(Đề thi gồm 3 trang, thí sinh làm bài thi ra giấy thi)
A. NGHE HIỂU
Bài 1. Nghe và điền vào chỗ trống các từ còn thiếu theo nội dung bài nghe số 1. (2,0 điểm)
Looking to improve your (1)_______ skills, but you don't have the time to go overseas to attend school? More and more universities around the world are offering opportunities for students to obtain degrees online (distance education) from the comfort of their (2)_______ homes, and many of these institutions are accredited, meaning that they have met certain standards of (3)_______ .
If you decide to take language courses online (or any subject for that matter), be sure to evaluate the benefits of studying online versus going abroad. The advantages of studying online are that the costs are usually lower, you can study at your own pace, and you have access to the (4)_______ 24-hours-a-day from almost any computer in the world. However, you won't get the human interaction of meeting people to (5)_______ to face like you would if you were physically attending a school overseas.
On the other hand, the (6)_______ of going overseas may include day-to-day opportunities to learn a new culture, meet new friends with whom you can use and (7)_______ the language, and chances to see different parts of the world. However, there may be a number of disadvantages for some including expense, time away from one's school, family, or work life, and the challenge of adapting to a new (8)_______ and way of life.
Whatever you do, consider a distance education program that (9)_______ your educational needs, is within your budget, and equally important, provides you with opportunities to grow beyond the classroom through cultural and (10)_______ activities.
Bài 2. Nghe và trả lời các câu hỏi theo nội dung bài nghe số 2 (có thể trả lời ngắn). (2,0 điểm)
1. What is Na going to do this weekend?
2. Is Na new to the neighborhood?
3. What‘s the name of the film at the Millennium Cinema?
4. Is it an American film?
5. Hasn’t Na seen this film before?
6. Where is the photo exhibition ?
7. When is the English Speaking Contest at Nguyen Khuyen School held?
8. Why does Nam go to see the soccer match between Le Do School and Quang Trung School ?
9. Has Na ever been to a soccer match before?
10. What time does Nam want Na and his friends to be at the stadium?
B. NGỮ ÂM
Câu 1. Chọn từ có trọng âm chính rơi vào vị trí khác các từ còn lại. (1,0 điểm)
A. adventure B. character C. artist D. knowledge
A. hobby B. personal C. address D. birthday
A. understand B. participate C. entertain D. volunteer
A. award B. include C. struggle D. enroll
A. restaurant B. neighborhood C. grocery D. community
Câu 2. Chọn từ có cách đọc khác ở phần gạch chân. (1,0 điểm)
A. thousand B. proudly C. southern D. foul
A. needed B. naked C. wanted D. looked
A. clothes B. houses C. watches D. oranges
A. favor B. glad C. bank D. happy
A. competition B. chore C. conscious D. promise
C. NGỮ PHÁP VÀ TỪ VỰNG
Câu 3. Cho dạng đúng của từ trong ngoặc. (1,0 điểm)
1. People say that he is a ______ child in his family. (Trouble)
2. Minh asked for a ______ and the cashier gave him one. (receive)
3. The boy _______ asked for permission to go out with his friends. (REPEAT)
4. You don’t have to do that work. In other words, it’s ______for you (NECESSITY)
5. The farmer said he had something called ________ (WISE )
Câu 4. Chọn đáp án thích hợp nhất trong số A, B, C hoặc D để hoàn thành câu. (2,0 điểm)
He found a watch when he _______ in the street.
A. walked B. was walking C. has walked D. walks
Did you succeed _______ the problem?
A. to solve B. on solving C. in solving D. solving
My mother is a very _______ person. She always takes her time and is never in a hurry to finish something.
A. patient B. patiently C. impatient D. impatiently
The money _______ in the robbery was never found.
A. stolen B. steal C. stole D. stealing
Nam never let his brother cook the meals, _______ ?
A. didn't he B. doesn't he C. did he D. does he.
It’s no use _______ a language if you don’t practice it frequently.
A. to learn B. learned C. learning D. learn
You will need to be able to deal with both customers and _______
A. supply B. suppliers C. supplication D. advertising
Would you mind if I took a photo? - _______ .
A. Sure, here you are B. Yes, please C. Yes, I’d love to D. Please go ahead
John _______ Susan to go out with him but her parents didn’t let her out.
A. insisted B. suggested C. invited D. helped
A: “Do you want this one or that one?” ~ B: “ __________”
A- I’ll say it again for you. B- I don’t mind. You choose.
C- Never mind. It doesn’t matter. D- Yes? Can I help you?
Câu 5. Cho dạng đúng của động từ trong ngoặc. (1,0 điểm)
1. When I (1a-meet) _______ him at the bookstore, he (1b-talk_______to his friends
2. My cousin (2a- not see) _______ since he (2b- buy) _______ a new color TV.
3. Peter (3a-wash) _______ his hands. He just (3b-repair)_______ his car.
4. Listen! I (4a-hear) _______ someone (4b-knock) _______ at the front door.
5. Mr. Brown isn’t here now. You (5a-tell) _______ him the news when he (5b-come) ______ back, Nam?
Câu 6. Điền giới từ thích hợp vào chỗ trống để hoàn thành các câu sau. (1,0 điểm)
1. The store owners have been concerned ___1a___ the new mall ___1b___ a few months.
2. Nga got ___2a___late this morning because her alarm clock didn’t go ___2b___.
3. She walked ___3a___ the kitchen and put her packages ___3b___the table.
4. He made a deep impression___4a___ the members ___4b___ his English speaking club.
5. The driver in front stopped ___5a___ warning and we drove ___5b___ the back of his car
Câu 7. Xác định lỗi sai ở mỗi câu sau và sửa lỗi đó. (1,0 điểm)
1. Your grandfather and I are delighting that you passed your English exam.
2. Dave is a friend of mine. I knew him for a long time.
3. Everyone he knows like to eat chocolates and ice - cream.
4. My sister didn’t have money enough to buy the motorbike she liked
5. I come from a city locating in the southern part of the country.
D. ĐỌC HIỂU
Câu 8. Hãy hoàn thành bài đọc sau với những từ cho sẵn. Có MỘT từ thừa. (2,0 điểm)
Many of my friends do not (1) _______ with me when I say that the movie I like best is “Aladin and the (2) _______ lamp”. They may call this an old-fashioned movie but I am not (3) _______ about their judgment.
I like this movie for (4) _______ reasons. Firstly, it is full of magical thrills and secondly, the (5) _______ it produces is much. From the very beginning to the (6) _______ , I not only enjoyed the magical thrills but also laughed (7) _______ .
Out of nothing there appears a city, the transformation of various persons including Aladin and a man (8) ______ on magic carpet, all these are really wonderful. The effect (9) ______ by the magic lamp is great and I wish I could posses one like that. That is impossible. The whole show was indeed thrilling for me .
It is better for (10) _____ to see movies like this rather than see those that spoil our morality. Parents should be careful in this matter.
Câu 9. Chọn đáp án đúng nhất để hoàn thành đoạn văn sau . (2 điểm)
The Great Wall of China
The Great Wall of China is a _____ (1) of stone earthen fortifications in China , built , rebuilt and maintained _____ (2) the 5th century BC and the 16th century ____ (3) the northern borders of the Chinese Empire _____ (4) the rule of successive dynasties. Several walls , referred to as the Great Wall of China , were built since the 5th century BC. The most famous is the wall ____ (5) between 200BC-220BC by the first Emperor of China , Quin Shi Huang ; little of it ____ (6) ; it was much farther north than the current wall, ____ (7) was built during the Ming Dynasty .
The Great Wall ____ (8) over approximately 6,400 km from Shenanigan in the east to Lop Nur in the west , along an arc that roughly delineates the southern edge of Inner Mongolia , but stretches to over 6,700 km in total .At its peak , the Ming Wall was _____ (9) by more than one million men . It has been estimated that somewhere in the range of 2 to 3 million Chinese _____ (10) as part of the centuries long project of building the wall