Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Telephone number: 0084 - 04-8786274 (Office)
0084 - 04-8765700 (Home)
Fax number : 0084 - 04-8276554
Name of Institution:
Hanoi University of Agriculture (HUA), Vietnam.
I. Academic record (University only)
Degree obtainedDate and place pursued
Bachelor of Science in Veterinary Medicine December 1981 HAU, Vietnam.
Master of Rural Development Management December 1994 Khonkaen University, Thailand.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in February 2001, UPLB (Philippines).
II. Other training and conference - Training course on Environmental Economic (two months, 1996) sponsor by Environmental Economic Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA).
- Workshop on Household Economy in Vietnam by Red Rive Delta Program and Agricultural Science Research Institute (1996).
- Seminar on Strategies for Rural Development in Southeast-Asia Countries by Research Development Institute (RDI), Khonkaen University, Thailand (1994).
- Workshop on Cattle Disease (1994) by REI from United State and Hanoi Agricultural University (HAU).
- Workshop on Household Dairy Cattle Raising in Hanoi Vietnam (in 1997 sponsor by HAU and Red River Delta Program).
- Course on Sustainable Enterprise Development in Micro-region Context (2001, sponsor by CIP, UPWARD, CIAT and SEARCA).
- Workshop on Media Literacy (2002, Bangkok, Thailand sponsor by UNESCO)
- Training course on Monitoring and Evaluation project ( 7-15 December, 2003 funded by Ford Foundation)
- Training course on Base on Results Project Evaluation (16-25 March, 2006 funded By Ford Foundation)
III. Previous and Present position - 1981-1997: Lecturer and Vice Head of Department of Animal Anatomy and Histology in the Faculty of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Hanoi Agricultural University.
- 2001- 2005 : Associate Dean of Faculty of Agricultural Education, Hanoi Agricultural University (HAU).
- 2005 – 2007 : Dean of Faculty of Agricultural Education , Hanoi Agricultural University.
- National Consultant for JVNC (Japan Vietnam NMPRP (Northern Mountainous Poverty Alleviation Project) Consortium funded by WORLD BANK..
- Collaborator for International Potato Centre in Vietnam (CIP)
- 2002 : Member of the Asia Pacific Association of Agricultural and Environment Educator (APEAEN).
- 1994 - 1997: Member of Dairy Cattle Raising Project in Hanoi Vietnam (Project belongs to Red River Delta Program, funded by French Government).
- From 1996: Member of the Environmental Economic and Natural Resource Association in Vietnam.
IV. Working experience - Lecturer at Hanoi Agricultural University, Gia Lam, Hanoi Vietnam (1982- Now (2009).
- Researcher for the project "Application of Acupuncture in Veterinary" (1985 - 1991).
- Researcher for Red River Delta Program in Vietnam which funded by French Government) and French Farmer Association for International Development NAHMADEE Region (1995-1997) in the Project "Household Dairy Cattle Raising Development in Gialam, Hanoi, Vietman (1995).
- Researcher for the Project "Investigation of Commercialisation Process of Milk at Phudong Gialam, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Researcher for the Project: "Impact of Agrochemical on rice Productivity and Farmers'Health in Rice production in Red River Delta"Funded by EEPSEA (1996-1997).
- Researcher for Project: "Impact Study of Adaptation of Sweet potato Varieties, Pig Production Innovation of Farmers in North Vietnam" which funded by CIP and UPWARD.
- Member in Evaluation Team of some Rural Development Project Vietnam.
- Member of Management Board of Pathways to Higher Education (PHE) Project in Hanoi Agricultural University, Vietnam, funded by FORD FOUNDATION (2001- at present (2008)
- National Consultant for JVNC (Japan Vietnam NMPRP (Northern Mountainous Poverty Alleviation Project Consortium) in Hoa Binh, Phu Tho and Bac Giang Province from July, 2002- March, 2003 funded by WORLD BANK.
-Collaborator for International Potato Centre in Vietnam (CIP)
- National consultant and coordinator for ICA (Institute of Culture Affairs in Japan) Project (Vietnam sites : Phu Tho, Hoa Binh and Bac Giang Province) from April, 2003 – February, 2004. Coordinator for ICA project in MOC CHAU , SON LA Province in 2007, 2008, and 2009.
- Agricultural Educational Specialist for GOV/ADB TA- 4194 – VIE (Agriculture Science and Technology Project) from May to November, 2004 funded by ADB.
- National Consultant for World Bank Study – Livestock and Slaughter Waste Management in Vietnam.
from 23 July to 5 August, 2007 funded by World Bank.
- Chair man of Research in Application of Accupanture in Veterinary Treatment. HUA-funded, 2003
- Chairman of Research in Application of Anolyte for Poultry Raising. HUA-funded, 2004
- Chairman of Project (B2006-11-43). Investigation of demand of recruitment of graduated agricultural education students. MOET-funded
- Chairman of Project (B2008 -11- 109). Current situation of M.M.A in Sow and M.M.A prevention Methods . MOET-funded
V. Publications 1. Trinh Dinh Thau. (1991). Application of Acupuncture for Disease Treatment in Veterinary.
2. Trinh Dinh Thau. (1994). Impact of Renovation Process in Agricultural Growth in Vietnam. Master Thesis. Khonkean University, Thailand.
3. Dang Vu Binh, Trinh Dinh Thau, Vu Dinh Ton, et al., (1995). Results of Investigation and Identify Problems in Household Dairy Cattle Raising Program in Phudong, Gialam, Hanoi.
4. Trinh Dinh Thau. (1996). Commercialisation Process of Milk in Phudong, Gialam, Hanoi, Vietnam.
5. Trinh Dinh Thau, Tran Chi Chien and Dang Van Minh. (1999). Impact of Agro-chemical on Productivity and Farmers' Health in Rice Production in Red River Delta, Vietnam.
6. Trinh Dinh Thau. (2001). Comparative Analysis of Organization Performance in Selected Dairy Cattle Raising Villages in Gialam,Vietnam. Ph.D. Dissertation. University of the Philippines Los Banos (UPLB).
7. Trinh Dinh Thau, Thai Thi Minh, Virgina Visconti. (2002). "Impact Study of Adaptation Sweet potato Varieties and Pig Production Innovation of Farmers in North Vietnam" which funded by CIP.
8. Trinh Dinh Thau (2004). Factors Affecting the Technical Efficiency on Household Dairy Cattle Raising in two selected communities, Gia Lam, Hanoi, Vietnam. ISSAS journal, Volume 10. Japan.
9. Ken nozawa, Takao Namilkawa, Takashi Amano, Hiroshi Hata, Dang vu Binh, Phan xuan Hao, Trinh Dinh Thau.(1998). Gene-constitution of the Native Horse of Vietnam. The Society for Researches on Native Livestock. No. 16, 1998. Japan.
10. Takao Namikawa, Kazzuaki Tanaka, Takahiro Yamagata, Kaazuhito Kurogi, Dang Vu Binh, Trinh Dinh Thau, Nguyen Huu Nam. (1998). Geographical Distribution of Coast-color Variations and Withers Height in the Native Cattle of Vietnam. The Society for Researches on Native Livestock. No. 16, 1998. Japan.
11. Takao Namikawa, Kazuaki Tanaka, Takahiro Yamagata, Kazzuhito Kurogi, Trinh Dinh Thau, Dang Vu Binh, Phan Xuan Hao.(1998). Observation of the Short tail Traits in the Street Dogs of Vietnam and Geographical Distribution. The Society for Researches on Native Livestock. No. 16, 1998. Japan.
I, the undersigned, certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, this CV correctly describes myself, my qualifications, and my experience.