- từ chỉ định: this, that, these, those, every, each, …
- từ chỉ số lượng: many, some, few, little, several ...
- tính từ sở hữu: my, his, her, your, our, their, its…
He is a student.
These flowers are beautiful.
She needs some water.
She meets a lot of people.
He is interested in music.
She feels sad.
I’m terribly sorry.
She is very beautiful.
How beautiful the girl is!
What an interesting film!
Ex: That film is interesting. (Bộ phim đó hay.) (Người xem nhận thấy bộ phim hay.)
Hình thức quá khứ phân từ (-ED): Diễn tả cảm giác của người nói do người/việc gì đó đem lại.
Ex: I am confused about the question. (Tôi bị bối rối về câu hỏi.) (Câu hỏi làm tôi bối rối.)
Phần lớn: Adj + -ly ---> Adv
Ex: beautifully, carefully, suddenly, carelessly, recently ...
Lưu ý: Một số trạng từ đặc biệt cần ghi nhớ:
- good (a) well (adv): giỏi, tốt
- late (a) late / lately (adv): trễ, chậm
- ill (a) ill (adv): xấu, tồi, kém
- fast (a) fast (adv): nhanh
- hard (a) hard (adv): tích cực, vất vả, chăm chỉ hardly (adv): hầu như không
The weather is extremely hot.
The wedding day is carefully chosen by groom’s parents.
24. These children like ..................... weather. (SUN)
25. Lan speaks English ..................... than me. (WELL)
26. The Great Wall of China is the world’s ..................... structure. (LONG)
27. What’s Mary’s .....................? - She’s British. (NATION)
28. We should not waste ..................... and water. (ELECTRIC)
29. Let him do it ...................... (HE)
1. He has been very interested in doing research on _______ since he was at high school.
a. biology b. biological c. biologist d. biologically
2.You are old enough to take _______ for what you have done.
a. responsible b. responsibility c. responsibly d. irresponsible
3.Many Vietnamese people ______ their lives for the revolutionary cause of the nation
a. sacrifice b. sacrificed c. sacrificial d. sacrificially
4.They had a ______ candlelit dinner last night and she accepted his proposal of marriage.
a. romance b. romantic c. romantically d. romanticize
5.She sent me a _______ letter thanking me for my invitation.
a. polite b. politely c. politeness d. impoliteness
6.As an _______, Mr. Pike is very worried about the increasing of juvenile delinquency.
a. educate b. education c. educator d. educative
7.He was the only _______ that was offered the job.
a. apply b. application c. applicant d. applying
8.Many people have objected to the use of animals in _____ experiments.
a. science b. scientist c. scientific d. scientifically
9._______ is increasing, which results from economic crisis.
a. Employment b. Unemployment c. Employ d. Unemployed
10._______! I have heard of your success in the new project.
a. Congratulate b. Congratulating c. Congratulation d. Congratulations
11.A / an _______ species is a population of an organism which is at risk of becoming extinct.
a. dangerous b. endanger c. endangered d. endangerment
12.Almost half of turtles and tortoises are known to be threatened with ____.
a. extinct b. extinction c. extinctive d. extinctly
13.They are going to _______ the pool to 1.8 meter.
a. deep b. depth c. deepen d. deeply
14.The referee had no hesitation in awarding the visiting team a _______.
a. penalty b. penalize c. penal d. penalization
15.The referee's _______ is the most important in any sport competition.
a. decide b. decisive c. decision d. decider
16.Johnny used to be one of the most _______ athletes in my country.
a. succeed b. success c. successful d. successfully
17.The success of the 22nd SEA Games had a great contribution of many ____ volunteers.
a. support b. supporter c. supportive d. supportively
18.He was so _______ that he could not even say a word.
a. nerve b. nerves c. nervous d. nervously
19.I am really _______ in the way he talks, but the way he behaves.
a. interest b. interested c. interesting d. interestingly
20.Thanks to labor-saving devices, women have more time to take part in _______ activities.
1. The family has a very important role in_____________ children.
A. social B. socialist C. socializing D. socialism
3. In U.S. schools, teachers don't mind their students'___________ them during the lectures.
4. His achievements were partly due to the____________ of his wife.
A. assist B. assistant C. assisted D. assistance
5. By working day and night, they succeeded____________ their work in time.
A. finished B. to finish C. finishing D. in finishing
6. They started, as ___ gatherings but they have become increasingly formalized in the last few years.
7. Children who are isolated and lonely seem to have poor language and ________.
A. communicate B. communication C. communicative D. communicator
8. The lecturer explained the problem very clearly and is always ____in response to questions.
A. attention B. attentive C. attentively D. attentiveness
9. I make no __________ for encouraging my children to succeed in school.
A. apologize B. apologetic C. apologies D. apoplectic
10. It was very more __________of a chat than an interview.
A. formal B. informal C. formality D. informality
Unit 4: SCHOOL EDUCATION SYSTEM