5. Many citizens say they are _______ of the political policies of the candidates in a local election.
A. ignoring B. ignorant C. ignorantly D. ingnorance
6. Although the professor gave ________ directions for the research paper, I was still confused.
A. define B. definite C. definitely D. definition
I am currently researching the reasons why birds _____ in water.
A. migrate B. migrating C. migrant D. migration
During the Industrial Revoilution, there was a complete _______ of society in urban areas.
A. transforming B. transformer C. transformation D. transformable
It’s a very depressed area and almost 20 % of young adults are _______.
A. employed B. unemployed C. employment D. unemployment
I don’t know why it caused so much ________
A. embarrass B. embarrassed C. embarrassing D. embarrassment
BÀI TẬP CHỌN TỪ - SỰ KẾT HỢP TỪ:
Exercise 1: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to inducate the correct answer to each of the following questions. “How was your exam?” “A couple of questions were tricky, but on the _____ it was pretty easy.”
A. spot B.general C. hand D. whole
If you practice regularly, you can learn thia language skill in short _______ of a time.
A. period B. aspect C. arrangement D. activity
Students can _______ a lot of information just by taking an active part in class.
A. concern B. install C. appear D. memorize
A few years ago, a fire _____ much of an overcrowed part of the city.
A. battled B. devastated C. mopped D. developed
5. I have learned a lot about the value of labour form my _______ at home.
A. credit B. ebergy C. chores D. pot plants
6. Although he tried to hide it, it was ______that Peter didn’t like his birthday present.
A. foolish B. basic C. obvious D. vigorous
7. Environemental groups try to stop farmers from using harmful ________ on their crops.
A. economy B. agriculate C. investments D. chemicals
8. If you ______ too much on study, you will get tired and stressed.
A. concentrate B. develop C. organize D. complain
9. Good heath and methods of study are very necessary, or _______ for success in college.
A. avaible B. dependable C. essential D. efficicient
10. In order to _______ their goals in college, students need to invest the maximum amount f time, money, and energy in their studies.
A. manage B. catch C. establish D. achieve
Exercise 2: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to inducate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Parents have great hopes of great ______ when they send their children to school.
A. wishes B. obligations C. ecpectations D. plans
No one ever takes any notices of what I say. They never give ______ to what I say.
A. reply B. opinion C. attention D. support.
3. She has changed so much that I didn’t _______ her right away.
A. admit B. recognize C. know D. believe
4. After graduation, she found _______ with a local finance company.
A. career B. workplace C. service D. employment
5. Educatnion in Britain has improved since the government started a programme of educational _______
A. reform B. resources C. experience D. system
6. The group leader wanted that everyone worked together; she asked for everyone’s _______.
A. combination B. responsibility C. competion D. copperation
7. With hard work and study, you can ______ the goals you set for yourself.
A. establish B. succeed C. achieve D. increase
8. David never wastes in his time; he tries to improve himself at every _______.
A. technique B. opportunity C. consideration D. operation
9. All the students in the school are free to ______ any youth club they wish.
A. perform B. become C. join D. participate
10. His ________, has always been to become a movie director. He wants very much to achieve it.
A. direction B. ambition C. business D. study
Exercise 3: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to inducate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
All the negative violence on television has had a negative _______ on children.
A. damage B. programme C. process D. effect
My mother ______ for an anvironmental group. She helps raise money to protect wildlife
A. indentifies B. encourages C. shares D. volunteers
Students can _______ a lot of information just by attending claas and taking good notes of the lectures.
A. absorb B. provide C. transmit D. read
Some people _______ that you can learn more by travelling to a place than by reading about it. They say firmly that it is true.
A. require B. encourage C. insist D. offer
Electric cars are better for the environment. ________, they can save money con gas.
A. In brief B. In conclusion C. In constrast D. In addition
Overpopulation tends ro create conditions which may result in ____ of food in developing countries
A. supplies B. surpluses C. shortages D.failures
Because of the intensive farming, it’s now hard to find certain wild birds in the region. Actually, the have become _______ birds.
A. unknown B. fightened C. hungry D. rare
While some areas are suffering from _______, others are experiencing heavy rains and floods.
A. the weather B. the climate C. drought D. problems
It will certainly enhances your ________ of reading when you are aware of very slight differences in the writer’s expression.
A. condition B. recommendation C. material D. enjoyment
A nurse must be ________ to the patients’ needs; dhe must understand what they need, and be helpful and kind to them.
A. sensitive B. elegant C. aware D. likeable
Exercise 4: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to inducate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
1. The area has an _________ of wildlife; there are lots of animals, birds, fish, and insects living there.
A. abundance B. impression C. entertainment D. organization
2. You should read this novel. It has been ________ recommended by all the critics.
A. deeply B. fully C. highly D. truly
3. True learning does not _______ in gathering facts from the teachers; it requires active assimilation of knowledge.
A. achieve B. consist C. depend D. come
4. There should be a law against ________.
A. violent family B. fight for households
C. violent domestics D. domestic violence
5. The documentary was so _________ that many viewers cried.
A. moody B. touching C. touchy D. moved
6. ________ of patience, noone can beat Martha.
A. in front B. in spite C. In terms D. Regardless
7. The manager of the hotel always puts a _________ on the service quality.
A. pressure B. great stress C. stressed D. stressful
8. Human carlessness has been _______damaging marine life.
A. warned against B. said to C. prevented D. acused of
9. During the flood, many local people ran out of food and starved to ________
A. dying B. die C. death D. dead
10. The saying that “Problems don’t come _______,” means that may problems can happen at the same time.
A. soon B. at once C. single D. singly
Exericse 5: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to inducate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
1. In fairy tales, bad witches often try to cast a spell on the ________.
A. innocent B. innovative C. innovation D. initative
2. The assistant manager is going to present a complete report on the ________situation of the company.
A. funded B. finacial C. financing D. finance
3. The environmental impact of tourism can be shocking and upsetting, but many governments think it is _______.
A. negative B. comprehensive C. bad D. acceptable
4. I the recent decades, greater cultural ________ has been encouraged by tourism.
A. contract B. relation C. touch D. details
5. The majority of people agree that modern drugs are the most effective way to cure a (n)________.
A. treatment B. symptom C. illness D. sicken
6. The government should take _______ to reduce the current high unemployment rate.
A. solutions B. charge C. measures D. steps
7. Janet has to travel a lot in her new job. She is on the _______ all the time.
A. field B. mood C. way D. go
8. Many companies now advertise their new products by distributing free ______ in public places.
A. deals B. exmaples C. instances D. samples
9. While there has been a significant _____ in the sales figures, there has been no corresponding profit growth because of increased production cosrs.