d. Quang Ngai province 51. Where is Cuc Phuong national park in Vietnam?
a. Hoa Binh province
b. Ninh Binh province
c. Thanh Hoa province
d. Lai Chau province
52. What is the largest natural lake in Vietnam?
a. Ba Be lake
b. West lake
c. Nui Coc lake
d. Ke Go lake
53. Which region has four seasons in Vietnam?
a. Northern Vietnam
b. Central Vietnam
c. Southern Vietnam
d. All are correct
54. Where is Hanoi capital located in Vietnam?
a. Hong river delta
b. Cuu Long delta
c. Cai river delta
d. All are incorrect
55. Which is the longest beach in Vietnam?
a. Nha Trang beach – Khanh Hoa province
b. Tra Co beach – Quang Ninh province
c. Nui Ne beach – Phan Thiet province
d. My Khe beach – Da Nang city
C. CULTURAL – SOCIAL QUESTIONS
56. Which is NOT the symbol of Hanoi captital ?
a. Dong Xuan market
b. Hoan Kiem lake
c. Ben Thanh market
d. Hanoi flag tower
57. What is the real name of “Trang Trinh”?
a. Nguyen Binh Khiem
b. Chu Van An
c. Nguyen Sieu
d. Nguyen Hien
58. What culturally sympolizes the Red river civilization?
a. Gongs (Cong chieng)
b. Ngoc Lu bronze drum
c. Dong Son bronze drum
d. House on stilts
59. When was the Hoi An old quarter recognised as the world heritage by the UNESCO?
a. In 1999
b. In 2000
c. In 2001
d. In 2002
60. Who was the Vietnamese person honored as Great man of culture in 1980 by the UNESCO?
a. Ho Chi Minh
b. Nguyen Du
c. Nguyen Trai 61. When was the cultural space of the Gongs (Cong Chieng) recognized as the Master piece of the oral and Intangible Cultural Heritage by the UNESCO?
a. November 2004
b. November 2005
62. Which Intangible Cultural Heritage was recognized by UNESCO in 2003?
a. Ao dai
b. Nha Nhac of Hue court
c. Tay Nguyen’s gongs
d. Traditional drama “Cai luong” in Southern Vietnam
63. He is a famous songwriter who composed so famous romantic and sad love songs that he has made his own musical stream named after him. Who is he?
a. Pham Duy
b. Nguyen Ngoc Thien
c. Nhat Huy
d.Trinh Cong Son 64. Which is NOT the Intangible Cultural Heritage recognized b the UNESCO?
a. Ao dai
b. Tay Nguyen’s gongs
c. Nha Nhac of Hue court
d. Ca Tru
65. “Cheo” is the most typical traditional performance of Vietnam. Where has “Cheo” most developed?
a. The Southern of Vietnam
b. The central of Vietnam
c. The Southwestern of Vietnam
d. The Northern of Vietnam 66. The famous play “Quan Am Thi Kinh” attracts many people of different generations in Vietnam. What category does “Quan Am Thi Kinh” belong to?
c. Cai luong
d. Ca tru
67. Which revolutionary martyr that the diary “Forever Twenties” tells about?
a. Dang Thuy Tram
b. Nguyen Van Thac
c. Nguyen Van Minh
d. Dang Thuy Minh
68.Where did the fierce fight mentioned in the book “Dang Thuy Tram’s Diary“ take place?
a. Buon Me Thuoc
b. Duc Pho, Quang Ngai
c. Dong Xoai, Binh Phuoc
d. Bien Hoa, Dong Nai
69. What did the revolutionary martyr Dang Thuy Tram do when she took part in the war in Quang Ngai province?
70.Who is the writer considered as “The King of reportage“ in 1930s with his famous writing named “So do‘‘?
a. Vu Trong Phung
b. Nam Cao
c. Vu Dinh Chi
d. Vu Bang
71. What is People’s Artist Dang Thai Son famous for?
a. Playing Violon
b. Playing Guitar
d. Playing Harmonica
72. When does the Huong Pagoda Festival taken place annually?
a. On March 10 in lunar calendar
b. On January 6 in lunar calendar
c. On December 23 in lunar calendar
d. On May 5 in lunar calendar
73.Where is the Huong Pagoda Festival?
a. In Ha Tay
b. In Ha Noi
c. In Nam Dinh
d. In Ninh Binh
74. Where is the Hung Temple?
a. In Phu Tho
b. In Tuyen Quang
c. In Ha Noi
d. In Yen Bai
75. Which spots in Vietnam were recognized as the World Natural Heritage by the UNESCO?
a. Ha Long bay and Phong Nha Ke Bang cave
b. Nha Trang beach and Ha Long bay
c. Phan Si Pan mountain range and Phong Nha Ke Bang cave
d. Red river and Hanoi’s Old Quarter
76.Who are the Vietnamese people awarded as Great Man of culture by the UNESCO?
a. Nguyen Du, Ly Thuong Kiet, Ho Chi Minh
b. Nguyen Trai, Tran Hung Dao, Ho Chi Minh
c. Nguyen Du, Nguyen Trai, Ho Chi Minh
d. Nguyen Hue, Tran Hung Đao, Ho Chi Minh
77. What is the famous product of Van Phuc village in Hanoi?
b. Moon cake
c. Traditional dress
d. Ceramic products
78. Who is the author of “Truyen Kieu”?
a. Nguyen Khuyen
b. Nguyen Du c. Nguyen Trai
d. Nguyen An Ninh
79. According to Vietnam’s legend, who were the Father and Mother of Vietnam?
a. Lac Long Quan and Au Co
b. An Duong Vuong and My Chau
c. Lac Long Quan and My Chau
d. An Duong Vuong and Au Co
80. What was the 1st Vietnam’s revolutionary movie?
a. Chung mot dong song
b. Canh dong hoang
c. Biet dong Sai Gon
d. Con chim vanh khuyen
81. How many ethnic groups are there in Vietnam? a. 56 ethnics
b. 54 ethnics
c. 55 ethnics
d. 52 ethnics
82. What is Vietnam’s rank on the world population scale in 2013 according to CIA World Factlook?
a. 14th of the world
b. 13rd of Asia
c. 25th of the world
d. 13rd of Asia
83. Where did the last World Cup (WC 2014) take place in?
b. Costa Rica
84. Where was the last SEA Games (SEA Games 2013) held in?
d. The Philippines
85.Who created Vietnamese handwriting based on Latina scripts? a. Nguyen Dinh Chieu
b. Alexandre de Rhodes c. Doctor Yersin
d. Nguyen Du
86. At what age can people get married, according to the current Vietnam’s marriage and family law?
a. From 20 for men and 18 for women
b. From 18 for both men and women
c. From 22 for men and 20 for women
d. All are incorrect
87.Which sport is considered as the King of sport?
88.In a website address, what does “www” stand for?
a. World wide web
b. World web wide
c. Web world wide
d. World widle web
89.Who is the first Vietnamese mathematician to be awarded the world’s most precious mathematics prize - Fields Medal?
a. Professor Le Van Lan
b. Professor Van Nhu Cuong
c. Professor Ngo Bao Chau
d. Professor Nguyen Lan Dung
90. What was the main export product from Vietnam in 2013?
b. Phones, mobile phones and phones’ spare parts
d. Crude oil 91. What is the most common surname in Vietnam?
92. What is the most common means of transportation in urban area of Vietnam?
93.What is Vietnam’s first communication sattelite?
94. What is the famous cultural show initiated by Thanh Nien Newspaper?
a. Duyen dang Viet Nam
b. Paris by night
c. Viet Nam Idol
d. Vietnam got talent
95. Which city has the largest population in Vietnam?
a. Hanoi city
b. Ho Chi Minh city
c. Da Nang city
d. Hai Phong city
96. When did Vietnam join the World Trade Organization (WTO)?
a. In 2005
b. In 2006
c. In 2007
d. In 2008
97. Which animal of Vietnam has been listed in the IUCN World Red List of threatened species?
a. Grus antigone
98. Which is the Vietnam national airline?
a. Asiana Airline
b. Vietnam Airline
c. Pacific Airline
d. Tiger Airway
99. How many subway systems are there in Vietnam so far?
100. What is the longest road-tunnel in Vietnam?
a. Hai Van tunnel
b. Deo Ngang tunnel
c. Thu Thiem tunnel
d. Kim Lien tunnel
101.What is the longest river bridge in Vietnam?
A. Chuong Duong bridge
b. Vinh Thinh bridge
c. Can Tho bridge
d. My Thuan bridge
102. When did Vietnam first host the Southeast Asian Games (Seagames) for the 1st time?
a. In 2001
b. In 2003
c. In 2005
d. In 2007
103. At what age are Vietnamese young people called for the army’s duty?
a. From 18 to 25
b. From 16 to 25
c. From 18 to 27
d. From 16 to 24
D. POLITICAL QUESTIONS
104. The Vietnam Communist Party determines to basically complete the industrialization and modernization
a. In 2020
b. In 2025
c. In 2030
d. In 2050
105. When was the Declaration of Conduct of the Parties in the East Sea issued?
a. In 2001
b. In 2002
c. In 2003
d. In 2004
106. People’s committee is
a. the State power
b. the executive committee of the same level people’s council
c. the Justice agency
d. All of the above
107. Who was the first Secretary General of Vietnam Communist Party?
a. Le Hong Phong
b. Le Duan
c. Ha Huy Tap
d. Tran Phu
108. Who was the first Prime Minister of Socialist Republic of Vietnam?
109. How many National Congresses have been held in the history of the Vietnam Communist Party?
110. When and where was the 11th National Congress of the Vietnam Communist Party held?
a. January 12 to January 19, 2011 in Hanoi
b. January 12 to January 19, 2011 in Ho Chi Minh city
c. February 12 to February 19, 2011 in Hanoi
d. February 12 to February 19, 2011 in Ho Chi Minh city
111. Who is the current Secretary General of the Vietnam Communist Party?
a. Truong Tan Sang
b. Nguyen Phu Trong
c. Nguyen Tan Dung
d. Nguyen Sinh Hung
112. When was the Vietnam Communist Party founded?
a. February 3, 1930
b. February 3, 1931
c. February 3, 1932
d. February 3, 1933
113. The regulations of Vietnam Communist Party ‘s 11th Congress have
a. 5 chapters, 46 articles
b. 6 chapters, 47 articles
c. 7 chapters, 48 articles
d. 8 chapters, 49 articles
114. What is the relation between the Vietnam Communist Party (VCP) and the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union (HCYU)?
a. The HCYU is the trustworthy alternative of the VCP, constanly provide the young human resources for the VCP and is the successor of the VCP and President Ho Chi Minh’s glorious revolution career
b. The HCYU has nothing related to the VCP
c. The HCYU is the trustworthy alternative of the VCP, constanly provide the young human resources for the VCP and is successor of the VCP and President Ho Chi Minh’s glorious revolution career; is the key in youth movements; the HCYU is the socialism school; is the representative for the rights and interests of Vietnamese youths; is in charge of the Ho Chi Minh Young Pioneer organization.
d. None of the above
115. Which are the slogans of the Vietnam Communist Party among these:
a. Long live Glorious Communist Party of Vietnam!
b. Long live the Socialist Republic of Vietnam!
c. Forever live President Ho Chi Minh in our career!
d. None of the above
e. All of the above 116. What is the meaning of the hammer and the sickle on the flag of the Vietnam Communist Party?
a. The hammer represents the workers, and the sickle represents the farmers. The hammers and the sickle represent the combination and solidarity between Vietnamese workers and farmers, together building the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
b. The hammer represents the strength of Vietnamese people, and the sickle represents the smooth of Vietnamese people. The hammer and the sickle represents the characteristic of Vietnamese people, strong and flexible at the same time.
c. Neither of a or b
d. Both of a and b
117. How many members are there in Vietnam Communist Party’s Politburo and Secretariat in the 11th National Congress?
a. 14 in the Politburo and 9 in the Secretariat
b. 15 in the Politburo and 10 in the Secretariat
c. 16 in the Politburo and 11 in the Secretariat
d. 17 in the Politburo and 12 in the Secretariat
118. What is the operating principle of the Vietnam Communist Party?
b. Democratic Centralism
d. None of the above
119. How many levels of punishment for official members of the Vietnam Communist Party?
a. One: exclusion
b. It depends on specific situation
c. Three: warning, demotion, exclusion
d. Four: reprimand, warning, demotion, exclusion 120. What is the orientation of the Vietnam Communist Party in economic development?
a. To develop the socialist-oriented market economy with various forms of ownership, economic sectors, business organizations and distribution channels
b. To develop the economy as the central task; to industrialize and modernize of the country associated with the development of knowledge economy and focus on protecting natural resources and the environment; to construct rational, modern, sustainable economic structure which is cohesive with industry, agriculture and services.
c. Neither of the above
d. Both of a and b
121. Who can amend the regulations of the Vietnam Communist Party?
122. What is the lodestar (the inspiration, orientation) of the Vietnam Communist Party?
a. Maxism – Leninnism
b. Thoughts of President Ho Chi Minh
c. Neither of a or b
d. Both of a and b 123. What is the age limit of a Vietnam Communist Party member?
a. From 18 to 35
b. No age limit
c. From 18
d. From 18 to 70
E. Youth organizations questions:
124. The first National Congress took place from February 07 to February 14, 1950 under the name of?
a. Vietnam National Salvation Youth Union
b. Vietnam Democratic Youth Union
c. Vietnam Labour Youth Union
125. The first National Congress was held from February 07 to February 14, 1950 in
a. Thai Nguyen
b. Bac Can
c. Cao Bang
d. Lang Son
126. When was the 9th National Congress of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union held? How many big movements were made?
a. From 17 to 21 December, 2007 with 2 big movements
b. From 17 to 21 December, 2007 with 3 big movements
c. From 5 to 9 December, 2007 with 2 big movements
127. In what event was the name Ho Chi Minh Labour Youth Union changed to Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union?
a. The 4th National Congress of the Vietnam Communist Party (1976)
b. The 4th National Congress of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union (1980)
c. Both are wrong
128. What is the official song of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union ?
a. Thanh nien lam theo loi Bac
b. Tien len doan vien
c. Tuoi tre the he bac Ho
d. Len dang
129. Who composed “Doan ca”?
a. Van Cao
b. Luu Huu Phuoc
c. Hoang Ha
d. Hoang Hoa 130. What is the highest body of a youth branch?
a. The delegate congress at youth branch level
b. The youth union member’s congress
c. The youth branch´s central committee
d. The upper youth branch
131. How many levels are there in the system of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union?
a. 3 levels
b. 4 levels
c. 5 levels
d. 6 levels
132. According to the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union regulations of the 10th Congress, you can become a new member of the Youth Union if you are
a. a Vietnamese youth aged from 15 to 35
b. a Vietnamese youth aged from 16 to 30
c. a Vietnamese youth aged from 18 to 30
d. None is correct
133. Which are the characterstics of the Volunteering Youth Year 2014 ?
a. Popularity, Orientation
b. Substainability, Praticality
d. All of the above
134. What is the core political organization of the Vietnam Youth Federation?
a. Vietnam National Union of Students
b. Ho Chi Minh Young Pioneer Organization
c. Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union 135. What is the traditional day of the Vietnam Youth Federation?
a. 15 October, 1956
b. 25 October, 1950
c. 26 March, 1931
d. 15 May, 1955
136. How many levels are there in the organizational struture of the Vietnam Youth Federation?
a. 4 levels
b. 5 levels
c. 3 levels
d. None is correct
137. The basic Vietnam Youth Federation organizations are established according to
a. residential areas
c. interests and other demands
d. All of the above 138. What was the content of the movement “3 Readinesses” in the North in 1964?
a. Ready to join the army, ready to fight, and ready to go anywhere that the country needs
b. Ready to fight, ready to join the army, and ready to go anywhere that the country needs
c. Ready to volunteer, ready to sacrifice, and ready to go anywhere that the country needs
d. Ready to sacrifice, ready to volunteer, and ready to go anywhere that the country needs
139. “A Youth Union member at the age of over 30 can continue to work in the system of the Youth Union if he/she is voted to a high level office of the Youth Union or works as a profesional.” The statement is
140. Who passes the regulations of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union?
a. The Secretaries of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union
b. The meeting of the Central Committee of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union
c. The National Congress 141. When did the “Youth Month” first start?
a. In 2002
b. In 2003
c. In 2009
142. When did the Youth Law come into effect?
a. 1 July, 2005
b. 2 July, 2005
c. 1 July, 2006 143. The “Red Sunday” is
a. Youth day for country´s frontiers
b. Youth day for Blood Donation
c. Youth day for the Poor
144. When was 26 March chosen to be the establishment date of the Youth Union?
a. In the Second National Congress in 1956
b. In the Third National Congress in 1961
c. In the Fourth National Congress in 1980
145. Who designed the badge of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union?
a. Painter Huynh Van Thuan
b. Painter Ton Duc Luong
c. Painter Buu Chi
d. Painter Truong Thin
146. Who is the first president of Vietnam Youth Federation?
a. Comrade Nguyen Chi Thanh
b. Comrade Mai Chi Tho
c. Comrade Pham Ngoc Thanh
d. Comrade Nguyen Lam
147. How many times has the name of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union been changed since its establishment?
a. 5 times
b. 6 times
c. 7 times
d. 8 times
148. What are the main characteristics of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union?
a. Political, Developmental, Social
b. Political, Advanced, Social
c. Political, Developmental, Advanced
149. What is the oficial song of the Ho Chi Minh Young Pioneers’ Organization?
a. Nhanh buoc nhanh nhi dong
b. Hanh khuc Doi Thieu nien Tien phong Ho Chi Minh
c. Cung nhau ta di len
d. Di ta di len
150. The 10th National Congress of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union set the target for career counseling for ?
a. 7 millions youths and students
b. 8 millions youths and students
c. 9 millions youths and students
d. 10 millions youths and students
151. The Politburo decided 2000 to be the year of “Vietnamese Youth”. Since then, a movement has reached a new improvement nationwide, made good impressions on the people and the youth of Vietnam. Which movement is this?
a. Pioneering Youths
b. Volunteering Youths
c. Self-constituted and nation-buiding youths
d. Youths for social lives
152. The Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union was merged into by
a. Indo - China Anti – Imperalism Youth and Indo – China Communist Youth Union
b. Ho Chi Minh Revolutionary People Youth Union and Ho Chi Minh Labour Youth Union
c. Vietnam National Salvation Youth Union and Ho Chi Minh Labour Youth Union
153. The regulations of Vietnam Youth Federation have
a. 7 chapters and 27 articles
b. 8 chapters and 27 articles
c. 7 chapters and 28 articles
d. 8 chapters and 28 articles
154. According to the Youth Volunteering Year 2014 Plan, which is the theme of the three last months of the year (October, November, December)?
a. Back to our roots
b. Youth volunteering for new rural development
c. Helping students go to schools
d. Youth volunteering for social welfare 155. Which are the characteristics of Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union
d. All of the above 156. What is the basic role of Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union?
a. To educate the ideology of communism for youth
b. To be responsible for Young Pioneers and guide the Young Pioneers
c. To build the Communist Party
d. All of the above 157. Which thesis did Nguyen Ai Quoc present in the 4th International Communist Youth Congress held in July, 1924.