III. Give the correct tense/ form of the verbs in the brackets. (1.5 pts) Answers
1. Yuri Gagarin became the first man (fly) into space. _______________________
2. We are living in the house (build) by our parents 20 years ago. _______________________
3. The people (wait) for the bus in the rain are getting wet. _______________________
4. It (be) yesterday that my mother gave me a nice present. _______________________
5. I looked everywhere for the book but I (can not) find it. _______________________
6. This TV (make) in Germany 15 years ago. _______________________
IV. Read the passage carefully and then answer the given questions. (2 pts)
The 2010 Asian Games was a multi-sport event celebrated in Guangzhou, China from November 12 to 27, 2010. Guangzhou was the second Chinese city to host the Games, after Beijing in 1990. A total of 9,704 athletes from 45 National Olympic Committees competed in 476 events from 42 sports and disciplines, making it the largest event in the history of the Games.
The opening and closing ceremonies were held along the Pearl River in Haixinsha Island, and was the first time in history that the opening ceremony for a major sports event was not held inside a stadium. The final medal tally was led by China, followed by South Korea and third place Japan. China set a new Games record with 199 gold medals. Three World and 103 Asian records were broken.