba Post Office should have in th future?
- ask ss to work in groups
- ask ss to present in front of the class.
-Present in front of the class
- Prepare : Speaking