Lift (v) /lɪft/ : nâng lên, nhấc lên
Protect (v) /prəˈtekt/ : bảo vệ
Wash (v) /wɑːʃ/ : rửa, giặt
Skin (n) /skɪn/ : da
Weights (n) /weɪt/ : tạ
Sleep (n) /sliːp/ : ngủ
Energy (n) /ˈenədʒi/ : sinh lực, nghị lực, năng lực
communicate (v) /kəˈmjuːnɪkeɪt/ : truyền đạt, liên lạc
breathe (v) /briːð/ : thở, hít thở
move (v) /muːv/ : chuyển động, xê dịch
laugh (v) /læf/ : cười
UNIT 6: WHAT’S ON TV?
Ex: I want to watch my favorite TV show.
My brother hopes to buy a new TV soon.
I enjoy watching sports on TV.
He dislikes watching reality TV shows
I like to watch/watching cartoon.
We love to see/seeing famous actors.
She prefers to listen/ listening to the radio.
Do you hate missing a sitcom?
A: In my opinion, all sports programs are exciting.
B: I’m afraid I disagree. I think they’re pretty boring.
C: What about reality shows? I think they’re very interesting.
A: I think so, too.
Ex: They are watching the game show on Sunday.
Ex: She is not visiting her family.
Ex: What else are you recording on Friday?
Ex: Is Zack watching the cartoon on TV?
Yes, he is. No, he’s not. / No, he isn’t.
- I’m going away next week.
- I’m going to Singapore.
- I love watching some programs on TV, so I’m recording my favorite shows.
- First, I’m recording an amazing documentary on Channel 9 called Lions of Kenya.
- Second, I’m recording the best reality show on Channel 4- Mr. and Mrs. Right.
- Third, I’m recording the funny new cartoon for adults called Family Life.
- Next, I’m recording Soap Stars on Ice on Channel 11.
- Finally, I can’t miss my favorite game on Channel 4. That’s Win or Lose.
B: Me, too. I love reality shows, and I’m recording Take it or Leave It.
A: I also love talk shows, and I’m recording The Ina Lopez Show.
Ex1: I think StarStruck is interesting because in this reality show, the contestants can show their talents and they try to turn their dream into the truth.