1. The street which lead to the school is very wide.
2. The applicants who applied for the post were quite young.
3. The boy who is playing the guitar is my teacher’s son.
1. I saw many houses which were destroyed by the storm
2. The vegetables which are sold in this shop are grown without chemicals.
3. The books which were written by To Hoai are interesting.
1. He was the first man who reached the top.
2. You are the last person who saw her alive.s
3. My brother was the only one who realized the danger.
4. The fifth man who was interviewed was entirely unsuitable.
5. I have some letters that I must write.
1. The street leading to the school is very wide.
2. The applicants applying for the post were quite young.
3. The boy playing the guitar is my teacher’s son.
1. I saw many houses destroyed by the storm
2. The vegetables sold in this shop are grown without chemicals.
3. The books written by To Hoai are interesting.
1. He was the first man to reach the top.
2. You are the last person to see her alive.
3. My brother was the only one to realize the danger.
4. The fifth man to be interviewed was entirely unsuitable.
5. I have some letters to write.
A. was designed B. designing C. to design D. designed 5. Linda was the last student ______ at the oral exam.
A. to be asked B. asking C. asks D. to ask 6. 6. The man ______ at the blackboard is our teacher.
A. stood B. stands C. standing D. to stand 7. Tom was the last ______the classroom yesterday.
A. to leave B. leaving C. left D. leaves
8. I have a message for people __________ by the traffic chaos.
A. to delay B. who delay C. delayed D. who delaying
9. Mary was the only person __________ a letter of thanks.
A. wrote B. written C. to write D. writing
10. The pilot was the only man __________ after the crash.
A. was rescued B. rescued C. rescuing D. to be rescued
1. There are probably around 3,000 languages speaking in the world.
A B C D
2. The job that advertised on television last night seems to be very interesting
3. She always wears clothes are made by a famous fashion designer.
4. I live in a pleasant room overlook a beautiful garden.
5. The man sat next to me on the plane talked all the time.
A B C D
Period 4: MIXED EXERCISES
I. Correcting homeworks ( 5 minutes)
+ relative adverbs
+ Defining and non-defining relative clauses;
+ Relative clauses with prepositions.
+ Cleft sentences
+ Reduced relative clauses.
A. where B. when C. which D. that
A. that B. which C. where D. in which
3.Ms Young, to _______ many of her students are writing, is living happily and peacefully in Canada.
A. who B. whom C. that D. whose
4. Would you mind show me __________to work the lift?
A. where B. how C. what D. why
5. The reason _____ he was absent from school is that he had an accident.
A. why B. in which C. for D. which
C. inspired many other artists D. who was inspired many other artists
9. They would like to live in the country_________there is plenty of snow.
A. which B. that C. where D. when
10. Harry Potter, ____is a best-selling book by J.K. Rowling, has been translated into different languages.
A. which B. who C. whose D. that
15. This house, …he bought in 1990, is being repaired at the moment.
A B C D
5. Smoke comes from fuel wood affects people’s health