c. If / has been occupied d. Whether / occupied
2. The policeman asked us………..
a. had any of us seen the accident happen
b. If had any of us seen the accident happen
c. Whether any of us had seen the accident happen
d. that if any of us had seen the accident happen
3. I asked him………..,but he said nothing
a. what the matter was b. what was the matter
c. the matter was what d. what’s the matter was
4. James………..him up when the bus reached the square
a. told me wake b. asked me to wake
c. said me to wake d. requested me waking
5. I wonder………….we’ll catch the bus………we’ll take a taxi
a. if / and whether b. whether / or that
c. if / or that d. whether / or whether
6. Excuse me. Could you tell me………………?
a. what time is it b. what is the time
7. We wonder……….from his office after that scandal
a. why did he not resign b. why he did not resign
c. why he not resign d. why didn’t he resign
8. Jeff wanted to know……………..
a. that why were his friends laughing
b. why were his friends laughing
c. why his friends were laughing
d. the reason why his friends laughing
9. Mr Hawk told me that he would give me his answer the………..day
a. previous b. following c. before d. last
10. She…………him whether he liked the steak she cooked
a. asks b. wondered c. wanted to know d. asked
11. His neighbours sometimes wondered……….he did for a living
a. why b. when c. where d. what
12. Could you please tell me……………?
a. It is how far to the nearest bus stop
b. how far is it to the nearest bus stop
c. how far to the nearest bus stop is it
13. Marigold wondered………..Kevin and Ruth would be at the party
a. that b. whether c. if d. b& c
14. He asked me…………….
a. How long you have studied English
b. How long had you studied English
c. How long you had study English
d. How long you had studied English
15. The passenger asked…………….we landed
a. what b. when c. if d. why
16. “I’ll tell you about this tomorrow, Mary.” said Tom.
a. Tom said to Mary that he will tell her about that the next day.
b. Tom told Mary that I would tell you about that the next day.
d. Tom told Mary that she would tell him about that the next day.
17. “I have something to tell you” Kerry said to Cheryl.
a. Kerry told Cheryl I had something to tell her.
c. Kerry told Cheryl she had had something to tell him.
d. Kerry told Cheryl he had had something to tell her.
18. He said, “My wife has just bought a diamond ring.”
b. He said that my wife had just bought a diamond ring.
c. He said that his wife has just bought a diamond ring.
d. he said that his wife just bought a diamond ring.
19. “I will come with you as soon as I am ready”, she said to Philip.
a. She said to Philip he will come to see you as soon as he I am ready.
b. She told Philip she will come to see her as soon as she was ready.
c. She told Philip she would come to see you as soon as she was ready.
20. “I wrote to him yesterday”
a. She said to me I wrote to him the day before.
b. She told me she wrote to him yesterday.
c. She told me she had written to him yesterday.
d. She told me she had written to him the day before.
21. “He is talking to your sister”, She said to me.
a. She told me he was talking to your sister.
b. She told me she was talking to my sister.
d. She told me he was talking to her sister.
22. “It is the time to check what you have done”, the father said to the boys.
a. The father said to the boys it was time to check what they had done.
c. The father told the boys it was time to check what they have done.
d. The father told the boys it is time to check what they had done.
23. “You will like my sister when you meet her”
a. He told me you will like her sister when you meet her.
b. He told me I will like his sister when I met her.
d. He told me I would be liked his sister when I met her.
24. “I didn’t meet Susan last week”
a. He said he didn’t meet Susan the week before.
b. He said he hasn’t met Susan last week.
c. He said he hadn’t met Susan last week.
25. “I didn’t break your watch”
b. The boy asked the girl he hadn’t broken her watch.
c. The boy told the girl he didn’t break her watch.
d. The boy told the girl he hadn’t broken your watch.
26. “I found a lot of mistakes in your plan”. Catherine said to Kevin.
a. Catherine told Kevin she found a lot of mistakes in his plan.
b. Catherine told Kevin she has found a lot of mistakes in his plan.
c. Catherine told Kevin she had found a lot of mistakes in his plan.
d. Catherine told Kevin she had found a lot of mistakes in her plan.
27. “I have just seen your mother this morning”.
a. Laura told Lewis I have just seen your mother this morning.
c. Laura told Lewis she has just seen his mother that morning.
d. Laura told Lewis he had just seen her mother that morning.
28. “We are ready to come with our friends”
a. They told us they are ready to come with their friends.
b. They told us they were ready to come with our friends.
c. They told us we were ready to come with our friends.
d. They told us they were ready to come with their friends.
29. “I couldn’t get into the house because I had lost my key”
a. He said he couldn’t get into the house because he had lost my key.
b. He said he hadn’t been able to get into the house because he had lost his key.
c. He said he had been able to get into the house because he had lost his key.
d. He said he hadn’t been able to get into the house because he lost his key.
30. “I was intending to meet you tomorrow”.
a. She told me she was intending to meet me tomorrow.
b. She told me she had intending to meet me the next day.
c. She told me she had been intending to meet me tomorrow.
d. She told me she had been intending to meet me the next day.
31. Paker: “ Help me”
a. Paker asked not to help him
b. Paker asked to help me
c. Paker advised me to help him
d. Paker asked us to help him
32. Carol: “ Listen to that song”
a. Carol said to listen that song
b. Carol told us to listen to that song
c. Carol asked us to listen to this song
d. Carol talked me to listen to that song
33. Maria: “ Leave me alone!”
b. Maria told her friend to leave me alone
c. Maria said her friend to leave me alone
d. Maria told her friend leaving me alone
34. Mr Stephens: “ Buy me some milk”
a. Mr Stephens suggested to buy him some milk
c. Mr Stephens asked to buy him some milk
d. Mr Stephens spoke to buy me some milk
35. George: “ Feed the cat”
b. George asked his girlfriend feed the cat
c. George asked his girlfriend feeding the cat
d. George asked his girlfriend fed the cat
36. Heather: “ Don’t say that”
a. Heather tells to you not to say that
c. Heather advised you to say that
d. Heather ordered not you to say that
37. You: “ Come with us”
a. They told John to come with us
b. They told to John to come with us
d. They told John came with us
38. Tom: “ Call me in the evening”
a. Tom told us calling him in the evening
b. Tom told us to called him in the evening
c. Tom told not us to call him in the evening
39. Your mother: “ Come back in one hour”
a. My mother told me come back in one hour
b. My mother asked me come back in one hour
c. My mother reminded to come back in one hour
d. My mother told me to come back in one hour
40. Mrs Smith: “ Don’t play in front of my windows”
b. Mrs Smith told us not to play in front of my windows
c. Mrs Smith told us to not play in front of her windows
d. Mrs Smith said us not to play in front of her windows
41. Jamei: “ Don’t eat so much junk food !”
a. Jamei reminded me not to eat so much junk food
b. Jamei asked me to not eat so much junk food
c. Jamei reminded me not to ate so much junk food
d. Jamei says me not to eat so much junk food
42.Walter: “ Don’t ring Tony on Sunday”
a. Walter told me don’t ring Tony on Sunday
b. Walter told not to ring Tony on Sunday
c. Walter told me not ring Tony on Sunday
43. Jane: “ Don’t watch the new film”
b. Jane advised not me to watch the new film
c. Jane advised me do not to watch the new film
d. Jane advise me not to watch the new film
44. “Don’t make noise because I am listening music now”
a. He asked me not to make noise because I am listening music now
b. He asked me not to make noise because I was listening music then
c. He asked me not to make noise because he was listening music then
d. He asked me to make noise because I was listening music then
45. Marcel: “ Don’t sing this song”
a. Marcel asked me not to sing this song
c. Marcel said me not to sing that song
d. Marcel asked me not to sang that song
46. Teacher: “ Don’t forget your homework”
b. Teacher asked me if not to forget my home work
c. Teacher reminded whether I not to forget my home work
d. Teacher reminded me not to forget your home work
47. John: “ Don’t shout at your son”
a. John asked me to not shout at my son
c. John asked me not to shout at your son
d. John wondered if I do not shout at my son
48. Tom: “ Why don’t you study hard for the coming exam, Ba”
a. Tom advised me not to study hard for the coming exam
b. Tom advised me to study hard for the coming exam
c. Tom advised Ba not to study hard for the coming exam
d. Tom advised Ba to study hard for the coming exam
49. Father: ‘ Brush your teeth before going to bed, please”
a. Father said to his son brushing your teeth before going to bed
b. Father said to his son to brush his teeth before going to bed
c. Father told his son to brush my teeth before going to bed
d. Father told his son to brush his teeth before going to bed
50. The man: “ Come in but don’t bring anything”
a. The man said to comein but not bring anything
b. The man told come in but not to bring anything
d. The man asked to come but not to bring anything
C. I used to take ever since D. I’ve ever taken
71. I don’t care whether ……………….. or not.
A. his coming B. he comes C. does he come D. will he come
72. She listened so attentively that not a word ………………..
A. she missed B. she did miss C. she didn’t miss D. did she miss
73. Helen and Tom _____ each other since they were seven years old.
A. know B. has known C. have known D. knew
74. Harry works all the time. He ________.
C. often relaxes D. relaxes sometimes
75. The last time I _______ swimming was when we were in Spain.
A. has gone B. went C. had gone D. goes
76. How old was Catherine when she ______ to France?.
A. migrated B. migrate C. migrates D. has migrated
77. A: I hope to write my autobiography before I ___. Do you think anyone would read it ?
A. died B. die C. have died D. had died
78. While I …………..TV last night, a mouse ran across the floor
79. It ____________ him three months to be able to run a mile a year ago.
80. World War II ________ out in 1939.
A. break B. will break C. broke D. have broken
Choose the underlined word or phrase that must be changed to make sentence correct :
81. After Mrs. Wang had returned to her house from work, she was cooking dinner.
A. returned B. to her house C. from work D. was cooking
82. Debbie, whose father is an excellent tennis player, has been playing tennis since ten years.
A.whose father B.player C. has been D.since
83. Linda has worn her new yellow dress only once since she buys it.
A. worn B.new yellow C. only once D. buys
84.I have seen lots of interesting places when I went on holiday last summer.
85. When my cat heard a noise in the bushes, she stopped moving and listens intently.
A.heard B.moving C.listens D. intently
86. The police arrested the man while he is having dinner in a restaurant.
A.The police B.while C. is having D.in
87. Peter and Wendy first met in 2006, and they are married for three years now.
A.first B. in 2006 C. are D. now
88. The boss laughed when the secretary has told him that she really needed a pay rise.
89. While I’m shopping in the supermarket, I ran into an old friend who I hadn’t met for five years.
90. Last week Mark told me that got very bored with his present job and is looking for a new one.
A.told B. got C. is looking D. new one.
Choose the sentence A, B, C or D nearest in meaning to the one in italic.
91. Mr. Brown was last seen in July 1928.
A. Mr. Brown has not been able to see since July 1928.
B. No one has seen Mr. Brown since July 1928.
C. Mr. Brown didn’t see anyone in July 1928.
D. No one saw Mr. Brown until July 1928.
92. When the power failed, we went to a restaurant for dinner.
B. The power failed just as we were going out for dinner.
C. We were having dinner at a restaurant when the power failed.
D. There was going to be a power cut, so we went out for dinner.
93. She told me she had to be home by ten o’clock.
A. She told me she had to be home by ten o’clock.
C.She told me that she would be going home at ten o’clock.
D.She said that she usually reached her home before ten o’clock.
94. She hasn’t seen her family for years.
A. She didn’t see her family for a long time.
B. It’s the last time she saw her family years ago.
C. It’s years ago she has seen her family.
D. It’s years since she last saw her family.
95. Could you tell me her address?
A. Do you know what is her address?
B. You know what is her address?
D. Did you know what her address was?
96. When did you begin to work here?
A. How long did you work here?
B. How long did you begin working here?
C. How long are you working here?
97. I haven’t seen my aunt for years.
A. I haven’t met my aunt for long ago.
B. The last time I met my aunt since years ago.
D. I didn’t see my aunt years ago.
98. She started work three months ago.
A. It is three months since she started work.
B. She had been working for three months.
C. She is working here for three months now.
D. It’s three months that she worked for.
99. My career as a teacher began 15 years ago.
A. I have been a teacher for 15 years now.
B. I was a teacher for 15 years.
C. For 15 years have I been a teacher.
D. I have started teaching for15 years now.
100. It has always been my ambition to become a famous artist.
A. I wanted to become a famous artist.
B. Always in my life do I want to become a famous artist.
C. I have always dreamt of becoming a famous artist.
D. Dreaming of becoming a famous artist, I always have that ambition.
1: A. desert B. result C. festival D. present
2: A. athletics B. thought C. enthusiast D. themselves
3: A. sport B. north C. horrible D. organize
4: A. rank B. athlete C. abroad D. badminton
5: A. spirit B. admire C. silver D. include
1: A. polo B. lottery C. popular D. dolphin
2: A. smooth B. breathe C. youth D. southern
3: A. chorus B. match C. toothache D. orchestra
4: A. of B. off C. staff D. laugh
5: A. circus B. circle C. count D. silent
1: A. few B. dew C. stew D. chew
2: A. type B. why C. tyre D. typical
3: A. digest B. digital C. together D. generation
4: A. east B. team C. ready D. increase
5: A. dips B. lives C. digests D. thanks
1: A. kind B. type C. classify D. sympathy
2: A. any B. many C. parrot D. said
3: A. slide B. derive C. wildlife D. inflation
4: A. third B. farmer C. eternal D. Thurday
5: A. guide B. biology C. generous D. gesture
1: A. slope B. money C. nothing D. government
2: A. aerial B. creative C. fair D. share
3: A. dune B. tune C. future D. until
4: A. rainfall B. plain C. chairman D. maintain
5: A. chemical B. stretch C. charge D. achieve
1: A. spectator B. marathon C. badminton D. volleyball
2: A. energetic B. significant C. competition D. overwhelming
3: A. solidarity B. organization C. consideration D. determination
4: A. silver B. medal C. event D. rival
5: A. level B. talent C. success D. nation
1: A. opponent B. provision C. controller D. windsurfing
2: A. reunite B. eternal C. advantage D. impressive
3: A. junior B. vertical C. penalty D. athletic
4: A. swallow B. eject C. digest D. survive
5: A. canoe B. major C. defence D. advance
1: A. summary B. difference C. apartment D. preference
2: A. appear B. replace C. describe D. swallow
3: A. opinion B. believable C. interesting D. impressiveness
4: A. survive B. distinct C. wildlife D. support
5: A. personality B. appropriate C. information D. entertainment
1: A. heavy B. climate C. stormy D. severe
2: A. gorillar B. discover C. terrorist D. substantial
3: A. remind B. number C. compaint D. approach
4: A. serious B. extinction C. endangered D. performance
5: A. enact B. leopard C. bamboo D. perform
1: A. deny B. sandy C. area D. routine
2: A. circle B. desert C. conquest D. comprise
3: A. illegal B. islander C. subsidy D. terrorist
4: A. paper B. control C. soldier D. hummock
5: A. urbanization B. deforestation C. international D. modernization
1. There’s no place like …………..
A. house B. home C. home base D. household
2. She was very ………….. during my father’s illness
A. support B. supportive C. supporting D. supporter
3. Despite the fact that he is in his eighties, he still leads an ………….. life
A. act B. active C. action D. acting
4. We are a very close - ………….. family
A. love B. knit C. good D. modern
5. Americans and Asians have very ………….. ideas about love and marriage
A. difference B. differently C. differ D. different
6. An Indian woman has to ………….. more in a marriage than a man
A. determine B. sacrifice C. effort D. do
7. The family has a very important role in ………….. children
A. social B. socialist C. socializing D. socialism
8. I tried not to draw ………….. to the weak points in my argurment
9. Buckingham Palace is a major tourist ………….. in London
A. attract B. attraction C. attractive D. attractiveness
10. Some people think it is …………. to point at someone
11. Eugenie Clark has a lot of ………….. about cultures of may countries in the world
A. know B. known C. knowledge D. knowing
12. My teacher gave me a lot of ………….. and helped me pass the test
A. encourage B. encouraged C. encouraging D. encouragement
13. If we have done something to hurt someone’s feelings, we should …………..
A. smile B. excuse C. thank D. apologize
14. Our parents join hands to give us a nice house and a happy home
A. deal with B. manage C. help together D. work together
15. It’s ok to use ………….. language if you’re speaking to a friend
A. verbal B. non – verbal C. formal B. informal
16. Gestures such as waving and handshaking are ………….. forms of comunication
A. direct B. regular C. verbal D. non – verbal
17. In Britain it is ………….. for children to attend school between the ages of 5 and 16
A. enforced B. compulsory C. obliged D. made
18. The school year normally has three ………….. , with exams at the end of the year
19. Primary education in the U.S is compusory
20. There are two parallel school systems in English, state school and ………….. school
A. national B. public C. primary D. secodary
21. Punctuality í imperative in your new job
A. Being eficient B. Being courteous C. Being on time D. Being cheerful
22. He couldn’t give a ………. explanation for his actions
23. With so much …………, I’m lucky to be in works
24. Any candidate caught ……….. in the examination will be disqualified
A. pretending B. cheating C. joking D. quitting
25. “Did Bob take the test ?” “ Yes, and ………… , he passed it easily
26. Several students failed to reach the…………..standard
A. require B. required C. requiring D. requirement
27. A skilled………….will help candidates feel relaxed
A. interview B. interviewing C. interviewee D. interviewer
28. It is……….to shoot an alligator in the Everglages where animals are under the protection of the National Park Service.
A. legal B. illegal C. legally D. illegality
29. The country is experiencing a severe economic………………
30. The bomb attacks have been attributed to a group of international………………….
A. terrorism B. terrorist C. terrorists D. terrorization
31. Many species of animals are in danger of ……………
32. Tricia wanted to be………of her parents so she tried to get a job.
A. dependent B. independent C. dependence D. independence
33. Some scientists believe in the……..of life on the other planets
A. exist B. existence C. existing D. existent
34. “ Do you have a reference from your previous……….?” asked the interviewer.
A. employ B. employee C. employed D. employer
35. Anne is a very ………….person
A. society B. sociably C. sociable D. socially
36. You looked…………after your summer cacation.
A. healthy B. healthier C. healthily D. healthfully
37. She said that the report was a bit……………
A. confused B. confusing C. confusion D. confuses
38. The weather was so………..that all the sight seeing trips were canceled
A. pleasing B. pleasant C. pleased D. unpleasant
39. Our health is being ……….by air pollution
A. dangerous B. dangerously C. danger D. endangered
40. Those boxes contain dangerous…………..
A. chemistry B. chemiscals C. chemiscally D. chemist
41. My son has given a great deal of………to his future jobs.
A. thoughtless B. thoughtful C. thought D. think
42. The authorities are discussing the worrying………issue in the area
A evironmentalists B. environmental C. environment D. environmentally
43. Be patient !. Don’t……….to learn a foreign language in a week
44. carbon dioxide occures in the air in…………form
A. nature B. naturally C. natural D. naturalness
45. Children should be…………to realize the full potential.
A. discouraged B. encouraged C. courage D. encourage
46. ……….for government posts are always thoroughly investigated before being admitted
A. Apply B. Application C. Applied D. Applicable
47. Staying here is…………. I am feeling sick
A. discomfort B. uncomfortable C. comforting D. comfortably
48. She applied for the new……….of training officers
49. One condition of this job is that you must be………….to work at the weekend.
A. available B. capable C. acceptale D. accessible
50. The agency will let you know if they have any suitable…………….
1. Madigan ………… a scientific expedition to Antarctica in 1919.
2. The Simpson Desert remained a ……….. until Madigan made an aerial survey in 1929.
3. The desert ……… for endless miles on all sides of us.
A. spread B. expanded C. extended D. stretched
4. One well-known desert plant is the ………, which grows well in hot dry regions.
A. spinifex B. eucalyptus C. cactus D. date palm
5. How is a desert ……………?
A. form B. forming C. to form D. formed
6. Albert was named ……… his grandfather.
A. for B. after C. with D. to
7. The land loses its protective cover of vegetation and soon turns ………. desert.
8. Many species of plants and animals are in ………….. of extinction.
A. risk B. threat C. danger D. harm
9. Different conservation efforts have been ………. in order to save endangered species.
A. give B. made C. done D. take
10. The Bali Tiger was declared extinct in 1937 due to hunting and ……….. loss.
A. inhabit B. habitat C. inhabitant D. living
11. Humans benefit greatly from the many medicines and other products that ………. provides.
A. diversity B. environment C. biodiversity D. habitat
12. The primary causes of species extinction are habitat destruction, commercial ……… and pollution.
A. chance B. damage C. production D. exploitation
13. Over 8,300 plant species and 7,200 animal species around the globe are ……….. with extinction.
14. Food should be well cooked to suit the guests’ …………
A. eyes B. smell C. taste D. tongue
15. Books are still a cheap way to get …………… and entertainment.
A. inform B. information C. informative D. informatively
16. Books are a wonderful source of ……… and pleasure.
A. know B. knowing C. knowledgeable D. knowledge
17. Books with good stories are often described as …………
A. swallowing B. tasting C. hard-to-put-down D. hard-to-pick-up
18. Whenever he picks up a book, he reads bits here and there or in other words he ………
A. digests B. tastes C. chews D. swallows
19. ……… books are ones in which the story is told or illustrated with pictures.
A. Romantic B. Thriller C. Science D. Comic
20. In water polo, a player is ……… after committing five personal fouls.
21. In 1941, The AAU officially accepted synchronized swimming as a ……… sport for team events.
21. England ……….. 2-2 with Germany in the first round.
A. equaled B. pointed C. tied D. scored
22. In water polo, no player except the ……… can hold the ball with both hands.
A. defender B. attacker C. referee D. goalie
23. The goal is ……... by vertical posts, a crossbar and a net.
A. kept B. marked C. made D. limited
24. Many young men prefer scuba- diving to water polo because it is ………….
A. adventure B. adventurous C. adventurously D. adventurer
25. The more goals the players ………, the more exciting the match became.
A. marked B. made C. scored D. sprinted
26. Sports enthusiasts from other countries were greatly ……… with the spirits of the 22nd SEA Games held in Vietnam
27. All athletes were ………. to get the best results in competitions
A. tried B. promised C. impressed D. determined
28. The Chinese volleyball team was widely ……… for its excellent performance in the final match.
A. believed B. considered C. admired D. appreciated
29. We had to pass six months of ……… training for the SEA Games
A. intensively B. intensive C. intension D. intensity
30. The shortage of clean water ……… in serious diseases and epidemics
A. brings B. causes C. results D. leads
31. Without ……… I always call Tom for his help when I have trouble
A. hesitate B. hesitating C. hesitated D. hesitation
32. W.H.O is the ……… of World Health Organization
A. initiate B. initial C. initials D. initiating
33. We all respect the soldiers who died in the wars in ……… of our country
34. The earthquake in Indonesia last year was a terrible ……….
A. epidemic B. catastrophe C. emergency D. famine
35. In case you have any further , please do not ……… to contact me
36. The road accidents victims ……… first – aid assistance by the Red Cross members
A. provide B. provided C. have provided D. were provided
37. They were ……… to hear that hundreds of people were killed in the air crash
38. The organization was ……… to provide aid to the wounded soldiers, civilians and prisoners of war
A. found B. founded C. establish D. establishing
39. Throughout history, women have had ……… for childbearing and homemaking
A parts B. roles C. duties D. responsibilities
40. Women in Lebanon have been in thirst for being ……… as equal citizens for years
A. realized B. recognized C. accepted D. received
41. Disabled people all over the world are always protected from ……….
A. ill – treated B. poor behaving C. bad treatment D. discrimination
42. Women only began to gain ……… with men in the 20th century
43. Women have made an enormous ……… to our modern society
A. work B. effort C. problem D. contribution
44. Fathers have indispensable ……… to play in the lives of their children
45. In Britain, for centuries male doctors were ……… of their female colleagues
A. doubt B. suspicious C. believable D. incredible
46. His wife was not ……… to have poisoned him for money
A. believe B. belief C. believed D. believing
47. As you have grown up, you have complete ……… to do as you wish
A. liberty B. freedom C. pleasure D. rights
48. Don’t you believe in ……… between men and women? – Yes, I do
A. agreement B. unity C. legality D. equality
49. Vietnam became the seventh ……… of the Association of South East Asian Nations in 1984
A. opponent B. sponsor C. member D. colleague
50. ASEAN has a big population and a region of ……… cultures
A. authentic B. diverse C. popular D. identical
CÂU GIAO TIẾP
1. Tom: “How do you do?” – Jerry: “………………….”
a. yes, OK b. Not too bad c. How do you do? d. I’m well
2. A: “Bye!” – B: “ ………”
a. See you lately b. See you later c. Thank you d. Meet you again
3. A: “ I’ve passed my exam.” - B: “………………….”
a. Good luck b. It’s nice of you to say so
c. That’s a good idea. d. Congratulations!
4. A: “ Would you like to have dinner with me?” B: “ …………”
c. Yes, It is d. Yes, so do I
5. Peter: “ I enjoy listening to pop music.” Mary: “………………..”
a. I’m, too b. I don’t c. Neither do I d. So am I
6. Ann: “ Are you going to visit Britain next month?” Kim: “Yes,……………..”
a. I am b. I do c. I like d. I going
7. Bob: “ James is a very brave man.” David: “ Yes, I wish …………..his courage.”
8. David: “ You’ve got a beautiful dress!” Helen: “ …………..”
a. I do b. Thanks for your compliment
c. You too d. OK
9. Sue: “ I love pop music” Alice: “ ………………”
a. I do, too b. No, I won’t c. Yes, I like it d. Neither do I
10. Ann: “ What do you usually do on Sunday?” Mary: “ …………….”
a. I used to drive to work b. I’d be sleeping all day
c. I’m not doing anything d. I usually sleep until noon.
11. Jack: “ I’ve got to go, Sarah. So long.” So long, Jack. And ……………”
a. be careful b. don’t hurry c. take care d. don’t take it
12. Mary: “ That’s a very nice skirt you are wearing.” Julia: “ …………..”
a. That’s nice b. I like it c. That’s all right d. I’m glad you like it
13. David: “ Happy Christmas!” Jason: “ …………..”
a. You are the same! b. Same for you!
14. Tom: “ …………………..?” Jerry: “ Once a week”
b. How much do you want
c. Are you sure
d. When will you get there
15. Peter: “ Sorry, I’m late.” Mary: “ ………….”
a. OK b. Don’t worry c. Hold the line please d. Go ahead
16. Davis: “ Good morning. My name is Davis. I have a reservation.” Andy: “…………”
a. What do you want?
c. I haven’t decided yet. What about you?
d. What do you like?
17. Mary: “ I’ve got an interview for a job tomorrow.” – Peter: “ ………..”
a. Thank you b. Same to you c. Good luck d. See you
18. A: “Thank you for the lovely present.” – B: “ ……………..”
a. Go ahead b. Not at all c. come on d. I’m pleased you like it
19. A: Are you coming on Saturday? – B: ……………..
20. A: ………… do they travel abroad? – B: Once a year.
a. When b. How c. What time d. How often
21. A: Do you think you’ll get the job? – B: ………….
a. I know so b. Well, I hope so c. I think so d. Yes, that’s right
22. A: I’m getting married next week. – B: …………….
a. Thanks, the same to you b. Congratulations!
c. Well done d. Sorry to hear that
23. A: How’s life? – B: ………………
a. Sure b. Not too bad c. Fine, thanks d. Pleased to meet you.
24. A: Excuse me, what’s the time? – B: Sorry, I ………………
a. don’t see b. don’t have a watch
c. won’t know d. know
25. A: Are you free this coming Sunday? – B: ……………
a. Yes, I will b. No, Thank you c. Yes, I can d. I think so. Why?
26. A: ……………………. – B: Certainly.
a. Welcome back b. What are you doing there?
c. I’m sorry I am late d. May I borrow a pen please?
27. A: Are you hungry? – B: ……………
a. Yes, I do b. Soon c. Right now d. Yes, a little
28. A: Would you like some more tea? – B: ……………..
a. Yes, please b. Here you are c. It doesn’t matter d. I’m OK
29. A: Hello, my name’s John. ……………… to meet you.
a. Please b. I’m very well c. Pleased d. Thank you
30. A: ………………? – B: He’s OK now.
a. What is he b. How is he c. How tall is he d. What’s he like
31. A: Thanks a lot for your wonderful gift. – B: …………..
32. A: What’s your name? – B: ……………
a. Really? b. Pardon? c. OK d. Forgive me.
33. A: Thank you for a lovely evening? – B: ………………
a. Don’t mention it b. I’m glad you enjoyed it
c. Yes, I’d like that d. Yes, that would be very nice
34. A: I hope to see you again. – B: …………………
a. I hope so b. Good enough c. Thank you d. I really enjoy meeting you too
35. A: Would you like a cup of coffee? – B: ………………
a. Yes, thank a lot b. No, thanks you c. Yes, please d. No, you are welcome
36. A: Excuse me - B: ……………?
a. What b. Yes c. No d. Thank you
37.A: Let’s meet for a coffee tonight. – B: …………….
a. I hope not b. I’m afraid I can’t c. Yes, let’s d. Yes, thank you
38. A: ……………………..? – B: Yes, I want to send some flowers to my wife in Italy.
a. Do you like flowers b. What do you like
c. Can you help me d. Can I help you
39. A: What’s …………., Peter? You don’t look very happy.
a. matter b. problem c. the matter d. that
40. A: I passed my exam. -B: …………….
a. oh b. Good luck c. Congratulations! d. Thanks
41.”Have a nice weekend.”-“…”
a. You are the same b. The same to you
c. so do I d. Will you?
42.Would you mind if I smoke? -……..
a. Never mind
b. Yes, please don’t
c. Not at all
d. Yes, please do
43.Excuse me, is anybody sitting here?- …….
a. No,thanks b. Yes, I’m so glad
44.Shall we start now?-…….
a. Yes,we are b. Yes, let’s
c. Of course not d. No, no
45.Your desk-mate failed in the oral test? –“.............”
a. I’m sorry to hear that c. Oh, I know
b. In which respect d. It’s hard for me to express myself in English
46.Don’t forget to come to my party tomorrow –“.............”
a. I don’t b. I won’t
c. I can’t d. I haven’t
47.Must we do it now?-“No, ………”
a. you won’t b. you mustn’t
c. you can’t d. you needn’t
48.Would you like to go to the movie with me ?-“…..”
a. No,I wouldn’t. That’s boring
c. Yes, I’d like to
d. I’d love
49. Your fur coat look very expensive.-“….”- It was secondhand.
a. Yes, it does b. I’m sorry
c. Really? It wasn’t expensive d. No it isn’t
50. What a lovely house you have!-“…”
a. You’re welcome c. Thank you. Hope you will drop in
b. Of course, it’s costly d. No problem