III. Teaching aids: Some photos and some information about them.
Warm-up: (4 minutes)
- ask students to watch the video and write down what these people in the clip are doing.
1.when do people do these kinds of thing?
2.do they help to make more money?
3.what is your way of spending your free time?
4. what do you call things you do in free time ?
- Recheck and introduce the new lesson:
Pre-reading: (7 minutes)
- Ask students to look at the pictures in the book.
-Let students work in pairs to say which you like to do in your free time.
- Let each student stand and speak their opinions.
- Go around and help them if necessary.
While-reading: (20 minutes)
- Let students open the book and read silently while teacher reads aloud and correctly.
- Ask students to read themselves and write down some information.
- Let students work in pairs to do the task1.
- Let students read all sentences and explain some new words if necessary A.
- Ask students to read again and stop at the lines that contains these words to guess the meaning.
- Let students do the task individually.
- Call on some students to answer and explain their answers.
- Listen and correct if needed.
Post-reading: (10 minutes)
- Ask students to close their books and practise discussing the their hobbies:
- Let students give opinions.
- Go around to check, help and take note of students typical errors.
- Call on some students to talk and give feedback.
Homework (4 minutes)
- Reread the passage and summary the main point (about 75 words)
-Prepare the next lesson.
- Listen and try to answer the questions.
- Listen to the teacher and then discuss in their groups.
- Some students stand up and answer in roles...
- Read quickly and give some sentences in the text which are in A.
- Predict the meaning of words.
- work in pairs.
1, tài hoa 2, đệm đàn 3, khiêm nhường 4, say mê , 5, đã bị bỏ đi 6, đam mê 7, làm cho bận rộn.
- Work in pairs and answer the questions.
1, playing the guitar.
2, No, he isn’t.
3,because he is an accomplished guitarist and he is good at accompanying people singing with his guitar.
4, it is keeping fish.
5, he bought some from the shop and collected some from the rice field near his house.
6,he is not an avid stamp collector.
7, he collects them from discarded envelops his relatives and friends give him.
9.he keeps the less common ones inside A small album .the common ones he usually gives away to others of if no one wants them he simply throws them away.
- Read quickly and find information to compare with their partners.
-Work in small groups of 3 or 4 and take turn to talk about their hobbies:
- Listen and copy.
The 80th period
Time: 45 minutes
1. Educational aim: Students should know how to ask and answer about their hobbies:
- General knowledge: Ask and answer about their hobbies and collections.
-New words : Words to speak about hobbies and collections.