I- Give the English word and Vietnamese meaning to each of the following transcription.
1. /ˈnjuːkliə(r)ˈfæməli/ (n): 2. /ˌdʒenəˈreɪʃnɡæp/ (n): 3. /ɪmˈpəʊz/ (v): 4. /nɔːm/ (n): 5. /əˈfɔːd/ (v): 6. /ˈprefrəns/ (n):_ 7. /əbˈdʒekʃn/ (n): 8. /ˈkɜːfjuː/ (n): 9. /frʌˈstreɪtɪŋ/ (adj): 10./ˈprɪvəsi/ (n): II- Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions. 11. I live in a/an ____ with my parents and my elder sister in the coastal area.
A. extended family B. nuclear family
C. extended house D. nuclear house
12. One advantage of living in a/an ____ is to strengthen relationship between young children and adults.
A. nuclear family B. nuclear house
C. extended family D. extended house
13. In my opinion, family members are responsible for ____.
A. the housework B. the chores C. homework D. A and B
14. My grandpa is the most conservative person in my family. He never ____ about way of life.
A. gives his opinion B. changes his mind
C. gives his view D. keeps in mind
15. After graduating from university, I want to ____ my father's footsteps.
A. follow in B. succeed in C. go after D. keep up
16. In a nuclear family, both mother and father have responsibility for housekeeping and ____.
A. child care B. homework C. childcare D. generation gap
17. Four generations living in the same roof will have different ____ of lifestyle.
A. gaps B. rules C. manners D. viewpoints
18. Luckily, my parents are always willing to listen to my new ideas. They're very ____.
A. narrow-minded B. open-minded C. elegant D. careful
19. My mother ____ me from going home after 10 p.m. every day.
A. forbids B. allows C. lets D. All are correct
20. Anna often dresses ____ when going to the parties in order to attract her friends' attention.
A. plainly B. properly C. flashily D. soberly
21. We're surprised by Joe's ____ every Monday. He changes it at least 4 times a month.
A. hairstyle B. lifestyle C. viewpoint D. manner
22. I rarely eat ____ and drink ____ because they're not food for health.
A. snack/energy drink B. fast food/juice C. fruit/alcoholic drink D. junk food/soft drink
23. Generation ____ is the difference in the thoughts and viewpoints amongst generations living together.
A. distance B. gap C. space. D. All are correct
24. I was tired and couldn't ____ on doing my research project properly.
A. concentrate B. look C. pay attention D. Both A and C
25. My parents don't let me get married until I graduate from university and they never ____ their mind about that.
A. keep B. impose C. focus D. change
26. The ____ arises when Jack and his parents have considerable disagreement on his choice of university.
A. discrimination B. conflict C. agreement D. gap
27. I do morning exercise and play volleyball regularly so as to keep ____ and be healthier.
A. fit B. good shape C. healthy D. strong
28. Since the family law was implemented, domestic violence has been a rare ____ in this area.
A. happen B. taking place C. occurrence D. happenstance
29. My father used to ____ a lot of challenges before establishing his own insurance company.
A. provide B. enjoy C. give D. face
30. I wish I could do something to reduce financial ____ on my parents.
A. capital B. burden C. limit D. gap