25. Cach Mang Thang Tam is a ______ street. You shouldn’t go on this street at 5 p.m, it often has a traffic jam.
a. peaceful b. crowded c. relaxing d. luxurious
26. I’d love to go on a ________ around the Nile river.
a. train b. car c. cruise d. flight
27. This is a _________ hotel. It’s very comfortable with expensive furniture, three swimming pools, tennis and golf courses.
a. hurricane b. awful c. nightmare d. luxurious
28. She often ______ on TV as a TV presenter.
a. appears b. writes . becomes d. gets
29. It’s time _____ dinner. I’d like to take you out to have dinner tonight.
a. in b. of c. for d. at
30. Can we change the time of the meeting? Monday is no good _____ me.
a. to b. for c. of d. on
III. READING (30 points):Read and choose the best answer :
Of the natural wonders (kì quan) of the world, few are as spectacular (hùng vĩ) as Niagara Falls (thác nước). Located (có vị trí) on the Niagara River along the border between the United States and Canada, Niagara Falls actually consists of (bao gồm) two falls, the American Falls and the Horsehoe Falls. The former (cái trước) is on the US side of the border, in the state of New York, while the latter (cái sau) is on the Canadian side. About 85% of the water in Niagara River flows over the Horsehoe Falls, which is the more impressive (ấn tượng) of the two falls.
About 10 million people visit the falls each year, most during the summer tourist season. Sightseers can ride steamers (tàu hơi nước) up close to the boiling water of the falls, or view them from parks on both sides of the river. Niagara Falls has long been a popular honeymoon destination (điểm đến) for newlyweds (vợ chồng mới cưới).
1. Which of the following is entirely on the US side of the border with Canada?
a. Niagara River b. American Falls c. Niagara Falls d. Horsehoe Falls
2. It can be inferred from the passage that Horsehoe Falls ______________________.
a. is the larger of the two falls. b. is the less impressive fall.
c. is in the state of New York. d. has 15% of the Niagara River flowing over its edge.
3. According to the passage, where can people watch the falls?
a. From trains. b. From airplanes. c. From parks or boats. d. From cars or buses.
4. In line 7, the word “them” refers to ____________.
a. steamers b. sightseers c. parks d. waterfalls
5. According to the passage, Niagara Falls ____________________.
a. is a favourite place of newlyweds. b. is only impressive during the summer tourist season.
c. generates very hot water. d. can be interviewed from only one side of the Niagara Falls.
IV. WRITING (20 points):
A.Translate into Vietnamese:
1. Greenland _ the world’s largest island apart from Australia _ is more white than green (85% is always
covered in snow and ice).
Greenland – hòn đảo lớn nhất thế giới nằm cách xa nước Úc – có màu trắng nhiều hơn màu xanh lá cây (85% luôn được bao phủ trong tuyết và băng).
2. No cars are allowed into this historic city.
Xe hơi không được phép vào thành phố lịch sử này.
B.Translate into English:
3. Thỉnh thoảng, bạn sẽ trông thấy mặt trăng trên bầu trời vào ban đêm.
Sometimes, you will see the moon in the sky in the evening.
C. Put the words in the correct order to make sentences:
4. much / in / sugar / too / this / There’s / coffee .
There’s too much sugar in this coffee.
5. people / here / on / every / holiday / A lot of / year / come.