|VOCABULARY – MULTIPLE CHOICE
1.d 2.d 3.a 4.a 5.c 6.b 7.a 8.c 9.b 10.b 11.b 12.c
13.d 14.c 15.c 16.a 17.d 18.b 19.d 20.d 21.a 22.b 23.b 24.c
25.d 26.a 27.a 28.c 29.b 30.a
DIEN VAO CHO TRONG
1.the 2.have 3. ago 4. evening 5. when 6. appear
7. going 8. last 9. catch 10. too
1. are 2. at 3. the 4. world 5. only 6. stay 7. but
8. prices 9. can/will 10. to/until
1. history 2. from 3. the 4. used 5. the 6. from 7. They
8. language 9. endings 10. past
1. plays 2. where 3. their/ the 4. because/ as 5. countries
6. much 7. to 8. problem 9. the 10. no
1. glass 2. with 3. and 4. are 5. better 6. who
7. people 8. more 9. ate 10. cereal
1. unpredictable 2. than 3. highest 4. sky 5. especially
6. drop/down 7. snow 8. time 9. time 10. with
VIẾT THÀNH CÂU ĐẦY ĐỦ TỪ NHỮNG TỪ CHO SẴN
1. It is very difficult to get there on time.
2. We were glad to see our friends after a long time.
3. They finally found a new house near the river.
4. How far is your office from here?
5. I can’t/ don’t understand what you are saying.
6. She is going to finish her work very soon.
7. when we got there the train had already left from the station.
8. Why didn’t you come to the meeting yesterday?
9. This weather is not suitable for a camping holiday.
10. How long does it take you to get to your school by bus?
1. Are you interested in listening to pop music or classical music?
2. He is taller than his sister by a head.
3. If it is fine tomorrow we will go fishing.
4. He was late for school as he missed the bus.
5. We were talking about him when he came in.
6. He had learnt English before he went to England.
7. She has been waiting for him for 10 hours.
8. You/ Visitors are not allowed to enter the museum before 9.
9. While Mr. White was working in the garden, Mrs. White was cooking in the kitchen.
10. I asked my mother for 5 pounds to buy some books.
1. Last year I spent my summer holiday at a popular resort on the coast.
2. I was invited to her party on the occasion of her 18th birthday last week.
3. Outside the shop there were/ are a lot of people selling fruit and other things.
4. She used to stay at her uncle's/ with her uncle when she was a child.
5. In the country life is slower and more peaceful than in the city.
6. My son enjoys watching cartoon films at weekends.
7. They arrived in London a week/ 2 weeks ago.
8. I used to live in this house when I was young.
9. She hasn’t spoken to him for two weeks.
10. Many people are afraid of growing old.
1. The/ These English courses are not too hard for you to study.
2. We all think (that) she will become a professional singer in the near future.
3. If you go to the post-office, please mail the letter for me.
4. Not long after the war, the fishing industry began to have/ having many serious problems.
5. We had a flat tire so it took us two hours longer than usual to get home
6. There has been an increase in the importation of foreign cars in (some) recent years.
7. She wondered why Peter hadn’t phoned her yet.
8. The police have prevented the prisoners from escaping.
9. It is impossible for them to come on Sunday.
10. He has been investigating the case for a week.
1. We will not go on an excursion if it rains tomorrow.
2. What are you doing after the course finishes?
3. The students failed to meet the necessary requirements for admission to the course.
4. The telephone was invented by Alexander Graham Bell in 1876.
5. When I woke up, it was raining heavily.
6. This is the first time I have talked to such an intelligent girl.
7. John hasn't had his car washed for over six months.
8. Finally, they succeeded in persuading their mother to let them go out.
9. I forgot to thank them for helping me.
10. It is difficult to pay one's bills when prices keep rising.
1. There was a lot of traffic but we managed to get to the airport on time.
2. Robots are sometimes used to perform dangerous tasks.
3. We used to be good friends but we hardly see each other now.
4. James Watt (who was) a Scottish scientist invented the steam engine.
5. Nowadays, it is important to be well-qualified to get a good job.
6. What are you looking forward to doing on this holiday?
7. I would visit you more often if you didn't live so (far) away.
8. When we were watching TV, the power went out.
9. Nobody knows exactly when the earth was created.
10. Despite the bad weather, they decided to carry on building their house.
VIẾT LẠI CÂU SAO CHO NGHĨA KHÔNG THAY ĐỔI
Bài tập 1
1. Whose motorbike is it?
2. His book was stolen …….
3. In spite of having a high income he was ……….
4. The text books were too expensive for the children in this region to buy/ so expensive that the children in this region couldn’t buy.
5. I had my motorbike repaired last week.
6. Her handbag has been taken away.
7. In spite of their poor results in the interview they were all accepted to work.
8. They can’t afford to buy the house.
9. Is it the best room you have?
10. Finally they managed to persuade their mother to let them go out.
Bài tập 2
1. Despite the play’s good notices, not many people went to see it.
2. My father speaks hardly English.
3. He denied having stolen the car.
4. I asked the shop assistant if he had a pale blue sweater.
5. The one she showed me was too small.
6. Whenever he comes to visit us, there is trouble.
7. Isn't there any another way to reach the city centre?
8. At no time did he suspect that the money had been stolen.
9. Never in my life have I seen such a means.
10. Does your aunt need meeting at the station?
Bài tập 3
1. The train doesn’t take as long as the bus (does)
2. We are going to have our car repaired next week.
3. There is an eight o’clock train to London every day.
4. A child is unable to stay/ can’t stay too far away from home.
5. What an interesting film!
6. Although the weather was terribly cold we went out for a new film.
7. If you don’t water these plants every day they will die.
8. Everybody will have forgotten the whole thing by the next term.
9. Jane Williams opened Checkers in 1984.
10. There are a lot of tables in the café.
11. If you book a table in advance you will avoid waiting.
12. A three-meal costs about $10.
Bài tập 4
The robbers made the bank manager hand over the money.
“You’d better keep an eye on your son.” He said to me.
It is essential for you to finish the work by Friday.
The people there didn’t notice anything strange.
I expect that he will get there by noon.
My neighbor is the most kind-hearted person I have ever known.
I’m going to have my motorcycle repaired tomorrow.
Everyone thinks that the café is very good.
Sorting out his stamps takes him 2 hours a week.
You can book theatre seats by telephone.
Tom said that he liked …
There are more pictures than texts in some newspapers.
Bài tập 5
1. The date of the meeting will have to be changed.
2. The statue was too badly damaged to be completely saved.
3. People's health is being affected by the pollution in the city.
4. They last visited me 5 years ago.
5. Bill asked Mary if she knew what time the concert started.
6. Helen can't play the piano as well as Liz.
7. It took him an hour to type the report.
8. Despite the heavy traffic, the little boy crossed the street.
9. If Bill's car hadn't broken down, he wouldn't have come to the meeting late.
10. Carol has no difficulty in making friends with different people.
Bài tập 6
1. They haven't had a holiday in the mountain since they visited their grandparents.
2. Yogurt is supposed to good you.
3. It took him two hours to write the letter.
4. Mary told me not to tell anyone what had happened.
5. It was such an expected remark that she didn't know what to say.
6. The bills have to be paid before the fifth of the month.
7. The mother asked the little boy if he was sorry for what he had done.
8. If she hadn't written her composition carelessly, she wouldn't have got a bad mark.
9. I'm not as good at English as my brother.
10. He forgot everything about it and so did she.
1. Sau khi ra trường hầu hết các cô cậu học sinh đều háo hức tìm việc làm nhưng rất ít người quan tâm tới việc họ đã chuẩn bị tốt cho tương lai hay chưa
2. Ở các thành phố lớn ô nhiễm do khí thải của xe cộ ngày càng nghiêm trọng đến nỗi mà người dân được khuyên nên sử dụng phương tiện công cộng thay bằng đi xe riêng.
3. Hầu hết các bạn học cùng lớp của tôi đều mắc lỗi ngữ pháp và lỗi chính tả trong bài luận của họ.
4. Trong số các kênh giải trí, TV là kênh rẻ nếu nó không thống tri cuộc sống của chúng ta do lấy đi quá nhiều thời gian của chúng ta.
5. Lớp trẻ ngày nay không phụ thuộc vào bố mẹ của họ nhiều như trước kia.
6. The Second World War happened in 1939 when Germany declared war with Poland.
7. Nowadays, many/ a lot of Vietnamese families are carrying out/ practicing family planning because they are aware of the fact that big family and poverty often go together.
8. Because it rained heavily, we had to put off/ postpone/ the picnic until the following week.
9. If you give him a chance/ an opportunity I'm sure/ I strongly believe (that) he will be successful/ get success.
10. Nowadays we have become more aware of the importance of environment to the existence and development of the human.
1. Prices of gold and dollars are decreasing strongly in the whole Vietnam market today.
2. I’m sorry to tell you that you are not being given a pay rise this year.
3. This is the most difficult thing/matter/problem that I have to encounter.
4. The argument of whether life in the country is better than in the city or not depends on each individual’s opinion.
5. Although English is spoken by fewer people than Chinese it is the most international language.
6. Sau hơn 30 năm đi xa, tôi quy ết định về thăm lại trường cũ.
7. Sức mạnh của con người chinh phục thiên nhiên là vô hạn, và trợ thủ đắc lực cho con người là khoa học
8. Không có du khách nào khi tới thăm nuớc Anh mà khong dành thời gian tới Str..
1. Công ty sẽ phải đóng cửa trong vài tháng nữa vì vấn đề tài chính.
2. Nhiều người cho rằng máy tính rất hữu ích trong kinh doanh, trong giáo dục và trong gia đình.
3. Giám đốc công ty này chắc chắn là người giỏi về kĩ năng quản lý.
4. Người ta cố gắng tránh chậm trễ giao thông công cộng bằng cách sử dụng xe riêng nhưng điều đó lại có thể gây ra những vấn đề khác.
5. Sự phát triển khoa học và công nghệ hiện đại đã mang lại những sự thay đổi lớn về mặt xã hội.
Translate the following sentences into English.
1. Unemployment affects/ influences the economy of a nation seriously.
2. Our school year begins/ starts in September and finishes in June.
3. He is one of the most successful investors in the world.
4. Hanoi is always considered to be a cultural, economic and political centre of Vietnam.
5. We are going to build a bigger house next year.