2. Walking is a fun, easy and ________________________ activity. (EXPENSIVE)
3. A balanced diet alone is not enough for a healthy _________________________. (LIFE)
4. That woman is very pleasant, but her younger sister is a little ___________________. (FRIEND)
5. Jane likes to wear ______________________________ clothes. (COLOUR)
6. The teacher __________________________ the students to study harder. (COURAGE)
7. The students of class 7A enjoy _____________________ activities after school hours. (DIFFER)
8. Some students are following the _________________________ to the video room. (LIBRARY)
9. The post arrives __________________________ at eight in the morning. (REGULAR)
10. Do your classes start ____________________________ or later? (EARLY)
VII. Each of the following sentences contains one error. Underline and correct it. (10 pts)
1. He drinks a lot of mineral waters in a day.
2. We shouldn’t run or walk careless around the pool edge.
3. Hoa’s aunt cutted her hair yesterday.
4. There are a large, modern bathroom and a kitchen in the apartment.
5. Many people think that teachers give students too many homework.
6. Mr. Ba works in a factory for five days a week.
7. In my opinion, Tam is a more lazier student than Hoa is.
8. My children don’t like those kinds of imported toys.
9. I like studying history and I find this subject very interested.
10. Kien is a very more careful driver than Simon.
VIII. Fill in each numbered space with ONE appropriate word. (10 pts)
Alice is a new English friend of (1)……………... She is very (2) …………….to tell me about her new (3)……………. Her lessons begin at nine each morning and (4)……………until half past ten. Then she has a ………….for a quarter of an hour. During this time she usually talks to her friend about many things such (6) …………………the last class or last night’s movie. She has five (7) …………in the morning and three in the afternoon. Alice’s favorite (8) ………..is English. The first term lasts four months from September (9)…………December. Alice tries her (10)……………….to become a good student in the class.
IX- Read the passage and choose the best answer to each question from the four choices (A or B, C, D). (10 pts)
My teacher, Miss White, is a young lady of twenty-six. She is (1)____ nice lady. She loves her students (2) ____. She never (3) ___ angry with them. Miss White (4) ___ teaching her students. Sometimes she tells (5) ___ many interesting stories. I like to listen to her stories (6) ___ they all help us to learn some (7) ___ lessons. Sometimes she takes us out (8) ____ a picnic. Whenever she takes us out, she tries to teach us something (9) ____. It is my dream that (10) _______ I grow up, I can become a good teacher like her.
XII. Use the given word to write the second sentence in such a way that it is as similar as possible in meaning to the original sentence. Do not change the form of the given word. (5 pts)