A. COMMON PREPOSITION: I. Prep. Of Place: 1. IN: ôû trong ( 1 nôi/ vuøng/ khu vöïc/ quoác gia/ thaønh phoá/ …)
Ex: in the room/ Asia/ Britain/ London/ …
in bed/ newspaper/ magazines/ the world/…
2. ON: ôû treân
Ex: on the table/ the board/ the floor/ …
on TV/ the radio/ telephone/ the way/ the street/ horse back/ …
3. AT : ôû taïi (ñòa ñieåm nhoû).
Ex: at the desk/ the station/ the airport/ 72 Pham Ngu Lao street….
at home/ school/ work…
4. FROM : töø (nôi xuaát phaùt). Ex: Mr. Mac Donald is from Scotland.
5. TO: ñeán (ñích) . Ex: Elizabeth went to the store.
6. BETWEEN : ôû giöõa (2 ngöôøi / vaät). Ex: Mai is sitting between Nam and Nga.
7. AMONG: ôû giöõa , trong soá Ex : The letter is somewhere among these papers.
II. Prep. Of Time 1. IN: 1977( 1890, 2008…)
the summer (winter…)
April (May, August…)
the morning (afternoon, evening…)
time: kòp luùc
an hour - Ex : I will arrive in an hour.
2. ON : holiday
October 15th 1977
time : ñuùng luùc
fire : ñang chaùy
4. SINCE (+ moác TG): keå töø … Ex: He has studied English since 1900.
5. FOR (+ 1 khoaûng TG) : ñöôïc… Ex: _________________ for 17 years
6. FROM: töø
7. TO : ñeán Ex: I lived in village from 1977 to 1992.
III. Some Other Prep. : 1. By : baèng ,bôûi. Ex: They can enrich the soil by using fertilizers.